ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to 5* misirlou on expert
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericbm  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast strumming is not hard. seriously, knights of cydonia and the intro to holiday in cambodia are a cake walk. In fact, I often strum too fast on those parts.
Syzzle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericbm wrote:
fast strumming is not hard. seriously, knights of cydonia and the intro to holiday in cambodia are a cake walk. In fact, I often strum too fast on those parts.

The timing window on gh3 is alot bigger though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Syzzle
Soccor567  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syzzle wrote:
ericbm wrote:

Yea, I don't get it. I can get 93% on both Phazers in Don't Hold Back (Which is going like 17NPS or something, check the Alt Strumming guide), I can 5* KoC, but I just can't get this song. I'm UNDERSTRUMMING in these fast picking parts, and I don't know why. It's just really annoying. I don't think it has anything to do with the timing window, because if you can hit 17 NPS, you should be able to hit 13, even if the latter has a smaller window .
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soccor567 wrote:
Syzzle wrote:
ericbm wrote:

Yea, I don't get it. I can get 93% on both Phazers in Don't Hold Back (Which is going like 17NPS or something, check the Alt Strumming guide), I can 5* KoC, but I just can't get this song. I'm UNDERSTRUMMING in these fast picking parts, and I don't know why. It's just really annoying. I don't think it has anything to do with the timing window, because if you can hit 17 NPS, you should be able to hit 13, even if the latter has a smaller window .

I know, it's insane. I usually hold about a 50 note streak in all of the tremolos of Knights of Cydonia before I break combo, but here I'm lucky if I hit 3x. AKA: it DOES have to do with the timing window.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohrk21 wrote:
Soccor567 wrote:
Syzzle wrote:
ericbm wrote:

I know, it's insane. I usually hold about a 50 note streak in all of the tremolos of Knights of Cydonia before I break combo, but here I'm lucky if I hit 3x. AKA: it DOES have to do with the timing window.

Huh, I didn't think the window in GH3 was so big . Looks like I have to get used to this one all over again, fun fun .
Turok360  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me fucking 2 and a half hours to fucking 5 * this one and i only 5* it by 3K hahahahaha

i was like (o_O) OMG I Did It lmao now to never play this song again
v
littlebeav332  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: misirlou Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! i cant beleive it but i was able to 5 star this song and psychobilly freakout in less than 3 hours tonight! The only song i haven't 5 starred yet is six. does anyone have any advice on that song. I haven't practiced it too much yet and i dont even have 4 stars on it, let alone 5! Please help me!
Tbird98  

Location: Minnesota, its to boring but I don't live to far away from Chris :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, this song isn't hard, I usually just lose my combo at random spots and in the part that has 2 greens and then 2 random 2 green 2 random kinda thing. I usually have a x2 by the end of that
I could 5* it pretty easily, I'll try again tonight.
Psychobilly Freakout's gonna be hardest for me.
FC 20 songs [x] FC'd (#20) Can't Be Saved but horrible score (40k less then my highest)
5* TTL and TWIE [>] 4* on TWiE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090313187816
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: misirlou Reply with quote

Not a bad start, but for the time being, there are better guides out there for Misirlou. Check out zsjostrom35's Guide to Writing Guides to really sexify it.

littlebeav332 wrote:
The only song i haven't 5 starred yet is six. does anyone have any advice on that song.

Check the Guide List, it has a few Six 5* guides.
aBRsymphony  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

40 attempts a lot of anger a big fat blister on my thumb and all i get is 195k. Raining blood is a walk in the park 5 star compared to this!
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericbm wrote:

WELL THEN ITS FRICKIN HARD!!!

For a lot of people, it's difficult to generate the necessary wrist speed without having a mini-seizure. For others, it comes naturally. But even when you're capable of strumming that fast, it's still a major challenge to hone that ability and strum at a consistent and appropriate speed. On the GH2 engine, 14 notes-per-second won't do it - it's gotta be 13. That's why control and coordination are such essential qualities to succeeding on Misirlou, where the engine is considerably less forgiving than those GH3 songs.

The biggest advice I can give is to worry only about your downstrums, and be sure to listen to the slightly poppier sound, and use that as a gauge for your strumming speed. If you can count the single beats in your head, your next step is to make sure you can hear exactly 4 of those "pops" on every beat.
MrAlex  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Wow.... Reply with quote

Wow.... I got 200.5k on this song. I was so pissed (500 points away)
Syzzle  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does everyone realize this thread is old?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Syzzle
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ever try with 2 - 2 - 5 path and i GET MY LOG! I LOVE YOU!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has helped me immeasurably. After at least 500 tries (possibly as many as 1,000), I finally got it on 6/14/09 (about 12:10 AM EST). You have my gratitude. Thank you.

One concern: the path would be 2-2-5, as there are only 9 activations. I know this isn't the most updated thread, but if you get around to fixing that, it might be helpful.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: