ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Love Rock & Roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxev2005 wrote:
i think i understand what u mean but could u give an example?

Here is a picture of it. This is taken from I Love Rock and Roll before the solo.

You need to start the SP late and hit the first YO chord late (after the beat). Then, at the end of the SP, you need to hit the GY chord early (before the beat). This is what squeezing is.

Normally, the SP would run out before the GY chord, but because you are hitting the first note late (and activating it AFTER the note should be hit), it gives you enough time to squeeze in the GY note at the end of the SP.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you activate late enough, you can just play the note in time, and if you activate it right on time, you can squeeze the last note if you hit it way early. A double squeeze is when you have to abuse it on both sides...or do you always have to abuse it on both sides, and a double squeeze is just when you have to hit the absolute edges of the windows?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
And if you activate late enough, you can just play the note in time, and if you activate it right on time, you can squeeze the last note if you hit it way early. A double squeeze is when you have to abuse it on both sides...or do you always have to abuse it on both sides, and a double squeeze is just when you have to hit the absolute edges of the windows?

You don't have to abuse it on both sides for a normal squeeze.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the way I think of it is based on number of notes (or chords). A normal squeeze is hitting one note/chord outside the boundaries of the SP duration, a double squeeze is hitting two extra notes/chords. So I guess it could be possible for a tripple squeeze under the right circumstances (3 notes close together), but I've yet to find such an example. In most cases a double squeeze at least requires you to at least abuse the window on both sides of the activation, and, in some cases (i.e. IWBS) to its very edges.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...i guess i'll just have to try it.....ive only been playing the game for a couple of weeks....so, i'm pretty new at this....
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxev2005 wrote:
ok...i guess i'll just have to try it.....ive only been playing the game for a couple of weeks....so, i'm pretty new at this....

Yeah, you should be pretty comfortable with the game before really trying to squeeze notes. You should try to really get the correct Star Power paths down first, then when you feel comfortable enough with those, start trying to squeeze.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxev2005 wrote:

Honestly, at your level it's a complete waste of time, all squeezing does is nab you a few hundred extra points in a song so you can beat all the other people who have hit 100% notes with optimal star power usage, if you're not at that level, don't bother with it.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Kecos  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this squeezing stuff sounds kind of cool.. maybe i'll try it after i 5* a couple more hard songs
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kecos wrote:
this squeezing stuff sounds kind of cool.. maybe i'll try it after i 5* a couple more hard songs

To be honest it'd be better to practice on say, Medium or Hard if you're comfortable. At least for me, it was easier getting the hang of it on easier difficulties so when I went to expert I already knew what I was doing and it wasn't just some confusing mess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

b3nz0r, I recall you and thekovinc saying you use your pinky to hit 'select' for a precise activation. Is it possible to squeeze and tilt easily? I usually break combo when I use my pinky and when I tilt, I am not really getting these squeezes easily, if at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:

b3nz0r, I recall you and thekovinc saying you use your pinky to hit 'select' for a precise activation. Is it possible to squeeze and tilt easily? I usually break combo when I use my pinky and when I tilt, I am not really getting these squeezes easily, if at all.

It's MUCH harder to tilt and squeeze. I think you should just practice doing it with your pinky. It's much easier that way. I know it's hard, but just keep practicing and it will click eventually.

1226.png
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...i got a FC on this song now....now i wanna know about the squeezing technique.....is there a video that someone can post a link to?
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how often do you top-ranked guys use the select button to do SP on songs in general as opposed to the tilt?
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxev2005 wrote:
how often do you top-ranked guys use the select button to do SP on songs in general as opposed to the tilt?

I use select 99% of the time. It's only on REALLY fast parts that I tilt (when you have to activate right before, during, or after a really fast part, and that doesn't happen often. Most times I still press select).

1226.png
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
I use select 99% of the time. It's only on REALLY fast parts that I tilt (when you have to activate right before, during, or after a really fast part, and that doesn't happen often. Most times I still press select).

what do u hit it with? ur pinky?

Goals:
5* Cochise: need 25,048 pts
6* Take Me Out: need 1,130 pts
6* Stellar: need 5,081 pts
4* TF: need 4,697 pts
6* Eureka: need 1,543 pts
5* Mask: need 1,156 pts
4* Fly On The Wall: need 2,444 pts
4* Cavemen: need 6,547 pts
6* Sail: need 5,919 pts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: