ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Earthbound/Mother series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, forgot about the Home Run Bat. So, bat, badge, and Mr. Saturn.
TheDarkSawblade  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCalx, thanks for the help.

Goals:
5-star the main set list on GH2 for 360 []
Beat Battery on RB2 []
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Random Picklez Wii Friend Code: 4551955201381507
chuckie0424  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
Oh, right, forgot about the Home Run Bat. So, bat, badge, and Mr. Saturn.

perfect those matches will be epic
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: chuckie0424
Duran008  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why they even put Lucas other than Ness? I think they pretty much just the same but Lucas has a different clothing on than Ness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RetroFaun
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duran008 wrote:
I wonder why they even put Lucas other than Ness? I think they pretty much just the same but Lucas has a different clothing on than Ness.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden01.html
ness' moves actually behave differently then luacas', even though they both use pk starstorm, and even that is slightly different (even though neither of them acutally use in their respective games.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Duran008  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that, But for there last update they just did. they are putting Ness as a unlockable character!! I mean EarthBound were great... Thing is I also see they messed up the naming.

EarthBound Zero(Never released) = Mother
Earthbound= Mother 2
Earthbound 2?= Mother 3...

Seems nintendo messed up the names badly... I mean if they released EB2 it will be like a mix up, like what happened to FF games... FFIII was FF6 and FF2 was never release until they had the Snes... Very confusing to Amercia and Japan.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RetroFaun
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are, if it were released in US, theyd just call it mother 3. most companys dont muck with the titles anymore. dragon warrior is finally dragon quest, the final fantasy numbering hasent been altered for a us release since 7, and all the rereleases are being numbered correctly

the thing is, before mother 1 was canceled, it was originally titled 'earth bound', the 'zero' part was just added by the group that dumped the original cart to a rom to differentiate between it and the Earthbound that we already had.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Duran008  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good point with the Dragon Quest and Dragon Warrior... Lets just cross our fingers for Earthbound 3... I also do remember they were going to release EB3 for the N64 sadly they canned it. I mean think...

Earthbound Zero = Mother, Nintendo: "Uh-oh I think we messed up a release on a great RPG game.. Don't worry well release EB for the Snes"
Earthbound = Mother 2 "Well Seems Japan loves Mother series sadly some people do not like EB... We need to think fast."
Earthbound 64 = Mother 64 "Well seems the stroyline won't make sense and I guess the N64 is about to die soon well have to can it."
CANNED
Mother 3 = EB3? "Well I doubt we can even make EB3 since with the Mix up... I guess someone might have to fan translate it..."

Well seems that could of happen on those events on what Nintendo was thing off...

hsatakeit  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Waits for full translation patch to be done*

I always wondered why between Jp and Us they changed PK to PSI, it seemed weird to have ssb characters say pk. But PK does sound cooler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsa take it gh3
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-- click for link
the first part (of 3) for 'Rock Candy vol. 5 is out!

Go download it! (along with the others)
MarthAltea  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like to take the opportunity right now to say that EarthBound is probably the best game I've ever played.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCalx wrote:
<-- click for link
the second part (of 3) for 'Rock Candy vol. 5 is out!

Go download it! (along with the others)

fixed.

ive mentioned once or twice around here that i occasionally get the urge to make some 'computer-generated dance music' lol@old joke[whore](link to my stuff is in my sig[/whore], but being the self-loathing bastard that i am, i hate all of them, except maybe two tracks.

Yet despite this hatred, or maybe because of it (i want to like more of my music, dammit!), ive wanted to do a mix of an EB song that (with any luck) could possibly be used on a future Rock Candy album, or at least be awesome enough that people would enjoy listening to (you know, if electronic music is your thing)

ive had a couple ideas bouncing around my head for a while, but i tend to focus on wanting to do a mix of 'The Cliff that Time Forgot' (according to the .spc file) (partially because i havent seen anyone use it) though the thing is, that has the potential of ending up as just a horn loop with beats behind it, unless i transition from that to the music from when youre walking around as robots, but that doesnt really lend itself to well to what id have in mind.

i realize id have to recreate the horn loop to use as a sample, since none of the RC tracks contain any audio sampled straight from the game (a prerequisite to get on one of the collections, IIRC). i have a few programs that might be able to do that, but if its impossible for me to do that, i would be willing to call upon any brass players from ye olde scorehero (with credit given, obviously).

the main problem is, I have little time to do anything creative (art/music) because of work, with the exception being the weekends (which seem to go by faster since i like to sleep as much as i can), and with Brawl coming out soon, that will make free time a big fucking zero, so the chances of me doing anything music-wise are slim and none for a couple weeks, but i have been wanting 'lay down some new beats' for a while, so i may just have to put brawl on hold one night and bust out my gear.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated first post with news of awesomeness 4billion%

I wrote:
[massive update!]
Earthbound rated by ESRB for virtual console

Boundless Optimism Mode GO!

DPooch  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry for the "necro",
but it hasn't been long since someone has posted on this.

/This game was so awesome. The storyline was epic and original.
(Future Full Review to be posted here.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
nintux  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an incredibly sad feeling that this will never be released on VC.
NoA hates Urfbownd...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: