ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ace Of Spades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I double strum the greens and single strum the other notes

..i can get 100%
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get all the notes on the solo on this one. Mr. Green Except now I have to ace it.

Last edited by Metalmuppet on Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Guitarmageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips for the GR-RY-YB-BO section of the solo? I can nail the rest of the solo, but that always gets me.

Also, right at the beginning, at the OY, does anyone else just PO after the orange? The yellow has a black circle, but can be played PO. Makes me curious if other songs have them too.
Ral  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarmageddon wrote:

Also, right at the beginning, at the OY, does anyone else just PO after the orange? The yellow has a black circle, but can be played PO. Makes me curious if other songs have them too.

I do every once in a while. Killer Queen, Fat Lip, Cowboys from Hell, and the HO/PO tutorial each have second notes that can be HO/PO'ed, even though they have black rings around them.
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I've just nailed the main riff (i use alt. strumming). I just pause right after the greens, the do Down-Up Down-Up and it works grand. Still need to work on the ol' solo though...
Brandvold  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, the OBYO notes in the end are killing me! I can't believe a part like "OBYO____OBYO____OBYO", seeming so easy, is the only thing keeping me from FC'ing this song

Edit: Aaaahh, I'm going crazy! I'm not even close to hitting them! There the bastards are, at the very end of the song, in a game without practice mode, creating sheer havoc in my mind when i reach them. I've tried every thinkable approach, I just don't know how to tackle them. My mind goes; Alt strum them all? Throw in a pull off? Hammer on the last O? No wait, maybe down strum and get lucky? And then the game goes CLUNK CLANK CLINK DSFHSKBFNJ.

/end rant
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the most success POing and either strumming once at the beginning, or just on every O note.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downstrum the lot and get them about 80% of the time
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
SletraBEiddE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to easily FC this song. The only part that I can never get is the very last fast part. It's just a few seconds after the quick OBYOs, I don't know what the exact notes are, but I can FC the rest of the song 50% of the time. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tahmer  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i just hammer on and pull of the majority of it while downpicking a couple times. and i end up comboing it every time.
SletraBEiddE  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandvold wrote:
God, the OBYO notes in the end are killing me! I can't believe a part like "OBYO____OBYO____OBYO", seeming so easy, is the only thing keeping me from FC'ing this song

Edit: Aaaahh, I'm going crazy! I'm not even close to hitting them! There the bastards are, at the very end of the song, in a game without practice mode, creating sheer havoc in my mind when i reach them. I've tried every thinkable approach, I just don't know how to tackle them. My mind goes; Alt strum them all? Throw in a pull off? Hammer on the last O? No wait, maybe down strum and get lucky? And then the game goes CLUNK CLANK CLINK DSFHSKBFNJ.

/end rant

At one point I was strumming the first O, then pulling off to hit the B and Y, and then strumming the second orange. When i was doing this my pinky was positioned on the O and I would get it like every other time.

I've since change my technique. Now I strum all 4 notes (alt. strum obviously, I don't think I'd ever be able to downstrum that fast), but I shift my hand up so that my ring finger is on the O rather then my pinky, my middle finger hits the B, and my index finger hits the Y. Since I've made this adjustment I nail this part pretty frequently, somewhere around 7 out of every 8 times.

Good luck with FC'ing this. I've been trying this myself for awhile now, also without success. Although, I have managed to nail an 8th ranked score .

Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarmageddon wrote:
Any tips for the GR-RY-YB-BO section of the solo? I can nail the rest of the solo, but that always gets me.

Since the tempo is at 300bpm, you have to alterstrum at 600bpm on the GR-RY-YB-BO section of the solo.
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ES, I was just wondering if you're getting all of the same squeezes I am on this song....just as a marking point, when it breaks from the main riff, I think my best has been 95, 850 or so....The reason I'm wondering is because the best run I have had, I missed twice in the triplets and I think I'm a little under 5k behind you, and I want to see if maybe there are some more points in this song.

NewYY1  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Ace of Spades is easier in expert than in hard.

Guitar Hero 2
Misirlou(4), Jordan(0), Six(0), Thunderhorse(3)

Guitar Hero 3
Raining Blood(4)
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know im a nobody... but ill take a swing...

use it after the first 4 sp phrases when you back into the chorus...

use about 1 1/2 seconds after the end of that chorus when you get both SP from it...

take the SP just after the SP Phrase and the one a little later on and either use on the solo or save for the chorus...

The Ending i am still working on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: