ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cherry Pie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Cherry Pie Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those SPs...could this be the first song that has an 8-star?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it, but I need an SP path. Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't sleep, so the question of "can we get 8* on Cherry Pie" sounded appealing for me to play with.

Here's the best SP path, as far as I can see it (if I'm wrong, then blame the not sleeping thing)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/xenikos/guitar%20hero/cherrypie.png

If the values on the note chart above are correct, then the base score should be 37029. Played perfectly, 1136 would be played at 1x, 1250 at 2, 974 at 3, and 33669 at 4. That would give a "no SP" total score of 141234.

Now if you go by my SP path, then the SP sections will cover 3023, 1886, 1786, 2530, and 3324 base score worth, respectively. Adding those up, and considering that you would add 4x the total to the total score (they all fall after you've hit the 4x barrier, and 4x of the 8x has already been counted), you get a total theoretical score of 191430. This will probably be low somewhat, since I didn't necessarily count the notes that will be hit by extra SP from the smaller whammys that add 3 and 1/3rd to your SP bar.

Then I went to look at the top scores, and this checks out - DemonixX just today hit 192,473. So is that 8 stars?

The cutoff for 8 stars would be 5.2. IF the base score I calculated is right - and that's a big IF - then DemonixX hit 5.196!!!! Obviously this requires the cutoff to be proven for reals to see what the game says it is. I honestly don't know how reliable the guitar hero explorer results are (if they're taken from the game, is that the same as proof? This is something I don't know). Either he JUST made 8 stars, or just barely missed it - by 77 points!!! But if that base score IS right, could someone pick up 77 more points, by, say, catching one tiny SP whammy, or getting a few points here and there from held notes? I would imagine that it should be theoretically possible to do slightly better on SP usage (maybe missing one note or something), so I would guess that 8* is, at least theoretically, possible in this case.

(again, don't put too much faith on an idiot at 7am, so if I am off on my counting, forgive me)

Last edited by Frostilicus on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mordred  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good SP path. I'm going to try this one out when I get home tonight.

Using your path there are still some areas of improvement. Whammying right before the 2nd activation should allow you to pick up 1, possibly two of the GY chords at the end.

It doesn't look like you're accouting for whammying the held note on measure 33, and you only show 4 bars under the 3rd SP activation when I would guess you'd have 6-7 measures given that you pick up 3+ SPs before hand.

There's also definitely time to whammy some in measure 54 and 63 which would allow SP to carry over a bit into measure 73.

I had the 10th highest score on this song last night, and I can definitely improve a pretty good bit as this path looks to be better than the one I was using.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Mordred - I did screw up the 3rd SP activation, in that you'll have at least 6 measures there. I'll fix that later.

As for the other things, when I'm working out a SP path all I really care about is when the optimal times to activate are (and making sure I don't activate too late so as to run over a SP line). So whammying those one-beat sustains to pick up a few extra notes...is something that I figure people will do anyways =)
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're close. There is no activation in the solo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B3n, are you sure ya'll have the right path? I have 97% and I'm less than 6k behind you....do you do 3-2-3-3? cuz if you do there's pretty much only one way you can use it
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I do have the right path considering I've got first place...

I do 3-2-3-3, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that I had gotten activation off of that run and sustain in measure 47 alone, and since the hold goes on for 7.5 beats....I'll check it again though.

And the fact that brook has a score so close to yours with 97% completion isn't *proof* that b3nz0r didn't achieve optimal SP - it is possible to do the same path, and to miss a couple of notes and get such a high score - but they'd have to be all right next to each other, only once, and to not be during or affect SP path or build-up. If those missed notes weren't consecutive, however, then b3nz0r's path was not optimal.
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to have 97% I have to miss anywhere between 13 and 19 notes, then build up SP....I don't know, I guess I could FC it and find out
Frostilicus  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited my SP path for this song, the new link is provided in my original message. This fixes the solo problem - the SP hold before it gets you .47 of a bar, just not quite activation range....I don't know why I recalled it getting you a full .5.

There's another very important thing to keep in mind: during the 2nd and 3rd SP phrases, you CANNOT whammy any of the SP holds there. If you do, your first activation will run over the next SP phrase.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frostilicus wrote:
I thought that I had gotten activation off of that run and sustain in measure 47 alone, and since the hold goes on for 7.5 beats....I'll check it again though.

And the fact that brook has a score so close to yours with 97% completion isn't *proof* that b3nz0r didn't achieve optimal SP - it is possible to do the same path, and to miss a couple of notes and get such a high score - but they'd have to be all right next to each other, only once, and to not be during or affect SP path or build-up. If those missed notes weren't consecutive, however, then b3nz0r's path was not optimal.

I never claimed my path was optimal, I simply claimed that my path got me first place (for the moment).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:

I never claimed my path was optimal, I simply claimed that my path got me first place (for the moment).

You said it was "the right path". So, yes, you did. You may well be correct - again, I amended my path after retesting. But congrats again on first - we're all very proud.
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
Pretty sure I do have the right path considering I've got first place...

I do 3-2-3-3, yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: