ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to 5* misirlou on expert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panteraddict  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: How to 5* misirlou on expert Reply with quote

I originally wrote this for mario's guitar league, but what the hell!

I'm sure this will answer a few questions... Misirlou has been voted the hardest career song to 5*. (unless of course you are abnormally good at fast strummng).

First off, the best star power path for someone who cannot full combo the song is 2-2-6. The first two are immediate activations and the third is about 8 notes later. The reason you get six on the third activation instead of 4-2 is because most people will not get all 6 star powers and most people cannot hit the guitar breaks. This will optimize the easier parts of the song.

Intro- intro is one of the hardest parts of the song, DO NOT STRESS OVER IT! Whether you ge 5k or 15k in the intro really doesnt make much of a difference. I do suggest you try to come out with a 4x multiplier though.

Melody 1 and 2- These are probably the easiest parts of the song. It will help a lot if you learn to full combo these two parts. You should have about 65k coming out of melody 2 to be on track with the 5 star.

gtr break- Hardest part of the song. You must make sure you get the star power phrase at the begining to follow the 2-2-6 path. Hold down the green button and hit the other buttons as they come. Usually people tend to hold the other buttons for too short of a time. That may be your problem so keep that in mind. The strumming is slightly faster than the rest of the song. You should come out with about 75-80k to be on track with the 5*

Verse 1 and 2- this is the song now! There are two different strumming speeds you must use. The ooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbyyy yyyyyyy sections are a little bit faster than the rest of the of the verse. You should try to combo most of the part while you are in star power. There is also a slight pause inbetween the ooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyy yyy transition to gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr. That can get you an extra 20k points if you make sure to wait the 1/4th second. You should come out with about 110k.

chorus- same speed as the first guitar break, but much easier on your left hand. If you are very good at this part, you may want to activate star power here, but i suggest waiting for the end. You should come out with about 120-130k

gtr break 2- if you used star power on the chorus, make sure you hit this sp phrase. It is essential. Other than that, same thing as gtr break 1. It will help a little bit if you can come out with a multiplier. You should come out with around 140k

outro- nice little break you get! This part should definitly be full combo'd. If you did not use star power on the chorus, you will activate on the second last rb chord of the section, which is about 8 notes later. If you did use star power on the chorus, you must wait and use it on the first yb chord in the ending. Come out with about 165k

Ending- most important part of the song. There is a whole stack of GRY trichords that will get you about 40k if you hit it. The ending is not too easy at first, but it becomes very easy with practice. Make sure you can full combo up to the last trichord. The rest of the ending is not too important. The trichord speed is the same as the gtr breaks and chorus. If done correctly, you should come out with about 205k.

There you go! The 5 star cutoff for misirlou is somewhere between 201k and 202k. This song will take much more effort than any other, so dont get frustrated. GOOD LUCK!

Best expert FC's: Mother, Carry me home, you really got me, rock this town, laid to rest

My strategy to 5*'ing misirlou... http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28694
lilLeLuenv2  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dude, gonna try it again tonight

my highscore now 193k
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: lil leluen v2
fxspec06  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL My high score that I got today is 133k, and I thought THAT was good. >:O
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a site that is meant to just host GH guides and it is in my sig.

fakeguitar.com

Could I post this guide there. You will get complete credit.

Also, I don't think this is long enough for a sticky so you amy want to elaborate. Could you send me your permission to use the guide through PM since I may not be back on the computer the whole day. Nice guide and I hope it gets stickied.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilLeLuenv2 wrote:
thanks dude, gonna try it again tonight

my highscore now 193k

I've had tons of runs where I got somewhere between 190k and 200k. It took me a solid two weeks to get this after I had every other song 5*'d. Misirlou is still my worst song with about 280k.

Best expert FC's: Mother, Carry me home, you really got me, rock this town, laid to rest

My strategy to 5*'ing misirlou... http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28694
panteraddict  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
I have a site that is meant to just host GH guides and it is in my sig.

fakeguitar.com

Could I post this guide there. You will get complete credit.

Also, I don't think this is long enough for a sticky so you amy want to elaborate. Could you send me your permission to use the guide through PM since I may not be back on the computer the whole day. Nice guide and I hope it gets stickied.
I could try to elaborate it in a few days. It feels ironic trying to make a guide for my worst song in the game. You have permission to use it and I sent a PM.

FoxNtd  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a thorough supplement, the guide I have a link to in my sig is the one I made to be like an encyclopedia entry for 5* Misirlou. It contains pretty much anything anyone would ever need to know to get that fifth star on this song. Good luck to all with Misirlou.
Mujwid  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally 5* it thnx
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't get over 100k (highscore 94k) let alone 5 star it, heh, I need help on it bad.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
lsfyago  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx to ur guide i finally 5* it W00t, also got teh log!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I praticed this song a lot, got me 339K in the end. But that´s mostly cause I played it more or less two hours a day for month.

One of the breaks I did when I played this was practicing one of the verses just to get a feeling for the tempo of the song. Once I was able to nail that verse it got a lot easier to adjust my speed for the other parts of the song.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing helps me Misirlou.

For the reason, read my sig. XD

wuLFe wrote:
Ninja Gaiden kicks my ass and sends me running home to mummy screaming like a prepubescent girl named Sally Mae
Vladimir777  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fxspec06 wrote:
LOL My high score that I got today is 133k, and I thought THAT was good. >:O

Nice, this is my high score, too. And I don't think it's that bad--it's my best Facemelter (and later-tier song) by far.
-5-star Expert GH1 [46/47]
-Get the Log--GH '80s [29/30]

My Accomplishments Thread--Please Visit!
Apples398  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it helped. Still only have 160k though.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5581/douchebagkv2.jpg
ericbm  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast strumming is not hard. seriously, knights of cydonia and the intro to holiday in cambodia are a cake walk. In fact, I often strum too fast on those parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: