ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cheat on the Church
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have a question on SP strategy for this song though.

I have currently been getting the first two SP and then using them during the first solo and faster chord parts, but I miss a SP in between them. I then get the two at the B-BO chord and use them right away just in that same area of slow chords. Then I get about 85-90% SP using the next three SP for the GY-RB-YO part.

Would it be better to wait and get that third SP and play it just on the chords (and miss the first B-BO SP after that? If you do that, then you waste a little on the next four SPs if you wait to use them until the GY-RB-YO part.

Just curious as to how other people have been doing their SP.
zawisza926  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP Strategy:

After the first three, use it.

This will allow you to get the SP right at the end of the solo.

Then after you get 2 more, use it again.

Next, save all the SP you get until you get to the chord progressions (GY, RB, YO...).

Then you have to make sure that you get three the next time you use it. If you get four, you won't get anymore SP the rest of the song stopping you from getting a high score. Also, you should make sure you have a x4 combo before you execute SP in the 3rd solo. But just be cautious about the 4th SP.

Finally, you should have gotten 2 more SPs and use it when you reach the first GY chord after the single note progressions. This should give the most points possible.

BTW, you can whammy all of the SPs in this song.

Here's a chart to show you what I mean:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/zawisza926/CheatOnTheChurch.png
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... I am really retarded. Thank you zawisza. I always waited until the first solo to start the star power. I never even thought of starting it right away.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what my strategy is and I have never used a note chart either. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna try the SP on the really fast first lead-break type thing (GRGYGBGRGYGBG, RYRBROR etc.) I usually use it right after that for the verse part... I just hate that this song takes like 30 seconds to start.
Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Yeah, I have trouble with the solos as well. Anyone care to elaborate on how they tackled them? I almost have the strum speed for the first one, but I normally miss a few notes here and there. The second one blows my mind and the third one kicks my ass, but I'm still able to get 2/3 of the notes.

Any tips?

Spoonrt, try holding your 1st finger down on fast notes on the solos.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That could be the least helpful post I've seen in a while. Anyway...

This question is, again, about the third solo. I am actually getting worse at it, which is odd. I can't even get a 2x multiplier and I know it's just steady 16th notes, which infuriates me.

Was there any special way to group the notes mentally that got the solo to click for anyone? I keep hearing accents, like OGG OGG OG BGG BGG BG but if they're 16th notes, I am supposed to be hearing them as OGGO GGOG BGGB GGBG and so on, right? Does that even make sense?

This solo (and the first one) are throwing me off even though I have the fingering completely right. If there's another way of tackling this, fill me in. I appreciate the help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
^^ That could be the least helpful post I've seen in a while. Anyway...

This question is, again, about the third solo. I am actually getting worse at it, which is odd. I can't even get a 2x multiplier and I know it's just steady 16th notes, which infuriates me.

Was there any special way to group the notes mentally that got the solo to click for anyone? I keep hearing accents, like OGG OGG OG BGG BGG BG but if they're 16th notes, I am supposed to be hearing them as OGGO GGOG BGGB GGBG and so on, right? Does that even make sense?

This solo (and the first one) are throwing me off even though I have the fingering completely right. If there's another way of tackling this, fill me in. I appreciate the help.

Seems like you've gotten better at this (based on your +23k in signature), but you might want to try to be conscious of how long you're keeping your fingers on the R Y B and O notes. You need to be pretty quick in just tapping the note, hitting it, and releasing it before the next note. This is why I always screw up my combo anyway.

1226.png
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Seems like you've gotten better at this (based on your +23k in signature), but you might want to try to be conscious of how long you're keeping your fingers on the R Y B and O notes. You need to be pretty quick in just tapping the note, hitting it, and releasing it before the next note. This is why I always screw up my combo anyway.

Thanks Kov, I'll have to try that today when I get the chance. As you may have guessed, that +23K had nothing to do with the solo. I FC'd the intro solo for the first time ever, which was pretty odd, and I just didn't make the stupid mistakes I usually make in the chords. But oh, that third solo. It was probably my worst run through that and I still got a high score.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first and third solo I hold down green at all times and simple HO the extras. Something I've noticed is that you can HO/PO and strum at the same time. It doesn't register 2 seperate hits, so it's like a safety net. Though, this doesn't work really anywhere else expect CotC =/
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the quick chord changes from GY to RB to YO and back to GR. I tried sliding my fingers and jumping my fingers, but I mess up everytime. I can't even get a five star on this anymore. Someone help!
DragonAsmodeus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zawisza926, I have a question about your SP path. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if you started the second SP half a measure later, on the blue and yellow chord? It should give you another note, plus points for the chord hold.
GlowingHalo  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the GY, RB, YO chord thing, I actually look at my hand press the fret buttons down so I don't miss the chords. How many of you have found out that this helps?
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's even better to push the second activation back to measure 58, running over a phrase but getting the second solo under SP. It will end right before the phrase in 66.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: