ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Even Rats
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Echelar wrote:
thekovinc wrote:
b3nz0r wrote:
Yours is better, though, kov. Ech's chart got my 7th and yours got me 1st.

EDIT: I was angry, but now I'm better... [/EDIT]

No, that's fine. I came to grips with losing my scores when I gave the charts out. It does hurt to lose by 8 points though.

And yes, my first activation will give you 2 more notes than Echelar's.

Heh, that chart was from May. I'm pretty sure I modified the first use to be correct the next time I looked at the song.

Ok, then maybe it doesn't give me anymore points. :P

I was just looking at that chart and explaining to benzor why he got more points with mine. I meant nothing against you Ech.

I was just saying that you shouldn't count on more points than whatever score I have if whatever I've posted is more than a month old

I remember back then, I got a 342 or so with a sloppy path and no squeezes ... which was like 6k over the next best score. How far we've come!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my strategy:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/Rangdude/even-rats-4.png

I swear I've gotten the yellow note at the end of the 3rd activation before, but now I can't seem to get it...maybe someone else can. I also botched some holds for another missed 100 pts.

The sp hold before the last activation (I put a green box around it) is only 7.5 bars and must be whammied completely, which is a pain because it's so far into the song. If you can't do that (or don't want to!), just get the last sp (the one I don't use in this strategy) and activate asap. That's not as good, but I've gotten 347880 doing that, so it's still decent.
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

random:

if you can't get the 7.5 whammy thing, do you think it'd be beneficial to skip the activation right before, use the 7.5 beat whammy SP to fill the bar completely, and then use the last activation where you marked it? Or would it be more points to just split it into 2 and use the last one after the last SP?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
random:

if you can't get the 7.5 whammy thing, do you think it'd be beneficial to skip the activation right before, use the 7.5 beat whammy SP to fill the bar completely, and then use the last activation where you marked it? Or would it be more points to just split it into 2 and use the last one after the last SP?

I'm pretty sure it's still a little better to split it into 2. I was combining them like in thekovinc's strategy, but my high that way was 347248, while I got 347880 by splitting it (although I may have done a little better in other places). The notes under SP aren't as dense, but you get an extra 2 measures.
random  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

random wrote:
I swear I've gotten the yellow note at the end of the 3rd activation before, but now I can't seem to get it...I also botched some holds for another missed 100 pts.

That yellow note is definitely hittable, I just got it. I didn't screw up my holds this time either.
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random wrote:
random wrote:
I swear I've gotten the yellow note at the end of the 3rd activation before, but now I can't seem to get it...I also botched some holds for another missed 100 pts.

That yellow note is definitely hittable, I just got it. I didn't screw up my holds this time either.

With perfect star power, I've got the red one under that star power.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kegermann (and maybe Random?), any tips for whammying those consecutive SP chords? I assume you need to go from 13 to 24, and make sure you get all of the first whammy before hitting the second. Anything non-obvious though?

GH2 Season 3 AAA2 League Champ
GH2 Season 4 AAA1 Regular Season 3rd place
Summer GH2 Goals:
5* Misirlou and Six
30 FCs
Top 100 Overall
Not let customs interfere with other goals
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw4883 wrote:
Hey Kegermann (and maybe Random?), any tips for whammying those consecutive SP chords? I assume you need to go from 13 to 24, and make sure you get all of the first whammy before hitting the second. Anything non-obvious though?

Usually I pick up the pace of my whammying before hitting the second chord so I am sure to get as much as I can of the beginning of the second chord.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kegermann wrote:
jdw4883 wrote:

Usually I pick up the pace of my whammying before hitting the second chord so I am sure to get as much as I can of the beginning of the second chord.

The pace of your whammying? You know it doesn't matter how fast you whammy right?

GH2 Season 3 AAA2 League Champ
GH2 Season 4 AAA1 Regular Season 3rd place
Summer GH2 Goals:
5* Misirlou and Six
30 FCs
Top 100 Overall
Not let customs interfere with other goals
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw4883 wrote:
Kegermann wrote:
jdw4883 wrote:

The pace of your whammying? You know it doesn't matter how fast you whammy right?

No, I mean so that the game senses my whammying of the second note earlier.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the first 8 SP as 2-2-2-2 is four notes better than 2-3-3 if you hit all the squeezes.

[edit] Never mind, no it's not. It would be if the new chart were accurate, but chord holds are missing all over the place in the choruses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: