ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Killing in the Name
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright sweet, hopefully it's good

1st activation: Save a full bar for measure 42 and use there. This should end right before 50 to net you the next SP

2nd activation: Get next 3 phrases and use again when constant RO part begins (measure 75)

3rd activation: Get the next 2 (whammy all) and use immediately when constant chords begin (measure 99), should end in time to get the YO chords and next SP, if it doesn't adjust whammying or cutting off last Y hold

4th activation: Use on triple chords as soon as the next 2 SP phrases are hit (measure 116)

Tell me how it turns out
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to try this out yet , I've been focusing on some other stuff at the moment >_< (getting 20 mil, practicing for co-op with wuLFe)...I just wanted to let you know I really haven't forgotten about your path. I'm heading back to college tonight, so I'll definitely give this a shot soon, and let you know how it goes.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
Hey I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to try this out yet , I've been focusing on some other stuff at the moment >_< (getting 20 mil, practicing for co-op with wuLFe)...I just wanted to let you know I really haven't forgotten about your path. I'm heading back to college tonight, so I'll definitely give this a shot soon, and let you know how it goes.
That's fine, I haven't even played GH in a week now so no hurry.
AfroSpatula  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Tried it... Reply with quote

Dude, I tried it and it seems to work good.
Rishi  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
Alright sweet, hopefully it's good

1st activation: Save a full bar for measure 42 and use there. This should end right before 50 to net you the next SP

2nd activation: Get next 3 phrases and use again when constant RO part begins (measure 75)

3rd activation: Get the next 2 (whammy all) and use immediately when constant chords begin (measure 99), should end in time to get the YO chords and next SP, if it doesn't adjust whammying or cutting off last Y hold

4th activation: Use on triple chords as soon as the next 2 SP phrases are hit (measure 116)

Tell me how it turns out

this is the SP path i use actually, except i think i my 1st activation is a little later, just before measure 43 starts and if i remember correctly, it does stop just before measure 50.

my highest score at the moment is 506,426 and i havent got 100% on this song yet, so it should be a good path, i dont know if it creates the highest number of points though, can someone who has got 100% on it confirm this please?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MJM249  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that path would then be 4 4 3 2?

swat.funk  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, MJM, it would be 4 4 3 2...

I've been doing a lot of counting. This path has the potential to get 799 notes at 8x. I have another one that gets 815 notes under star power. Probably gonna take me a couple weeks to practice and figure out. I'll post it here if it works...

*edit*

After much testing today, it looks like 3 2 3 3 2 is a slightly better path. Although the only time I got over 500k was using 4 4 3 2.

Reason is, I suck at the double stops at m36. Most of the sp points in this song occur during the last two activations - which are the same in my path and catfish7's. Once I can 100% this one using 4 4 3 2, I'll go back to 3 2 3 3 2.

Can anyone double check this path and confirm?

1st activation - m31 on B

2nd activation - m50 on O

3rd activation - m76 on last R

4th activation - m98 cutting off the last Y hold of the SP phrase

5th activation - m155 on last Y

*edit 2*

well, looks like mine is pretty much the same as priest's, so I'll consider my work today the proofreading confirmation. Speaking of Priest, thatnks for all the help you've given us in this game. Couldn't have climbed this high w/o ya

AA League player

Bandin  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a better path?

I just used the one Priest posted, FC'd with near perfect execution and I'm still 8k short of 1st. >.>
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the one I posted and got 1st?
Bandin  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just fail horribly at squeezing.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 8k usually isn't a squeezing issue...I'm thinking you missed a SP somewhere without realizing it...or you activated the second to last one too early and missed out on a lot of chords.

Look it over again and try it again, see what happens.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized the other day that this song is actually in 6/8 time. Every beat in the song is actually a whole measure in the real time of the song, so they're not actually triplets, they're eighth notes. As soon as I got that, I started thinking like that, and the fast notes became hella easier to hit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
vct  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I don't think so. Look at this measure:

There's no 6/8 here.

GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vct wrote:

There's no 6/8 here.
Neither is there in the noise build. Even in 6/8 songs, you'll get couplets, doubles, whatever you want to call them, where you get 2 notes to fit in the space of 3. That's an example of them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
emosadcrying  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
vct wrote:

There's no 6/8 here.
Neither is there in the noise build. Even in 6/8 songs, you'll get couplets, doubles, whatever you want to call them, where you get 2 notes to fit in the space of 3. That's an example of them.

This is called a HEMIOLA

hooray!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: