ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 Demo from OXM 77 is up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bc2099  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked everywhere in my city and havent found any of the December issues. I am going to keep looking, if I find some I will buy 2 or 3 copies, and if anyone else wants one, I live in the 91360 zip code of Southern California. If someone else near me finds an extra let me know!
WildBob  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blockbuster by me had a horrible selection of magazines. They had EGM and bunch of game guides. Ugh, still no demo for me.
MagnaFlowPower  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Movie Gallery here in town had a playable demo, so you guys might want to check there, just in case. I didn't see any magazines, though.
Spot2004  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After calling Barnes & noble, I have figured out that the magazine will be 'available' tomorrow on newstands, but I'm not sure if it applies everywhere and I'm not sure if they will be sold tomorrow. But it will be here this week!

And I think the demo comes to the marketplace on the 22nd... I'm not sure, though.
[x] 420/420* - Endless Setlist 2
[ ] G* Rude Mood
Customs/Previews (8/1)
Newest: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
Preview: Hearts Burst Into Fire - Bullet for My Valentine
Goober0135  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

I'm going out and buying that mag as soon I get out of school.

So am I.

I checked some stores I knew sold magazines yesterday, but they only had #76.

So I'll have one of my friends drive me around to see if we can find it.

After school I checked a couple places but they didnt have it, I guess I'll check tomorrow.
Jab7604  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Halo OXM mag today and took out the demo box. it said nothing about guitar hero being on the demo disk
playitloud413  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Score Hero members,

I'm not sure what's been discussed in the past few pages of posts, as I haven't been able to check it since earlier this morning, but I did want to let you all know about my day:

I'm assuming that the common agreement among everyone is that the issue of OXM with the GH3 demo is still only available to subscribers and that it hasn't hit newsstands yet. I don't remember who posted it (and if I did, I would go back and quote them), but they said that they or someone they knew picked it up at their local Blockbuster.

I, too, picked my copy up of the December (the one with Call of Duty 4 on the cover) issue of OXM that contained the GH3 demo at Blockbuster today.

BLOCKBUSTER HAS THE GUITAR HERO 3 DEMO. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, WHY ARE YOU ON THIS FORUM. GO FIND THAT F*CKING MAGAZINE.

I don't own a 360 (yet), but I know people that work at the GameStop right by the store that I work at and they said they would let me use their 360 to try out the demo, if I got a hold of it. After I picked up the magazine, I got in my car and started heading for the store. The car in front of me was probably doing the speed limit, but I swear to God, it felt like he was going 5 miles an hour.

I ran. Literally, ran, from my car to the Game Stop, swung open the door and said, "For the love of Christ, open up the 360." The guy behind the counter got the keys, unlocked the kiosk, popped open the tray and let me put the OXM disc inside. I strapped on the guitar and awaited the impending greatness.

All I can say is... wow. Just, wow. I was absolutely blown away. It's everything I imagined and more. I could get into detail about all the things that I loved about it, but I'm at my buddy's house right now seriously rocking out to some GH2, so I've gotta get back to that. You just need to get this disc by any means necessary and experience it for yourself. Honestly.

In short, Blockbuster has the magazine with the demo and it's the December issue of OXM (#77) with Call of Duty 4 on the cover. Also, Tony Hawk Proving Ground ships tomorrow (which also has the same demo), but if you're not a Tony Hawk fan and don't want to pony up $60 for the game, just get the magazine.

And I know I'm probably not getting it 100% correct, but one of the best things about the demo was this loading screen:
"Let's play our latest single first, that way we can get that piece of sh*t out of the way."

Guitar Hero hasn't changed at all; it's just getting even better (if that was even thought possible).

Keep rocking out, everyone. We've got less than two weeks to go.

Hitting you with my best shot,
playitloud413 \m/(O.o)\m/
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jab7604 wrote:
I saw the Halo OXM mag today and took out the demo box. it said nothing about guitar hero being on the demo disk

wrong magazine.

when is the demo supposed to come to the xbox marketplace?
TMac5b  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my local GameCrazy, and HOLYSHITOMGWTFOLOLLOLOLO they had a demo set up with the LP controller.

Here is my thoughts on the game:

I, honestly, have been waiting to play this for weeks. When I got to play it was like I was in Xbox heaven, tbh.

Graphics
So graphics are better than II, the fret board and notes look different which makes it a little weird, but doesn't affect the ability to play. What's good is that HOPO notes are EXTREMELY noticable. The center of each one is whiter than Vanilla Ice.

Song Selection
The songs on the demo were not the best. There were plently of others Red Octane could have chosen that would have made an amazing demo. The only two that were actaully fun were Even Flow by Peal Jam and The Metal by Tenacious D. I'm not even going to list the other songs because they sucked too much. But yeah, both are very fun charts. The Metal is by far the best, though. It also helps that I've been wanting to play that song for months, haha.

Difficulty
It's hard to judge based off the demo, but I'd say that Red Octane has definitely upped the difficulty. The Metal took me two tries to 5 star, and Even Flow was kind of a confusing chart, although I did 5 star it on my sight read. Some SP combos were really tough to hit on a sight read though. When I played Rock You Like a Hurricane, I was totally caught off guard by some crazy scales that held SP. Totally didn't nail them. Also, the fret board moves noticably faster in this game. Even without hyperspeed.

Controller
All I can say is, omgsecks. It looks so cool, lol. It feels pretty solid like I have read and the buttons are really responsive. The strum bar seemed A LOT more solid than the Xplorer. Overall I'd take that LP over my noob-like Xplorer any day.

So yeah, overall it was a pretty kick ass demo. Kudos, RO. The ONLY complaint I had was activating SP. Activating SP is nothing like doing it in II. Remember in II, when using SP the screen would shake and the crowd would go nuts? Yeah, doesn't happen in III. When activating SP the notes just seem to fade to blue and have very little on screen effect. I REALLY hope they fix this in the final version of the game.

So yeah, go play GH III, it's the pwnage.

That's my little review of the game, haha. I hoped you like it.

And I'll definitely check my BlockBuster tomorrow for that magazine.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: T Mac 5b PSN Name: TMac5b
demonsbane1984  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys. Im gonna have to call B.S. on this one. I just checked my local BlockBuster and they dont have it. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN ITS COMING OUT ON THE MARKETPLACE???????
Spot2004  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in an earlier post on this page, I believe it's around October 22.

And call your local shops that may sell magazines. In my area, there is no Blockbuster that is currently selling any issues of OXM.
[x] 420/420* - Endless Setlist 2
[ ] G* Rude Mood
Customs/Previews (8/1)
Newest: Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
Preview: Hearts Burst Into Fire - Bullet for My Valentine
teawreckz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMac5b wrote:

Controller
All I can say is, omgsecks. It looks so cool, lol. It feels pretty solid like I have read and the buttons are really responsive. The strum bar seemed A LOT more solid than the Xplorer. Overall I'd take that LP over my noob-like Xplorer any day.

And I'll definitely check my BlockBuster tomorrow for that magazine.

I had my preorder for the game only, but when i went to gamecrazy and tried the demo with the les paul controller, i changed my preorder to include the guitar. Everything about the guitar- looks, fret buttons, strumming, the whammy bar, and the start and back buttons are easy to get to for pausing and activating star power is improved from the explorer.
I went to blockbuster (yes they have it, but i had to try 3 different stores to find OXM) and got the demo and i can say that playing with the Les Paul controller makes gameplay 1000 times better. If you preordered GH3 without the controller, then you seriously need to change it.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroOmnislash wrote:
is the lag callabrate any good? or can you even do it in the demo?

The Options are tuned off on the main screen but you can pause the song when it starts and then select Calibrate Lag and Calibrate Whammy (the tilt only as far as I could tell). Also, the calibrate lets you pick a specific number in ms so you can set it yourself.

We've just now had the opportunity to do one Hard Battle Mode song because we've been pretty busy. After the Even Flow battle (where neither one of us won outright) we were supposed to go to a Death Drain (I think) sudden death thingy, but the 360 froze. :-(

We had to leave right after so I'm not sure if it's a bug in the Demo or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Phenomenon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn them for only making the demo for 360.
bune  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jab7604 wrote:
OXM 77, not OXM 76
demonsbane1984 wrote:
Sorry guys. Im gonna have to call B.S. on this one. I just checked my local BlockBuster and they dont have it. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN ITS COMING OUT ON THE MARKETPLACE???????
you're absolutely right. All of these people posting YouTube videos are B.S.ing everyone.
Phenomenon wrote:
Damn them for only making the demo for 360.
yeah, it would have been nice for them to throw a bone to the PS2 people who already have guitars and have carried the series to where it is today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: