ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide (Updated 11/20)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide (Updated 11/20) Reply with quote

I've made a chart which I will keep updated with current information - if you see anything wrong or out of date, then let me know and I'll update the guide. If something is marked as unknown (purple) it means that nothing official has been announced and no one has had the opportunity to test it.

Other Guitar Info:
- Using a PS2 -> PS3 adapter seems to result in hammer-ons and star power will not work properly, thus only partial compatibility.
- Rock Band's "special features" refers specifically to the special solo sections where you use the solo frets and you don't have to strum.
- Jay said that all USB guitars will work for the PC/MAC edition, and rodth said that the PS3 Les Paul will use a USB dongle for wireless, so there's a good chance the PS3 Les Paul will work with the PC/MAC edition.

Last edited by AtomskMC on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 am; edited 11 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Nice job. I reall hope the 360 grid turns all green sometime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image just broke for me and won't load, but judging by the guy above me's post it seems to be working for others. Are you adjusting it?

(Excellent work taking the initiative to do this. Glad my post on the other thread inspired someone who isn't as lazy as I am. )

EDIT: It works now! Great chart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bored last night, so I got busy in Excel :P

The PS3 (my console of choice) chart is a mess, it makes me a sad panda.

Hey, 500th post!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
wesjett08  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All im hoping for is 100% compat on GH1,GH2 and 80's with either the RB fender or the GH3 LP for the ps3...I want to be able to play the old games on my future ps3.

*prays*

Nice chart
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Les Paul on PS3 will only have partial compatibility with GH2 and GH80s - rodth of RedOctane confirmed there are problems with HO/POs and problems with star power (probably means the whammy, or tilt activation, or both) which is why it is listed as partial compatibility. GH1 will work fine, though.

Nothing has been said about the Fender, but even if Activision does allow it to work with GH3, I imagine it'll have the same problems with GH2 and 80s as the Les Paul.

So, sadly for people who have the PS3 (I'm in that camp too) it seems like we'll never be able to enjoy GH2 and GH80s to their full extent.
ecoots  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, but does the ps/2 version of guitar hero/II/80's (the game itself) work on the ps/3 or is that beyond the scope of this thread?

http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

all this shows is guitar hero 2 being compatible

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2542887335471555638&q=sailcat&total=19&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxG2pjo_3HU

Torchy wrote:
I'd sell my heart-shaped box and eat your cancer to work at Harmonix
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games are fine, it's just the controller that causes the partial compatibility. You either have to:

a) use the PS3 Les Paul to play them, or

b) use the old PS2 SGs with an adapter

And either of those options will result in only partial compatibility (HO/POs and star power not working properly).

But yes, the games themselves are fine. All three will load up on the PS3 with no problems (other than the inevitable controller problems I mentioned). Did that clear up your concern?
ecoots  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtomskMC wrote:
The games are fine, it's just the controller that causes the partial compatibility. You either have to:

a) use the PS3 Les Paul to play them, or

b) use the old PS2 SGs with an adapter

And either of those options will result in only partial compatibility (HO/POs and star power not working properly).

But yes, the games themselves are fine. All three will load up on the PS3 with no problems (other than the inevitable controller problems I mentioned). Did that clear up your concern?

yes, thank you very much kind sir

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2542887335471555638&q=sailcat&total=19&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Torchy wrote:
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bows*

I live to serve.
Crononaut  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chart, thanks!

I, too picked up a PS3 for the fall, and was most dismayed to learn of the compatability issues of GH2 and 80's.

Luckily, I held on to my PS2 while I was testing the compatability, as I was planning on selling it!

Hopefully they'll be able to release an adapter that actually works for the controller in the future, and I'll finally be able to sell my PS2!

AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded in my PS2 for my PS3, and then found out about the issues. I wasn't going to buy my PS2 back (no money left after the PS3.. sigh) so instead I just decided to sell up my GH2 (the only game I own) and my two SG guitars, to get some money so I can afford to buy GH3 and two Les Pauls. It's sad to think I'll probably never play the GH2 songs again.
ecoots  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is the star power compatibility issue anyway? is it the tilt sensor, and if so does select work fine? if that is the case then a simple jumper wire from the tilt sensor to the select switch should cure the problem. of course if you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron then your'e S.O.L.

Torchy wrote:
AtomskMC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about tilt, but I think the whammy doesn't work.
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With something this popular, you would think they wouldn't want to disappoint and make everything as compatible as it could be.

That is sad news indeed, AtomskMC. I'm holding my PS2 specifically for Guitar Hero and I'd never be able to part with the first iterations of the game. I so wish/hope I could/can maybe eventually use GH/GHII/GH80s on my PS3.

AtomskMC, do you plan on Rock Band at all?

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: