ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official 'Opinions on note tracks' thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinycow17  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my least favorite charted song is "stop" on guitar hero smash hits. Idk why, you have to play the song to see.

Btw I usually like when songs are overcharted, makes it more fun =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
MercyfulFate wrote:
I'm curious about something.

Everyone says 3's and 7's on GH3 is overcharted, right? Rock Band has 2 note chords, GH has 3.

It's actually played as 3 note chords, isn't it? I don't understand where it's coming in, if someone could enlighten me.

Add to that "Overcharting" is the new cry wolf. Rock Band fans attack GH for charting a piano, or sax, and call that overcharting while also calling the 5 note "thunder/rain" in Raining Blood overcharting.

I'm sick of hearing it because I think it's silly, but curious about 3's and 7's.

the chords are made of 3 different pitches, but are played by pressing only 2 different frets

Yes but it's three different strings hit at the same time, the third being an open note. Guitar doesn't have open notes ala bass, so....it makes sense to me.

My point is the overcharting thing seems pointless. Like was said, you're condensing 6 strings into 5 buttons, also the myriad combination of frets, so saying it's "wrong"....kind of silly, no?
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Hotel California (GHWT)

Difficulty and instrument: Expert guitar

Opinions: INSANELY fun song to play, even though it's easy compared to the harder songs in the game. The long HO/PO sequences during the verses are a lot of fun, and so are the choruses with triple chords mixed with short guitar fills. Not to mention the beautiful guitar solo, which is, imo, the highlight of the song. No doubt one of my favorite songs to play in GHWT.

Rating: 10/10
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:
My point is the overcharting thing seems pointless. Like was said, you're condensing 6 strings into 5 buttons, also the myriad combination of frets, so saying it's "wrong"....kind of silly, no?

I don't know who is claiming that, or if they are "rock band fans" (or if that had anything to do with them criticizing 3s and 7s charting). The biggest problem here is that it isn't a simplistic question of whether one has "over" or "under" charted something. That has nothing to do with this.

As stated before, RB uses the standard of charting power chords with 2 buttons, since there are 2 different notes in the chord. This serves to distinguish power chords from more complex ones.

The decision to use 3 buttons instead of 2 isn't a matter of whether something is "over"charted, but rather how well the gameplay experience is musically appropriate to the song. Which is much more of a complex phenomenon than deciding if there are too many or not enough notes.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people also gripe about charting things other than guitar for guitar parts, these people tend to be Rock Band fanboys as well. Funny, because The Beatles: RB does it as well. You play string sections and other percussion instruments among other things during songs.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Ted Nugent Guitar Duel (Career) (GHWT)

Difficulty: Expert

Opinions: This is honestly my favorite song in the game. Ted Nugent is a god, and there's a ton of fun solos, some of them not that crazy but that still make you feel good when you hit them, and some that are really tricky to hit. Also, since you duel with Ted in the career battle, you play the rhythm when he plays his lead parts, which feels plain awesome. Haven't tried out the single player version yet because I can't access to the Internet on my Wii. 10/10
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

song: i'm the one

difficulty: expert guitar

opinion: what is this i don't even
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: I'm The One
Difficulty: XGtr
Opinion:
This is the most fun song I've ever played in guitar hero. Even if it is pretty much impossible to FC. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Frankenstein
game: GH1
Difficulty:Expert

I'm not quite sure about the cover, but in the master, the chart for the final solo, should be 16th triplets for the first part and should be charted like this

then when the pattern changes, it should either double in speed and become zigzags on 4 notes, or stay the same and be descending trips. I'm leaning to the zigzags. so:

x 4 x 4, but at double the speed of the previous pattern, so around 18 nps.

and then to the ascending part. This is either 8th trips, 24th taps or a weird 9 note per beat notes (Like WoT)

I think it's 24ths.

and so on

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: All Nightmare Long
Expert
GH3/WT/M/5

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE VERSES?? The time signature doesn't change at all yet the strumming speed contiues to differ throughout. It can get as fast as DragonForce and as slow as 6 or so NPS. Although on the record, it doesn't change at all.
It makes holding a combo a chore and is one of the resons there are so few FCs of it. Even worse, the developers KEPT this madness in when it was released for GHWT and GHM/5.

On another note, Master Of Puppets (GHM, Xtar) is an absolutely awesome chart for an awesome song. All of it is pretty accurate, not to mention fun. <3.

[/end rant]
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are aware the ANL choruses have a range in BPM changes of 7 BPM or so and it changes pretty frequently, right? It definitely doesn't drop down to 6 NPS, either. It ranges from about 11.2 to 11.6667 NPS. I'm looking at the GH3 Expert DLC chart on tma's slowhero site, if you're wondering. Unless it's somehow drastically different than the WT/M/5 charts I have no idea where you are coming from.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
You are aware the ANL choruses have a range in BPM changes of 7 BPM or so and it changes pretty frequently, right? It definitely doesn't drop down to 6 NPS, either. It ranges from about 11.2 to 11.6667 NPS. I'm looking at the GH3 Expert DLC chart on tma's slowhero site, if you're wondering. Unless it's somehow drastically different than the WT/M/5 charts I have no idea where you are coming from.

I meant the verses, not the choruses.

The NPS thing was a flawed statement, I typed the post in haste. It just LOOKS to me like 6 NPS. It was a very rough estimate done without looking at the chart or hearing the music.

In fairness, I haven't played it on GH5 yet, but take a look carefully at SlowHero's path for ANL GH3X and you'll see that the strumming in the first part of the verses is spaced out differently than what it should be. I hear straight strumming but the NPS changes here and there, as you pointed out. My estimate was a bit extreme but it illustrates the point.

I'm pretty sure the chart doesn't change from 3 to WT to M and probably 5.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
I meant the verses, not the choruses.

Well, to be fair, I didn't look at Verses B or C, I just looked at the strumming A. That was my fault. But still, to answer your question; the tempo fluctuates WILDLY in the entire verse; more in part B than the strumming, even. That's what accounts for the speed difference. There is a timesig change that I see (at least in verse 1) from 4/4 to 2/4 and back to 4/4 but there are no notes in it.

RichardGHP wrote:
I'm pretty sure the chart doesn't change from 3 to WT to M and probably 5.

I know I played some of the Metallica songs in the new games, and a few things are different. Not fundamentally, but there are slides and extended sustains in the new charts. That's why I said I don't know, because they may well have changed more. I just don't know all the minor differences in a chart well over 1000 notes long.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Robbert  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Song: All Nightmare Long
Expert
GH3/WT/M/5

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE VERSES?? The time signature doesn't change at all yet the strumming speed contiues to differ throughout. It can get as fast as DragonForce and as slow as 6 or so NPS. Although on the record, it doesn't change at all.
It makes holding a combo a chore and is one of the resons there are so few FCs of it. Even worse, the developers KEPT this madness in when it was released for GHWT and GHM/5.

Agreed! Assuming you mean the A parts of the verses. It's the only reason I break combo so often in the verses. It's still there in GH:M.

Quote:
Well, to be fair, I didn't look at Verses B or C, I just looked at the strumming A. That was my fault. But still, to answer your question; the tempo fluctuates WILDLY in the entire verse; more in part B than the strumming, even. That's what accounts for the speed difference. There is a timesig change that I see (at least in verse 1) from 4/4 to 2/4 and back to 4/4 but there are no notes in it.

The A part is what matters here.
While the B parts fluctuate rather wildly (155/156 being the slowest in 1B/2B up to 176/174 in 1B/2B, not counting the parts in 2/4 with higher BPM), the strumming is slow and steady. I always FC the B parts because it's slow and I'm a horrible strummer.

The crux lies in the BPM changes in the A parts which results in strumming speeds lying between 11.2 and 11.87 NPS and which fluctuate per measure. I always lose combo on the drastic NPS changes such as from 168 to 178 in the streak of Orange notes simply because I can't adapt properly. I suddenly have to strum 0.6 NPS faster in order to not lose combo, which is annoying because I don't hear a tempo change at all.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: War Ensemble by Slayer

Instrument: Guitar

Difficulty: Expert

While some of you might enjoy this song, I sure don't. The obscene strumming in the intro, guitar break and ending, mixed with the awkward chord charting in the choruses and breakdown are not my cup of tea. Best for those who like a good speed rush, and while i'm usually that kind, this one is just overdone. I just don't like it. The only part of it I really had fun with is the slider note solo late in. I love the song itself, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: