ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Free Bird
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Free Bird Reply with quote

Note Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is this a good SP strategy?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/HylianHero2k5/freebird_guitar_expert.png

I haven't actually perfected this yet, since I'm just not that good at the song, but I imagine it has to be pretty damn good since it only skips over one SP chain.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

I haven't actually perfected this yet, since I'm just not that good at the song, but I imagine it has to be pretty damn good since it only skips over one SP chain.
I'd save that one activation for the "galloping" O-BO O-BO held chords towards the end. They are really easy and a treasure trove of points.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

Thanks! I just saw this path and decided to give it a try, and I 5-starred it on my first attempt, with almost 50,000 more than my last highest score.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the second activation, whammy all the phrases leading up to that and start it on the second orange note in measure 64. It should cut out before the green note in 72.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, how the hell are you getting 8 measures out of that SP? I get less than 5.
Shin  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

Got me a five star, thanks!
Didn't do very well, but due to this clever usage combined with
catfish7 wrote:
I'd save that one activation for the "galloping" O-BO O-BO held chords towards the end. They are really easy and a treasure trove of points."
I still just made the cut-off (providing cut-off proof in the process Mr. Green )
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EviLize wrote:
Wait, how the hell are you getting 8 measures out of that SP? I get less than 5.

Get the first 2, use immediately. You should get 3 more SP's with holds to easily make a Full Bar, activate on the second orange note of measure 64.
Haggarduser  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

A few of your activations were wrong (overlapped SP phrases) so I made a new path based on yours. It's my first attempt at a star power chart, don't laugh.

If you activate SP a second time on Solo I it will overlap all the over phrases and you won't be able to activate on the BO O BO O section.

You can move the one activation forward to Solo C if you can nail that part or need to use SP there so you don't fail. I don't think there are any mistakes. Whammy everything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the Sp path is 2-3-3-3-2-3-2-1-1 right?
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
2-3-2-2-2-3-5-3 is the most commonly used one, I believe, and the first six activations (2-3-2-2-2-3) are definitely right (with some room to shift them around; for instance, people who can nail solo C would want to delay the 3rd activation a few measures). However, as nice as those BO-gallopy chords look in shining blue as you nail one after another with a x8, the last 8 SP phrases actually yield more points if you use them as a 4-2-2 rather than a 5-3, using them at measures 173, 209, and 238, respectively. This, of course, assumes you can nail the short OBYR section. If you can't, you can put off using the second to last activation until measure 219 and it should still be slightly better than waiting until the BO chord-gallops.

[edit]
Here is what should be the optimal SP path, for a full combo. The path is 2-3-2-2-2-3-4-2-2, and I've numbered the activations from 1 to 9. Obviously, most of us will want to move some of the activations around a bit to line up with what we can hit (e.g. activate #3 immediately if you can't hit solo C). Also, if you have a hard time keeping a multiplier in most of the solo, are simply trying for a five-star, or missed some of the SP in solos I and J, you should probably wait until the BO-gallop chords to activate SP, and perhaps activate the last SP during the chords near the end, wasting the last one if you can't hit the end wankery.

This path, if executed flawlessly (including the squeezes), should net an 8-star with about 2400 points to spare.

I definitely don't agree with this path. I'm almost positive you wouldn't want to whammy any of the three phrases before I & J and go up right away so you can get an extra activation in the two solos. After, you would go up on the 2nd YRGBY after I & J, the four note runs, and the end wankery. I think that would be optimal
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:

I definitely don't agree with this path. I'm almost positive you wouldn't want to whammy any of the three phrases before I & J and go up right away so you can get an extra activation in the two solos. After, you would go up on the 2nd YRGBY after I & J, the four note runs, and the end wankery. I think that would be optimal

Correct, I hadn't thought of that. Assuming you get all the squeezes possible and you whammy for about half a beat before I and J to get every note possible, your path beats mine by 700 points, pre-multiplier.
[edit] Not sure now where that 700 came from. I now get that your path is better by only one note, and that is only if you count the orange note before solo I. Still, yours is technically better.

So on my path above, activations 6 and 7 should be split into three activations, one at measure 140 (after getting the SP and whammying for 1/2 to 1 beat), one after getting 2 SP's in solo I (measure 149 or 150), and one in measure 162 when the notes come. The optimal path is then 2-3-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-2.

Last edited by Barbaloot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
The optimal path is then 2-3-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-2.

Actually, 3-2>2-3 at the beginning.
From the middle of the red sustain in 39 to the yellow sustain in 47= ~3978 (base). From the start of measure 65 to a 1/4 beat into the green sustain in 70= ~4805.
3978+4805=8783 for 3-2.

Right away on the B in 10 to the 3rd O in 16= ~2703. Measure 64 until yellow sustain at start of 72= ~5938.
2703+5938=8641 for 2-3.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense

Thanks, that's good to know
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never would have guessed that...

[edited] Ok, so here's the updated SP. The path is 3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2, and you should whammy fully everywhere. Be sure to use the activation before solo I just before hitting the last orange note of the SP phrase (and mistakenly getting the SP phrase). Again, feel free to give any suggestions, but I would be surprised if this weren't optimal. A FC with this path should be an 8-star with about 3000 points to spare. (However, if you aren't good at keeping a multiplier during solos I-J, the older path above is probably better.)

Last edited by Barbaloot on Tue May 01, 2007 9:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: