ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
80s - S6 - PS2 - League OB/B Playoffs WINNERS: morty/PDPablo
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: 80s - S6 - PS2 - League OB/B Playoffs WINNERS: morty/PDPablo Reply with quote

NOTE: no bracket pics yet (sorry)

Welcome to the OB/B playoffs!

Each round of the playoffs is one song and lasts ~3 days. All contestants play the song as much as they can during the challenge period and enter their best score into ghevents. There are no twists, beat the score of the person you are bracketed against to advance.

Persons marked as 'alternates' can send a score for the first round, and will get placed into the bracket if there are no-shows among the bracketed people. Note that the bracket assignments may change based on drop-outs - I will slide all the seeds down and add alterantes at the highest seed. All such movements are done before i look at any actual scores to preserve fairness.

If you know you cannot participate (or for whatever reason do not wish to), please let me know ASAP by posting in this thread so that i can give your spot to an alternate

All score submissions should be handled via the special playoff event created in GH-events. There is only one event for both OB and B combined (dont worry though the brckets are separate). Note that you can still enter scores even while pending, so even if you are up against the deadline, sign up and enter scores and they will count even if i have not logged in to approve you yet.

All scores are due at 9:00 PM pacific time (midnight eastern) on either wed night or on sat night. Late scores will earn you a forfeit.

Schedule:
Code:
1st Round: Police Truck (Due: 9/19)
Rnd of 16: Synchronicity II (Due: 9/29)
Quarters : No One Like You (Due: 10/3)
Semis    : Ain't Nothing But A Good Time (Due: 10/6)
Finals   : Play With Me (Due: 10/10)

Last edited by Barfo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:47 pm; edited 11 times in total
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OB:

SEMIS:

Code:
Shock     243330 100/501
J-On      226118  99/326

morty     243358 100/501
Jph93     no score

FINALS:

Code:
morty  271,710 100%/885
Shock  271,318 100%/885

WINNER: morty

Last edited by Barfo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B:

SEMIS:

Code:
Venge     220197  99/309
Keeper    220237  99/310

Mattz0r   218244  98/312
PDPablo   219560  98/309

FINALS:

Code:
PDPablo  189,374 91%/215
Keeper   182,045 88%/156

WINNER: PDPablo

Last edited by Barfo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Backspace  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'd forgotten the chart for this song so I gave it a playthrough and I think all I have to say is ****ing trills! Lol seriously though glad to see I made the playoffs and and I'm very glad to see I'm in a week 1 match I think I can win. Also Barfo I'm not sure if you saw but psx dropped out in the main thread so does that mean you'll be replacing him with whichever alternate scores highest or just the next highest person ranked in the season. Just wondering because if it's the former then that seems a tad bit unfair to the person facing him since he'd essentially be facing 4 people .
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, everyone just gets moved up a spot, and the alternative that gets in is the first name on the list that actually submits.

That said, I'm peeved that Police Truck is first in the playoffs, given that it is my favourite in the game. Oh well, I'm standing by my word (and I really don't want to grind it out after having done so on expert just trying to outtick NIN (and failing as per usual >_>)).

Good luck guys, let's see some epic playoffs from everyone!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great...Police Truck ...Guess I better get to work on it!!!

Good Luck DocMartin!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck DragoonKain.
Just got a score i'm happy with.

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
Jph93  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I get to face Piso in the third round. FUN.
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit. If I win Round 1, then I'm up against Shock. That's IF jonnysparxz doesn't beat me first. I'm not a big Police Truck fan...

I will say that I am glad to have made it to the playoffs for my first league attempt.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so im in round 2 now. just have a question, just in case.
so i dont play this round but i play next one with the winner of this round, is that right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4452935267237486
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god I got a first round bye. I would get killed playing Police Truck. Since I now think I can FC CIAM, Police Truck is now my worst song in the game. I'd probably be sent packing if I had to play it. I've definately got a tough road ahead of me. If I made it to the quarters, I'd probably have to face morty. Even if I beat him(which I seriously doubt), I'd have to face Piso in the semis, and I know I'd be outsqeezed by him. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
morty  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid... I can't get the hyper-super first squeeze in BiM...
Anyway I'm happy with my accomplishment (so far). The last 2 weeks i had only 2 and a half days to play.

S6(Rock's the 80s) OB League CHAMPION!
S7(Legends of Rock) OB League 3rd place!
S9(All GH Games Hard) 2nd place!
Niall  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like I won't face you, RocketMan. Not unless we square off in the finals. I had needed to be 7th for us to have a chance - but you would have needed to beat PDPablo...

In B league, the seeds may not indicate a whole lot; watching rewand0 take all week 4 songs except for the 'easiest' (Shakin) means anything can happen!

But I am so glad to not play Police Truck. See you all Thursday!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This'll be my first league season in which I failed to earn a first round bye in the playoffs! Not completely surprising, but still.....
This could be a positive thing. It probably means that I am in the right place to have myself a seriously challenging competition that will push me to my very limits. And that is exactly what I am looking for, the hardship that makes me stronger. Whether I eventually win or lose no longer matters so much as how much I have improved my abilities...
Still, it won't mean I'm going to slack off on this thing. I will do the best I can manage to do and expect nothing less from my opponents.
Good luck to all of you participating in this season's playoffs!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i should have entered my scores in earlier but when i go to enter them my computer starts fucking up due to a virus and by the time i fix it the deadlines up . that sucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: