ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithtieK  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, the main chords do have a major affect on your rating. I could've gotten a 5 star if I didn't miss that damn SP at the end -.- the RYBYRG one before you finish
fyeah  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on how to finger the part with the chords and green notes in between... or general tips on that part... or anything at all? I'm pretty sure I'll never 6* this one without that part. :-/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just do 24 24 1 24 34 34 1 34 34 34 1 34 13 and rarely miss. It takes a lot of practice and some quick fingers.
vct  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally 5* this song! I was really dishearted because this song has so many hard parts I will not be able to FC for some months to go and thought one cannot get 5* without these parts.

So I came up with some comments and tips for those that still need to 5* this song. These tips are not intended to help getting a top 10 score but to get most points out of the "playable" (well at least for only a bit above average players like me) parts of the song to get 5*.

A - You might want to activate SP here, because you'll probably miss the fast scale at B anyways.
B - You should FC everything up to here. If you can't do that, come back later... You should also be able to survive the solo without SP - but you don't need to get many points out of it.
C - You probably missed the scale right before C (I do every time) - never mind, you don't necessarily need this SP for 5*. You should however FC everything in the following slow part up to the part with the fast chords and green notes.
D - If you active SP here, you can make good use of the SP phrase at E.
E - Did I mention that you should FC everything between D and F?
F - Activate SP here and FC the slow part.
G - Activate SP here if you think that you can FC this, but cannot FC the fast chords /green notes part.
H - You probably missed this scale, too, losing the last SP. Good news: You don't necessarily need it :-)

Good luck!

PS: There is a SP phrase at the fast chords/green notes part between C and D - I think you have to miss that to get the SP phrase at E. I don't know for sure, because I've never hit it yet ;-) You might also need to not completly whammy the long GY chord before.

Edit:
PPS: The Image is based on the SP path as posted by Echelar above.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* I still can't get this one, I'll try that path ^, I love this song so I dont mind playing it non stop. I must get GG!

btw, the new chart looks REALLY strange.
vct  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
btw, the new chart looks REALLY strange.

Do you mean the image I posted?
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I mean the new chart in the first post. The GH2 charts style white background one.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all the new charts look like that haha, some of the measures are spread really far out and others are crammed down tight =\...we should just be happy we got them.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this path a lot, but it requires a very tight second activation. It's much easier to hit if you actually HO/PO the RYBO, but that's not an easy task for a lot of people (myself included). If you can fire it off right before (or just at) the RB chords, hit the GY SP hold as late as you can and you can get the SP to show up. Here's my path with that activation (it is possible) included:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would want to go up over the solo (so you would only whammy a little bit of the chords and go up right away) and you could still get two activations after the solo. Otherwise it's perfect, although I've never gotten the 2nd activation and the GY SP
DragonAsmodeus  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just recently got the GY SP after the second SP activation, and came here to ask if that would change the SP path for the rest of the song, but apparently my question is already answered. Good job, if I ever get that again, I'll use the new path, but its so hard to do.

I was also able to hit the triplets in the beginning one time as well, but that seems just as unlikely I'll ever do that again either.
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Emptyset's path is good, but this one should be a few thousand better.

Even if that last activation was possible under GH1's SP system to activate right away, you would want to delay it anyway to pick up an extra note. In fact, just noticing now, you could activate it even one note later for some hold points if you wanted.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Fluffyudders  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Woo. Reply with quote

Just managed to up my score by 60k and get a 5-star on this. Something that I found really helped me was carrying the 2 SPs before the solo through, adding them to the following 2 SPs and then activating straight away. Might help someone else out there 5-star this one... Now I've just got 3 songs left: CfH, BatM and TBW (can't even 4-star CfH, it's the bane of my existence)
harvickfan2919  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vct wrote:
I finally 5* this song! I was really dishearted because this song has so many hard parts I will not be able to FC for some months to go and thought one cannot get 5* without these parts.

So I came up with some comments and tips for those that still need to 5* this song. These tips are not intended to help getting a top 10 score but to get most points out of the "playable" (well at least for only a bit above average players like me) parts of the song to get 5*.

A - You might want to activate SP here, because you'll probably miss the fast scale at B anyways.
B - You should FC everything up to here. If you can't do that, come back later... You should also be able to survive the solo without SP - but you don't need to get many points out of it.
C - You probably missed the scale right before C (I do every time) - never mind, you don't necessarily need this SP for 5*. You should however FC everything in the following slow part up to the part with the fast chords and green notes.
D - If you active SP here, you can make good use of the SP phrase at E.
E - Did I mention that you should FC everything between D and F?
F - Activate SP here and FC the slow part.
G - Activate SP here if you think that you can FC this, but cannot FC the fast chords /green notes part.
H - You probably missed this scale, too, losing the last SP. Good news: You don't necessarily need it :-)

Good luck!

PS: There is a SP phrase at the fast chords/green notes part between C and D - I think you have to miss that to get the SP phrase at E. I don't know for sure, because I've never hit it yet ;-) You might also need to not completly whammy the long GY chord before.

Edit:
PPS: The Image is based on the SP path as posted by Echelar above.

Thank you very much. That was a very helpful post, and is the reason I got 5 stars on this. I only hit 84% of the notes, and 5 starred it (which has to be a record low for percent of notes hit and still 5 starring a song), which is proof that your SP path worked. But it sure was hard getting through the solo without SP, even though it's so short. It took me awhile, but after lots of double-strumming and button-mashing, I finally made it through blinking red at the end (I guess the game was feeling a little generous).
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any tips on the second activation?

I have no idea how to get it. It seems like there is a delay in GH1 after getting SP and it won't let you activate right away.

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: