ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Love Rock & Roll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: I Love Rock & Roll Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask: are you squeezing in notes with SP by playing them earlier/later than the actual note's position? If so, then I'll never reach 1st. I've been training myself to play on the beat for too long.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
I have to ask: are you squeezing in notes with SP by playing them earlier/later than the actual note's position? If so, then I'll never reach 1st. I've been training myself to play on the beat for too long.

Yes, there are two chords I squeezed at 400 extra points a piece. I also got maximum SP out of whammying all the short holds, and squeezed an addition 50 or so hold points by activating at the latest possible moments for two of the SPs. I'd be surprised if my score is not within 20 points of optimal, I was shocked that I pulled off the timings that I did (after attemping for 5 hours)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i have the same strategy as you, JCirri, i just cant execute the sp on the solo at the right time.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i think i have the same strategy as you, JCirri, i just cant execute the sp on the solo at the right time.

Yeah, this activation was key to my score. I activated at the very latest moment and delayed the solo notes while still hitting them all under SP, allowing me to get extra hold pts before it deactivated.

Here are some point values you can use to compare with your runs:

After the first break my score was 74,653 (after the first squeezed chord)
Note: if you have 74,253 then you missed the squeeze and will not beat my score.

After the solo my score was 98,225 (after getting all whammy SP and activating as late as possible)

Then after the final squeeze at the end (with some more squeezed hold points), my final score of 139,137.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is squeezing chords?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting the chords early while you still have the star power activated and activating the star power as late as possible while and hitting the first note as late as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: SP Reply with quote

I don't activate it right at all i just do it when the solo comes to help score i'm pretty stingy with SP i save it alot.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: SP Reply with quote

GibsonGuy100 wrote:
I don't activate it right at all i just do it when the solo comes to help score i'm pretty stingy with SP i save it alot.

FYI: It may be better to use Star Power when the bar's half full and be stuck without it for a few measures than to stockpile it and end up skipping over 3 more Star Power runs.

If you prefer to stockpile, go for it. I'm just saying scores go up when you get creative with your SP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, no wonder I can't get top 10 scores on easy. The only thing I do with SP is activate it when I feel like the song is about to throw a lot of notes at me. Squeezing though..I don't have much desire to do that, too picky. I just want to play the songs and improvise...even though it might not land me any high scores.
random  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri might be the only one interested in these details, but...

In my run of 139165, I somehow had 128253 after the solo (!), but only ended up 4 pts higher at the end. I later realized I had forgotten all about where to turn on the last sp, so I missed the last hold pts. So there are at least 8 more pts to get (JCirri will probably prove that soon ).

Good luck to anybody going for the this, it's hard!
random  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, meant 98253 after the solo.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll share the path for this song since I'm quite pleased with my execution.

I Love Rock & Roll - Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what i use, but i never chose the correct time to activate the star power at the end.
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed that and i ended up with 4k less than my own top score, what did i do wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: