ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
UK GAME COMPETITION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: UK GAME COMPETITION Reply with quote

www.game.co.uk

I went to my Game store today and they were having a UK tournament thing going, choose any song in Medium on GH (although the page shows GHII songs like War Pigs and John The Fisherman) and a random draw takes place between the top 10 winners to win a new guitar.

I met some guy up there who appeared to be my only competition. I played Unsung, and after messing up on about 3 notes (It was on a plasma screen, I had a bit of lag), I ended up with a score of about 227,000 which I was proud of, seeing as the previous person who had the highest score was only on 150,000

I felt it was a bit unfair, as people who have been playing a while would know which song to choose due to the amount of points. Its a badly thought of competition, but hey, im there for boasting purposes and having a possible 1/10 chance of getting a new SG

Any other Brits go?
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if we're talking about the same thing but

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6630&cm_sp=guitarhero-_-topnav-_-thetour

GAME compos, could win a real guitar, I might go to the trafford centre one (if I can stomach the nerves).
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the same one, they still havent uploaded my score though
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same thing I posted in my topic.
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i smell funny, so its allowed

did you take part? Im ranked 14th, im heavy pissed off about that, We were told you HAD to play on Medium and Medium only, and folk have Expert scores up there (I know this, cos I checked SH to compare scores, and no ones better than the folks here!)
Mills  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took part today, only the rules at ours were even more harsh. 10 track demo of GH2, you had to play one of those tracks on medium. I played War Pigs (played it once on hard for the sightreading comp, then went for it) and wasn't particularly good (I think I probably should have gone to bed last night!), but I wasn't horrible I guess. I was a bit annoyed because I'd practised up Unsung on Expert to make sure I was consistently getting 380,000+ so I wouldn't embarrass myself! (Still, got me my first score over 400,000 so wasn't a total wasted effort)

However, did get to spend over 2 hours with the demo, mostly on Co-op (although the guy meant to be promoting the game was a bit rubbish and struggled on medium/easy tracks) I do think I should have been paid tho, I answered more customer questions about the game than he did! :p

Edited to add that I've just complained to Game, on the basis of a vastly unfair competition. Not so much that I think I should be top, I'm don't that, if everyone had been allowed to play expert, I would necessarily be near the top as I'm not amazing and we don't know how many stores this affected. It's more of a principle kind of thing. And I'm sleep-depreived and grumpy today, whatever. Anyway, I'll let you know if anything comes of it!
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly no when I foundout it was medium and medium only I bailed on the idea.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mills wrote:
Edited to add that I've just complained to Game, on the basis of a vastly unfair competition. Not so much that I think I should be top, I'm don't that, if everyone had been allowed to play expert, I would necessarily be near the top as I'm not amazing and we don't know how many stores this affected. It's more of a principle kind of thing. And I'm sleep-depreived and grumpy today, whatever. Anyway, I'll let you know if anything comes of it!

I emailed them and said the same mate, theyve taken my score down now! just be careful mate
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive emailed them again, lets see if I get a reply this time
Mills  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply yet for me either (although to be fair, I only emailed them on Saturday evening, so hasn't been that long for me.)
I did make clear that I wasn't complaining for my sake particularly, as I know if it had been a fair comp, you, and likely several other people would (still) have been massively better than me.
It's just how poorly run it was that really gets me. Meant to be a skill competition, but basically it's just whoever got lucky in which store they live next to.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they're just gonna give out that guitar some random dude even though he's not the best GH player.

good luck getting the responces you two.

edit: take a look on their website, the leader board

highest score on there

Colin Hobler - London - 385,900 - War Pigs - Black Sabbath

compare to b3nz0r's number 1 score

b3nz0r - War Pigs - 378,219 - 99% - 564

I smell BS tbh.
Mills  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I didn't even think to check that. If I didn't think this comp was bs before I certainly do now! This is making me increasingly pleased that I didn't preorder from Game! (Tho I did buy my PS2 there. Dammit.)
Skunkshit  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Guys its a big fuck up Reply with quote

I've been following the competition very closely, i havent uploaded my scores for hard or expert, or updated my medium scores, im good i swear!
Basically i went to the one in london where mr colin hobbler got his so called 385,900 on war pigs... and made friends with the guy who was running the stall, (he hadnt a clue of the ideas) he seemed to think it could only be done on medium and on the demo, when it clearly says in the small print must be done on medium or above! anyways i looked at the sheet with scores and guess what colin hobbler really got.......185,900.
Also a william steward reckons he managed 333,334 on you really got me........oh dear. well i struggled and convinced the guy to let me do unsung, and although i can hit 419,000 the nerves got me and i racked a 385, 928!!!! hahahahahaha fuck you colin hobbler, im gonna go again though its a pitiful score im laying down the plus 400,000 for sure!.
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my reply, this is my first complaint letter:

Hello, I am writing to enquire about the 'Guitar Hero II On Tour!' Competition. I participated in Glasgow on the 4th November, and was told by the person hosting the competition there, that entries could only be done on the medium level. We were told that the existing scores on the leader board would be removed as they were done at a higher level or played on the Guitar Hero II demo, which not all stores had, one being Glasgow. We were also told the Terms and Conditions would be changed to state that entries had to be submitted at Medium level only. Doing this, I submitted my score and waited patiently to see where I would rank. Unfortunately for me, I now rank at 14th, which I find to be unfair as myself and others ranked with a medium score will not be able to have a chance of winning the SG guitar. For Example, 'Infected' on Medium level, could not score higher than 180,000 points. It is also unfair how the higher entries are kept, although they were done at a higher level and we were not allowed to do so. It is widely known that the higher scores in the leaderboard are unattainable at Medium Level. I am wondering if I could re-enter the competition and play at a higher level to make it more fair. I would appreciate if you could investigate this complaint, and get back to me. Thank you.

Andrew Robertson

---

This was my reply:

Dear Andrew,

In regards to your enquiry about the Guitar Hero II Tournament, entries can be made on the medium level or higher. We set medium as the lowest level people can play and enter the competition on, however we have to allow people to compete at a higher level as some experts can easily achieve 100% on the medium level. You are more than welcome to enter the Tournament as many times as you like – please visit www.game.co.uk/guitarhero2 for your nearest participating store.

Also, in regards to the winner of the Epiphone Guitar – the top 10 players will go into a draw to win the top prize so you only need to get into the top 10 to stand an equal chance of winning the guitar.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Fiona Haldane

PR Executive

GAME Stores Group Ltd

Unity House, Telford Road

Basingstoke, Hampshire

RG21 6YJ

Tel: 01256 784442

Switchboard: 01256 784000

---

someone clearly didnt read what I said.

heres the reply to her ive not long sent:

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the participating rules. However, we were only allowed to play at a medium level in Glasgow. I would have been happy to have played at the Expert level, but we were not given this choice. This is how I find it to be unfair as other entrants in other stores could play at a higher level. This makes it unfair if I cannot get a high enough score because it is not possible to get as many points on the Medium setting as it is on the Expert level. This makes it virtually impossible for me to make a Top 10 score. I am no longer able to go back to a Game store to participate as I work on Saturdays, and I took a day off on the 4th November just to take part.

Also the score I managed to achieve has been taken down off the high score list. I had a score of around 227,000. I wonder if you could look into this and find out why it has been taken down.

Thanks again

Andrew Robertson

---

Ive wrote another complaint, one about my score being taken down and we'll see how it goes.

I was thinking about the War Pigs score myself. I only got around 190,000 on Expert and I dont think I missed that many notes (knowing me, I did, but hey)

Maybe we should get back in touch with them and say that this is totally fucked, and they should give us all guitars
Mills  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't received a reply, think I'm going to email them again. Although I'm not that bothered at the moment, I'm sure it'll still irritate me every so often. Besides which, I've got nothing better to do than to email Game! (Well, except play GH obv, but I need a break occasionally!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: