ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Carry Me Home
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Hard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Carry Me Home Reply with quote

Note Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
valhalladeath  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else getting totally whipped by this song? I was cruising through the game on hard until this song. Most of the time I can't even get further than 6% into the song and the furthest I've made it is 34%. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the new hammer ons/pull offs are a huge help on this song. On the mid verse fills just hit the notes at the beginning of the parts and HO/PO the rest.
MeleeChamp  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent a half hour on practice mode to 5* this song... It was crazy. I pulled up my score over 50k doing it though. Mr. Green
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my first pass through the game, this song was my worst by far. I managed to figure it out after a few more playthroughs though. It's not TOO bad; you just have to learn the licks.
tacorrenti  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeleeChamp wrote:
I just spent a half hour on practice mode to 5* this song... It was crazy. I pulled up my score over 50k doing it though. Mr. Green

What did you do that brought the great turnaround? My first time through I passed it (with 3* only). But now I've gone back to try and 5* all Hard and I am still stuck with 3* on this one. Help please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacorrenti wrote:
MeleeChamp wrote:

What did you do that brought the great turnaround? My first time through I passed it (with 3* only). But now I've gone back to try and 5* all Hard and I am still stuck with 3* on this one. Help please.

The main thing is to get your fingers used to the HOs for the intro part and for the YRBRYBY sequence that pops up so often in the song. Once you can play that, you'll break your streaks far less and it'll be a piece of cake.
raunch99  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raunch99 - Carry Me Home - Hard SP
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: raunch99 Wii Friend Code: 5200184951610899
eD3N  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valhalladeath wrote:
Is anyone else getting totally whipped by this song? I was cruising through the game on hard until this song. Most of the time I can't even get further than 6% into the song and the furthest I've made it is 34%. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem, I practiced alot and can usually get past the intro(hitting about half the notes). Furthest ive made it so far is 71% I think. I know by failing alot at 33% that it is the part where a mini solo part comes in at around the 2nd verse. My fingers just can't seem to move fast enough for the RYRBRYBY (something like that) part. In any other speed than Full speed I can do it pretty good. I pratically do the whole song in the red section,activating SP when I have enough and then going back to red struggling not to fail.

I noticed in the RYRBRYBY part I nearly always miss the second blue due to not fast enough HO. Here's my question ive tried to found out; in HO, do you have to release the lower fret so the next higher fret will work? For example the RYBY part, I strum R then release R, press Y,release Y, press B,release B and press Y? If so then damn my fingers are way too slow for that.

Update- woah I finally cleared this song! After a few unsucessful tries,I noticed the first blue note in the repetitive RY-B-RYBY would screw up the rest since I desperately tried to hit it and most of the time missed.So I decided to simply not bother about it and just strumed the R after. It worked awsome,I cleared the song after my second try with that method.
Blue0ctane  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's fucking annoying?

I was able to clear Madhouse with an easy 5*, and I can't get 8% through Carry Me Home. I played in practice mode for about fifteen minutes, and that helped with the maif riff.
Guitar Hero World Tour - slowly playing through all four careers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtedizkiller  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue0ctane wrote:
You know what's fucking annoying?

I was able to clear Madhouse with an easy 5*, and I can't get 8% through Carry Me Home. I played in practice mode for about fifteen minutes, and that helped with the maif riff.

I know how that is. I have 5 stars on all the other songs except for this one and Psychobilly Freakout. Nonstop for 2 hours and all I've been able to cook up was a 4 star result
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raunch99 wrote:
Raunch99 - Carry Me Home - Hard SP

You missed highlighting the SP phrase in measure 60. And then your next activation is only 7 measures instead of the 8 it would be with the missing SP.
mendeleev  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeleeChamp wrote:

I envy you guys....

I cant pass the godd**n song even after hours in training mode.

Im simply not fast enough....I'll never give up though.

/mendeleev
simey  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dtedizkiller"]
Blue0ctane wrote:
quote]

I know how that is. I have 5 stars on all the other songs except for this one and Psychobilly Freakout. Nonstop for 2 hours and all I've been able to cook up was a 4 star result

I went back on hard to 5* them all. I cant do carry me home and im still about 20k off the grade. as with psychobilly freakout i did it first time, which i was amazed at, considering ive got nowhere near that since!! I still practise this song but i just cant get the 5*
raunch99  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That old path I have posted sucks. Since I am a man of the people, here is the path I just used to get 1st. A better squeezer can better my score I'm sure.

Raunch99 - Carry Me Home - Hard SP (take 2)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: raunch99 Wii Friend Code: 5200184951610899
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: