ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Texas Flood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
then 7! woohoo!

THEN 12!
RustyShackleford  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah right, im still gunning for 6 on hard, its the last one i have to get, but it will be done. i have this thing where i only do really good on songs i enjoy playing, so it takes a while to do well on songs i dont like...cough Texas flood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been working on this song for 5 months and i cannot 5* it. i'm going to try the sp strat on here, maybe that will help. damned HOPO adding extra strums ruining everything.
Ral  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpotterX wrote:
i have been working on this song for 5 months and i cannot 5* it. i'm going to try the sp strat on here, maybe that will help. damned HOPO adding extra strums ruining everything.

How often do you accidently HO/PO? If they're happening majority of the time, then forget about strumming and use the HO/PO's.
SpotterX  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll accidentally HOPO 5~6 times every time i play, sometimes more but not often. funny, i'm the best at this game out of all my friends but i have hit a solid wall and just cannot seem to conquer this song.

i've tried practicing HO/PO, it just doesn't seem to have enough consistency. i probably just suck, but i'm still praying you can turn that shit off in GH2.

i'll try anything at this point, it's frustrating -- i have not made any improvement in score on Texas Flood in over a month. on 90% of the other songs, i've been making slow but steady improvements as time goes on, so i still have hope
Stavros  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of the notes gave me my top score, now its only 86 and i just beat it.... then got 89% the nex go and got worse again..... GODDDAMMMMIT!!!!?!!?!?!!?!!?
Brandvold  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I just 5starred this song at a random run with my friends over! have never really practiced it and it must be the worst 5star ever; I made a whooping streak of 88 notes and a percentage of 89%. held up to 153532 Mr. Green

I still got like 10 songs left to 5star for guitar god, making TF this easy kinda makes me feel sad for all you guys out there with nothing but this left, struggling for ever
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the worst 5 star belongs to me, on Guitar Hero. I scored like 50 points over the cutoff the first time.
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help. My best is 140,669ish and thats without the first SP. But I just can't get it up 11k more.

I can do the OSSOD sometimes, that helps a little, but my best was without that.

I had 100k at the chords, and I ended up 11k short, so obviously I need more points before it. I think I can get em in the intro, if I could just get the SP .

I had roughly 10k and the time where I would have used SP if I had the first and second ones and at the point where it came off I had 23k. So that means, I could have had 36k before the third star power.

Its just that God DAMN first star power.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your putting the first star power on a pedestal (40 year old virgin reference). It's really NOT that hard to get, just strum very fast and nail the notes. Let your eyes focus ONLY on the next note, don't look at it as a whole. And strum however you feel comfortable; I downstrum the line and get it 99% of the time.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100k by the slow chords isn't that bad. You can easily get 5 stars from there if you can get the very last hard parts (during star power)...

It's really just about getting good enough that you have a chance to get most of the hard parts, then just waiting for a good run.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
Your putting the first star power on a pedestal (40 year old virgin reference). It's really NOT that hard to get, just strum very fast and nail the notes. Let your eyes focus ONLY on the next note, don't look at it as a whole. And strum however you feel comfortable; I downstrum the line and get it 99% of the time.

Yeah I know I am, but its because its a quick fix for the problem I have. I could just as well practice the two solos before and after the OSSOD but if I need only hit 7 notes to get a 5*, I would rather that.

Yeah 100k isnt bad by the chords, yeah I can get a 5* from then on, yeah I could do all this and that and maybe I'll have to. But if I can get it because of 7 notes, thats a lot easier.

Thanks for the help guys, I know how much of a pest I can be on these forums
Galgo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I can five star this and i got 141K, but messed up two easy notes, one in star power. I know I am good enough to 5*, but I can't put all the pieces together again, like I did on my best run, well, I got all the hard peices. I have figuered out, that if I do the best I can after the RO and GB chords, I can have 90-95K and beat it. My question is how do I get the Y R G R Y B part almost every time. On my best run I got them both, but have yet to do it again, any tips for this part?

The key to dancing is keeping your feet still.

Matt wrote:
Vote all you want, this isn't a democracy.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galgo wrote:
I feel I can five star this and i got 141K, but messed up two easy notes, one in star power. I know I am good enough to 5*, but I can't put all the pieces together again, like I did on my best run, well, I got all the hard peices. I have figuered out, that if I do the best I can after the RO and GB chords, I can have 90-95K and beat it. My question is how do I get the Y R G R Y B part almost every time. On my best run I got them both, but have yet to do it again, any tips for this part?

I'm not sure what part you are screwing up on (during the YRG R Y B part), but the YRG is all the same pace and the RYB is the same pace. The YRG going down is faster than the RYB going up. All I can say is just try to get the exact timing of it down, and you should start to get it much more.
Galgo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I usually screw up the Y going back up, but thatks, I will try to improve my timing.

The key to dancing is keeping your feet still.

Matt wrote:
Vote all you want, this isn't a democracy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: