ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jordan
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Jordan Reply with quote

Note Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3189&start=15

I posted some tips. Perhaps they can help.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something I posted in the other Jordan thread. As instructed by JC, I'll post it here:

I've made it to 61% (i previously said 71% but I was wrong, it was 61%) a few times, but if I could just make it to the Blue Hold of Freedom the song would be owned. I now have it to where I can get 70% on solo C. If I could just finish out strong on Solo A (fast triplet pulloffs) and be in the green, I could wait longer to activate my SP and hopefully make it to Solo D. =) I can get like 95% on the rest of the song. I only get about 50% on Solo B.

I tried the speed cheat a few times, and that didn't help me.

I suppose I would like advice on getting further into solo B without having to activate SP.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as Huwonk. I failed three times in a row with the blue hold of freedom (awesome way to describe it) just laughing at me.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll offer some advice to those of you that couldn't pass it.

Go into Practice mode, practice Solos B, C, and D on Slower. Make sure you can 100% B up to the fast triplets (since that's another SP chain in the actual song), nail as many as you can, and just look at the chart. You can try playing it if you want, but it helped me much more to just KNOW what notes were coming at me when the real thing came around.

Using this method and being very careful on SP usage, I passed 2 times after practicing. Mr. Green

And Andy...are you sure you're on Expert? Because...well, if NOBODY else on the site was able to complete the song their first run (including the guy that FC'd way more GH1 songs than I can count)...well, personally, I don't believe you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonHybrid wrote:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3189&start=15

I posted some tips. Perhaps they can help.

I actually did everything in your tips before I even read them. The 2 finger sliding and such. Still can't pass this thing for my life. (I'd probably fail in in slowest speed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Mrthedude87  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! I beat'd it! There's one specific note I always hit sp on now (if I can get to it) and it pretty much guarantees me the win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Suitata  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i need a bucket to attain 5*
websurfertai  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to about 60%, right about where you can see the long B note of freedom as you guys call it :P

If I could either just hit more notes or use SP a little later in, I could probably finish this song, but for now I'm leaving it alone.

EDIT: Beat it with a 4 star, I'm quite satisfied now.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is started to get on my nerves. 100% everything up to the end of guitar solo A and that B solo. Instant blinking red, and star power only helps me to somewhere in solo C.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I've 5-starred everything else in the game, and yet can't make a dent in this song. Solo B has me totally stumped.

Any tips on how to attack it?
catfish7  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Blue Note of Freedom today!

60%, I've gradually moved from about 56 to 60% now, maybe I'll pass one of these days. Good thing is, I've played the beginning part enough now where I rarely miss at all.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victory.

As others suggested, the key was to reach Solo B fully in the green, and then survive as long as possible before kicking in Star Power. After a half-hour or so practicing Solo B, I was able to get a little past halfway through it before kicking in SP, which got me a huge chunk of the way through Solo C.

On my first successful pass, I was in the blinking red when I reached the Blue Note of Freedom, and limped to a 3-star score. Armed with the understanding of how to beat the song, I was able to improve to a 4-star effort. One star to go! Thanks all for the tips. Mr. Green
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, taking this to practice mode helps a ton.

When I worked on it, I practiced the first solo by doing it on the slowest option, and just streaming a hammer on all the way through. This way, you can sort of get a feel for what's where and when it comes. Slowly move up speeds and eventually go at full speed. Try to get somewhere around 65-70% of the notes hit consistently before you move on, and then do the same thing for the remaining two.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arggggh, it's the god damn OBY OBY OBR OBR BYG BYG YRG YRG part that nails me EVERY time, i can hit plenty of Solo B and actually see a mutiplier in some other sections, but it's just that bit....i'm usually just slipped into yellow at best after that, which gives me no chance

I'm gonna have to dedicate a day to this i guess.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: