ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thunderhorse
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Thunderhorse Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Suitata  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm havin trouble with verse two. I can hit around 110/119 notes but I cant get the sp. Anyone have tips?
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that when going back to the orange, it's the 4th note in the set. The following blue is the 1st in the next set.

I think that's the same place that you are talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips for the main riff for this? dun d-d-dun dun dun d-d-dun dun dun d-d-dun...that part. It seems like my hands always crap up during that part.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
catfish7  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the name implies, I think of it like a horse galloping and usually hit it a good bit of the time.
Samson007  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of it the same way.

That is one of the only parts in that song where I can actually keep a 4x combo going.

I like to think of it in numbers, like 1-2-345-1-2-345-1-2-345
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with this whole song! I can pass it, but I swear I miss every tenth note. Am I going to have to suck it up and go to practice mode? I found out that I always seem to rush the HOPOs when I go from red to orange... Any suggestions to help my speedy fingers?
TokiWartooth  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: thunderhorse Reply with quote

GlowingHalo wrote:
I'm having trouble with this whole song! I can pass it, but I swear I miss every tenth note. Am I going to have to suck it up and go to practice mode? I found out that I always seem to rush the HOPOs when I go from red to orange... Any suggestions to help my speedy fingers?

suck it up dude. head into practice mode and just go thru the song section by section to nail the timing on all the different verses. dont even bother going to the slowest speed level either, cause that wont work with you speedy fingers. just give it about a half hour of parcatice and your combos will hang on longer
wormknuckles  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonHybrid wrote:
Any tips for the main riff for this? dun d-d-dun dun dun d-d-dun dun dun d-d-dun...that part. It seems like my hands always crap up during that part.

First, did you mean cramp? I hope not. "My hands always crap up" is a funny phrase that I think I might start using.

Anyway, how comfortable are you at complete and utter alternate picking? i.e. Not worrying about the downbeat being on an downstroke. If you do strict alternate picking during that part, you will be cramp-free I promise you. I will even pay your doctor bills if something goes bad nasty.

My signature is annoying.
DANiMALxMD  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i always screw up in verse 2. I can strum twice as fast as that in real life, on a real guitar, but i can never get the SP. If i get that SP, im sure i can 5 it. But yeah, practice helps. Practiced it for a while and i was like 4k off from the 5 cut off. now, i cant even get close.
DANiMALxMD  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suitata wrote:
I'm havin trouble with verse two. I can hit around 110/119 notes but I cant get the sp. Anyone have tips?

I guess if you wanted to, you could just not strum a couple, so you will finish and get the SP. Im not good, just saying.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need some SP help , because FC + -4k to leader = not cool.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody tried this? I think it's better to get the first two SPs (give or take some whammying) and use absolutely immediately, hopefully running out right before the third SP phrase in the fast picking part. There's like 16 notes per measure on that part and only 8 or so if you use the first one immediately.
TokiWartooth  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: star power Reply with quote

the best use of star power is to whammy the hell out of the first sequence so you get half a bar of SP and use it right away. this sets up the rest of the star power so that you can use it as soon as it is activated and not miss the next one in the sequence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
Anybody tried this? I think it's better to get the first two SPs (give or take some whammying) and use absolutely immediately, hopefully running out right before the third SP phrase in the fast picking part. There's like 16 notes per measure on that part and only 8 or so if you use the first one immediately.

QFT - using this method last night (btw, you full whammy the first three notes of the first SP, and don't touch the last two), with one miss, and forgetting to use my SP at the end until after I missed a bunch of points, I'm on 221K - I reckon when I FC this with this path, it will be a good 226-227K
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: