ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cochise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current score on this song is 128485 - i normally do well on one verse and poorly on the other. Can anyone tell me what fingering they use for the verses, mine's pretty much index on red and slide down to green, which works pretty well. The cool is i seem to be doing H/Os automatically (during the verses, that is) which is neat. The chorus one's mess me up a bit though, i reckon if i could keep combo during them i would get a much higher score. I'm working on them though. As for the solo, well i know i can do all all of it but its hard to get right in one run.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. I have the two main riffs MASTERED, I'm using the SP path that everyone else is using, but I can't get above 130,000 on this song. How the hell are people breaking 200,000? This is the only non-facemelter song I haven't 5-starred yet, and it's pissing me off to no extent. Over the past two days, I've played it about 200-300 times, and have yet to 5-star it.
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a full star power bar going into the chord solo, that ONE part of the song is almost 50% of your total score... If you can't even get at least halfway through it without an 8x multiplier..your score will suck.

...so how well are you hitting the solo? If you flub right away, kiss a high score goodbye (unless you combo the rest of the solo..)
EviLize  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, it's kinda good kinda bad. I usually miss a couple going into the solo, then I start getting the right tempo and hitting notes, but for some reason I miss like one out of every 5 or so notes, so even though I'm hitting a good amount of them, my multiplier never goes anywhere.
Dodobird  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no problem with the HOs, but I always lose my combo at the multiple BYRG sequences throughout the riff. I don't know why, but my fingers just can't seem to manage it for some odd reason. I usually just end up sliding my pointer finger down the RG, but that's not reliable in the least.

Hell, I can even get a decent amount of the solo with 8x, but I just can't seem to manage that part of the riff. I don't have problems doing BYRG sequences more quickly in other, more difficult songs (Frankenstein), it's only here that I can't seem to keep the combo going. Frustrating as hell, especially since Cochise really starts to grind on your nerves once you've heard it around 3 times in one day.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I f***ing hate this song.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
TheFreak  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song gives me nightmares, I can't 5 star it either.

What works best for me in the main riffs is keeping my pinky on Orange, stumming the quick B-O notes, then the BYBYRG or BYRG, reaching for the Green with my index finger Though I'm still not very good at it and I sometimes skip over the red, it's easier to hit the quick B-O notes. (I can't HO them for the life of me)

The chorus also frustrates me, as I can never carry a combo into the chord section after the first chorus. Even then, I can't get the strumming rhythm in that piece down and usually settle for X2 from my SP.

The sad thing is, Audioslave is one of my favorite bands and this is one of my favorite songs by them
SletraBEiddE  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on what fingering I should use to hit the GR-RY-YB at the end of the first section of the chords. Right now I do 12-23-34, but that's obviously not working because I've only gotten it once or twice in my life. I can get the rest of the song everytime so that's all that's preventing me from an FC . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

emptyset  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I use, Sletra:

12 (quick slide)---> 12 23
GR_____________RY YB

I never really got it using the 12-23-34 fingering but since I switched to what I currently use, I rarely ever miss it. It sets you up for the BO-YB repeating chords nicely, which I just alternate 34 and 23 for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Here's what I use, Sletra:

12 (quick slide)---> 12 23
GR_____________RY YB

I never really got it using the 12-23-34 fingering but since I switched to what I currently use, I rarely ever miss it. It sets you up for the BO-YB repeating chords nicely, which I just alternate 34 and 23 for.

K, thanks... I'll try that when I get home, I'm kinda in school now

TheFreak  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally 5*'d it today after trying it about 10 straight times! Got about 150k.

I didn't have a very big note streak at all, but I managed to take a X4 multiplier into the chord section, hit my SP and nailed every note up to the YB/BO switching, where of course, I missed like crazy .

So it is true, having a good streak going into the chords is crucial to getting 5 *s
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't FC this song because I keep getting extremely nervous. Has anyone else noticed that when you are holding an FC as you play, you get more and more nervous?

If I get this FC, I'll be in the top five scores for Cochise! Woooohoooo!!
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlowingHalo wrote:
I can't FC this song because I keep getting extremely nervous. Has anyone else noticed that when you are holding an FC as you play, you get more and more nervous?

Yeah I do that too. It's probably because I haven't gotten a lot.

On a positive note, I just played Cochise last night for the first time since GHII came out, and increased my score 40k to 225. These forums are great to help you figure out how to play a song, plus I had fast triplet practice through Rage.
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my FC in this song didn't get me to the top 5, but 8th is close enough, right?
zimzum83  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN IT! i was doing really well in career mode in all the songs, but i cant get this one! anyone using alternate strumming in this song?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: