ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mother
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Mother Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only song in the game where I swear I hit the RB chord correctly, but the game doesn't register it as a hit. I plink, losing my combo. Shouldn't the solo put this song in the next set? It seems a little rough for an opening lick...
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlowingHalo wrote:
This is the only song in the game where I swear I hit the RB chord correctly, but the game doesn't register it as a hit. I plink, losing my combo. Shouldn't the solo put this song in the next set? It seems a little rough for an opening lick...

i agree...it took me 3 tries to 5* it and i'm not THAT bad...i couldn't understand why this song would be second on the game...
EviLize  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because they don't base the difficulty off of just the Expert chart. On the lower difficulties, the solo is pretty much non-existant, so it's one of the easiest songs in the game.

As for the SP path, this is what I use. I get the first two streaks (measures 8 + 19), then activate. Then the next two (27 + 35), then activate. Then the next two (49+58), then activate. Then the next two (77 + 81), then activate. The the next three (90 + 99 + 106) (but DON'T whammy the long orange in measure 90) then activate. Then the next two (114 + 118) and make sure you whammy the whole orange note in 114, then wait until the red note that starts measure 120 and activate it then.

Sorry I can't make a graphical SP chart, but I still need to install Photoshop on this comp. If you can't understand the path from the above description, though, I could do it in paint.
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The path works for me, so I would like to thank you, EviLize. I just break my combo on the easiest spots. When I get a better score, I'll post it.

To tell you the truth, I've never seen any of these songs on any difficulty easier than expert (GH2 only. I started on easy on the first game...).
Mrthedude87  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the path slightly flawed. I found it better to whammy that orange like hell and get another half bar of SP. I then used that immideately and out of the next two was able to get about a little over 5/8 of a bar which brought be very close to those B-O hammerons with sp mid-solo. I then got the other bit of sp and used it right out close to the finish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrthedude87 wrote:
I found the path slightly flawed. I found it better to whammy that orange like hell and get another half bar of SP. I then used that immideately and out of the next two was able to get about a little over 5/8 of a bar which brought be very close to those B-O hammerons with sp mid-solo. I then got the other bit of sp and used it right out close to the finish.

Agreed. No reason to waste that potential activation, that's the path I use.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, when I made that path I guess I didn't notice that you could get over 1/4 bar of whammy SP on that hold, allowing you to activate it insantly afterwards. With that in mind, yes, the proposed change seems to be for the better.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I'm able to get a half bar of SP on the first holds, would that change anybody's mind to a SP path?
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was wondering if that was possible, cuz it looked damn close....i'm gonna have to try harder

EDIT: yeah i was able to get the half bar at the beginning as well, but i works a lot better to get the next one also

Last edited by brooksycc7 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Matt276  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
Umm, I'm able to get a half bar of SP on the first holds, would that change anybody's mind to a SP path?

I don't think so. The part of the song between the first and second SP phrases doesn't give you as many points as the part between the second and third SP phrases (about 14 notes worth compared to 15.5 every 2 measures), so you should save that star power until after the second SP phrase.
Legleg  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP Chart

For best results, whammy everything. Got me fifth place in Score Hero. To see it in action, check my sig.

EDIT: The SP path sucks. Sort of. For the first activation, delay it a second and activate on those chords. For the choruses, activate two chords later.

Legedevin at YouTube
raver331 at GameFAQs

Credits to "Ice" for the button.

Last edited by Legleg on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is up with this song's solo? Is it at like 800000 BPM? there are certain notes which feel like they should be HO/PO's but aren't actualy. Hard to FC.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This song doesn't seem like it should be the 2nd song in the game. The solo is too crazy.
Matt276  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legleg wrote:
SP Chart

For best results, whammy everything. Got me fifth place in Score Hero. To see it in action, check my sig.

EDIT: The SP path sucks. Sort of. For the first activation, delay it a second and activate on those chords. For the choruses, activate two chords later.

Wouldn't delaying the first activation to the chords make you miss the SP? I would activate on either the green or red hold, so you get the squeeze + some extra hold ticks under SP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: