ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New DLC Pack for Guitar Hero II 360
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrkuo  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Best DLC pack yet Reply with quote

This is the first DLC pack that really challenged me. The first two songs (Detonation and Hatchet I think) took 3 or 4 runs for me to 5-star. I love the HOPOs in those two. The beginning of the first song does remind me of the HOPO sequence in the start up of that Through Fire and Flames song, if ever so slightly. It's about 10 times as easy, I'm sure, and half as fast. But it does let me experience that type of note pattern.

Do you guys hold the green throughout the hopo or do you lift off? I've tried both, but I think I do better with lifting off. Not sure If I'd have the time to lift off on Fire and Flames.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold the green down. It doesnt quite feel right but it seems to work fine. Yes the songs are really fun to play. As hard as I am finding them to five star (apart from Exs and Ohs) i do enjoy the challenge. I am still 3 starring at around 170k on Det and around 90k on Bury the Hatchet. I shall struggle on.
LOSTin2007  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vyse-86 wrote:
LOSTin2007 wrote:
I suggest going back to learn alt strumming instead of doing it on a new song (that's kind of a hard one I might add)
You'll really be glad you did though! Trust me, you'll improve boatloads

Altsrumming is absolutely useless for me no matter how hard I practice it. I've tried TLB several dozen times, I can almost FC the solo but do so bad at the chorus, I only barely 4*ed it once.

I might as well not even bother. I 5*ed CoY w/o altstrumming and occasionally I can even downstrum the triplets in BtH Give me another 4 months of practice and I'll downstrum the Trogdor solo

Unless my neighbours complain about a "weird hammering noise" coming from my flat, I'll just keep it that way. If that means I can't 5* songs like TLB, I gotta live with it. I can still enjoy the game.

patience is a virtue grasshoppa
juaxoo  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i love these new songs
Ex's and Oh's way easy 5 star...
Detonation 4 starred
and Bury the Hatchet stuck at 3 stars with like 117k....man
i can 4 star jordan but not this lol
too many note breakers for me :\
strikebowler585  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juaxoo wrote:
man i love these new songs
Ex's and Oh's way easy 5 star...
Detonation 4 starred
and Bury the Hatchet stuck at 3 stars with like 117k....man
i can 4 star jordan but not this lol
too many note breakers for me :\

Yep, I love the new songs, too.

The 1st one is really random, but awesome!
The 2nd one sounds really cool.
The 3rd one is fun to play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is cool but can u take the damn new icon from the title cause its not new anymore
oberlin27  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex's and Oh's is by far my favorite to play, mainly because it's Atreyu. I really like Detonation as well, not a huge fan of Bury the Hatchet though. It's fun to play, but I don't really care for the song, and that kinda takes away from the experience
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Oberlin27
RevoltedFire  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRIVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!
purplestuf  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

all of the songs on guitar hero are easy except for jordan (ive 5 starred everything in the game and about half of the songs ive 100%'d and im not even close to being one of the best people in the world. you guys stick to easy mode. hah bury the hatchet you need only 175k on expert to 5 star. which is really easy
MLafer  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

purplestuf wrote:
all of the songs on guitar hero are easy except for jordan (ive 5 starred everything in the game and about half of the songs ive 100%'d and im not even close to being one of the best people in the world. you guys stick to easy mode. hah bury the hatchet you need only 175k on expert to 5 star. which is really easy

Who the hell are you talking to? Lurk more please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell accidentally pasted half the medium chart into the hard charts on Bury the Hatchet?

The Trivium is boring on hard too, since there's next to no HOPOs due to the high beat.

All 3 good fun on expert though.
Mallory213  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the songs on another Xbox with my hard drive and now I can only play them on my harddrive if I'm signed into Xbox Live. Any idea how to solve this?

Jugenheimer  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Best DLC pack yet Reply with quote

mrkuo wrote:
Do you guys hold the green throughout the hopo or do you lift off? I've tried both, but I think I do better with lifting off. Not sure If I'd have the time to lift off on Fire and Flames.

No way in hell would you have time in TTFAF. You probably already have, but go watch the preview video for it again and you'll begin to realize that the green fret MUST stay down .
juaxoo  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
purplestuf wrote:

Who the hell are you talking to? Lurk more please.

lmao
Lurk more please .....and yea random guy shows up thinking he can do all this haha.....please...
but yea i forgot to mention these are the only DLC songs i havent 5 starred...im sad now even though Mlafer made me laugh

Mallory you might want to try to clear Cache and redownload....see if that works....the same thing happened to my cousin :\
if not then srry iono whats up
ARobb  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

purplestuf wrote:

Funny how you say that when you have NO scores posted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ARobbSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: