Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "I beat Through the Fire and Flames" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttfafexprt  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first few times i tried it, i failed miserably.
Then i had an idea, where my brother would strum and id tyap the buttons in the intro.
We'd get past it, but the solo kills me every time around 70-73%

I finally beat it on Smash Hits -- 290,000 pts 85% 4Star

Later, I tried many ways to beat the intro by myself, and got through it using a shoe. I hund the shoelace over the Green fret while i hit the other buttons.

And once, ONLY ONCE, i got past it with one hand on the frets. No help, just nervously tapping rapidly.

No one has beaten my GH:SH score in my family yet.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was from YEARS ago (2007 to be exact, lol) I finally went through my old Photobucket albums and ran across this, and my GH1 and GH2 scores from way back in the day. *Nostalgia

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
DudeOnFire  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how, but I fail on Easy, and win on Expert. I only beat it on GH3 once. I beat it on Smash Hits without trying, only 3 star ;-(. Strangely, I never got at least 300,000 (cannot tap intro 100%). I knew the first time I pass TTFAF was coming soon, so to prevent myself from exploding, I duct-taped my own mouth shut (do not try at home...painful to remove). I can't remember anything else, so good luck at guessing what happened :-)
MAJOR EDIT: I can now pass it anytime I want in GH3. Now, I just, since my hand is not that fast to tap, use one hand on the buttons and strum up and down really fast (not too fast) and the rest falls right into place. And, since Smash Hits time to hit notes is tighter than GH3, now, I fail every time in GHSH.
EDIT: Now, I can get 400,000!!!
iamdevin4life's password is: cosgrove. Check out how much trouble I got him into!

Last edited by DudeOnFire on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Syfatalityz  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, this thread..

I made a terrible a double thread post back in my first post(s), detailing my achievement in passing this song, but I intended to reply to the thread, I didn't see I pressed the "New Topic" button and so I instead somehow made a double post thread, after which I left SH for awhile in embarrassment (lol).

But finally, Im am gonna make an actual post to this topic.

I forgot the details of how I passed it back then, but it was in mid-2009, I believe I had a score of 200k+. I had the most trouble passing the solo and the intro. I could barely tap the intro, so I just decided to use the rubber band trick to get past the intro, and saved up starpower for the solo.

Now I can get 450k+, pretty big improvement from back then, but not as large as many other people, its really hard to keep a combo on this song.
FlorisJan  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I finally accomplished something I never thought I'd do.

I beat it on expert drums! No cheats, no pauses.

Now to beat it again on career mode. >_>
iamdevin4life  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat it on Expert in both games. I will show you the cutoff when I get my website back. Now, this song seems easy after hundreds of tries.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 5711640159822664
Kiwi5slayer  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is somewhat off topic but wouldn't sayying "using something to hold down any frets during a song is cheating" be the same as sayying "using a capo on real guitar is cheating"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: XKiwi5slayerX
MrMarill  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi5slayer wrote:
This is somewhat off topic but wouldn't sayying "using something to hold down any frets during a song is cheating" be the same as sayying "using a capo on real guitar is cheating"?

I've considered this too, but he doesn't use a capo IRL (I don't think) and we're trying to go for realism, right?

I use my big toe to anchor green and then alt strum the rest of the notes. I can usually get to x4 for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8zkt3e-dX4
^Passed it for the first time, I'm a drummer usually. I sound like a dick for some reason, meh.

Was very happy. I also have this brilliant, brilliant picture of my first ever time passing the intro:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7894/sdc19348.jpg
^You will lol at my displeasure.
It's like saying there's a 50% chance it'll rain Snapple tomorrow because either it will or it won't BUT WAIT A SECOND HOLY FUCK GUYS IT'S RAINING PEPSI, WE DIDN'T EVEN ACCOUNT FOR THAT
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi5slayer wrote:

You can't cheat on real guitar, where the only goal is to produce some form of music; with GH, your goal is to get some sort of verifiable indicator of how "well" you played by getting a high score and hitting as many notes as possible, so using anything except your body is cheating. GH is a video game, not a guitar emulator, so your analogy falls apart. There's no "score" or "% notes hit" on real guitar.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
METALfootball  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After so long...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:

Finally! I was not expecting to beat it. I was just testing out a new way to tap the intro, which really worked cause I only choked the intro twice after using this new method. It is a decent score, pretty good for the first time I ever passed. I failed at 87% and 91% before XD

Anyways, now that I've beaten every song and 5 starred 62-63 (not entirely sure) I'm gonna try to 4 star this baby...

Jesus Christ, I can't believe how long ago this was. Currently at 606K :P

HeavyD293  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing this today on Expert in GH3 was what just prompted me to join now!

I used Hyperspeed 3. I did the intro overhand, with my pinky on green and my other three fingers (excluding thumb) hitting the buttons like so:

After getting 75% in practice at full speed, I decided to go back and try it for real. After about 10 tries, I made it through the intro and went on to pass the song, surprising myself by having a 4x multiplier in some sections I didn't expect to. Near the end I wondered a bit when the rock meter dropped to red while I had 1.5 bulbs of star power... but then I hit a difficult SP phrase, got the rock meter back to green, then hit the SP during the final failable part. I think I finished with the rock meter on green.

357,630 points, 119 note streak, 87% notes hit, 3 stars, 1.768x average multiplier. 12/25 star power phrases. 78% for "They're Hammer Ons." Grinding Scales I was the only section I got 100% on. Worst section was Sam's Solo with 75%.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlAviKzpqzA&feature=g-all

Took me WAY too long.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally five-starred it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally five-starred it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 109 of 110

Jump to: