ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How I do Mosh 1/Raining Blood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: How I do Mosh 1/Raining Blood Reply with quote

OK so like I said Id post a video and here it is. edit: please post your thoughts and comments so this is bumped, it may help someone.

All I can say is, dont slow down, there is never a space between the notes except when there are chords and at the beginning. This was a pretty decent run in my opinion, kept a 4x multiplier well into it(started at around 16 seconds I think), I always screw up at the beginning though. But yeah like I said, dont slow down your rate of fretting, and obviously, I downstrum with every new scale. Remember, you dont have to do it this way, but I recommend it.

oh btw- video- ended up with a score of about 19150. 75% hit, 151 hit, 88 streak....Ill try to get a better one up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1I4LhSqeUQ

Last edited by catfish on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Metalshadow626  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there isn't a space between every 2 scales going down? That could probably make me improve. Will try when I get home from school. If it does work.....I'll love the shit out of you.
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, the ONE time I made it past the descending notes was when I wasn't even looking at the screen . But since I was so far in the red I just failed on the first rapid green thingy at the end of it

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalshadow626 wrote:
So there isn't a space between every 2 scales going down? That could probably make me improve. Will try when I get home from school. If it does work.....I'll love the shit out of you.
well what I meant was that there is the same amount of space between, say the blue and yellow as there is the green and orange.

(no pause)(no pause)(no pause)

so all of the notes come at the same rate, except for the obvious pauses, of course. Also, I dont know what it is, but it takes a while to start up(the multiplier, that is), even if your going the same rate, thats why I think that the notes start a little slower then speed up, but thats just a theory, I could just suck...
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to try to record my own video of this, as when I passed it on career I got 85% or so on Mosh 1. =)

It's really tough but once you get it, you got it. It's just hitting the notes THAT FAST that's tough to grasp.
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I only played the song once, and I practiced it like twice before recording, sooo uhhhh.......yeah.
TakeshiSkunk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta admit that when you're really rocking the spidercrawl it sounds and feels bad fucking ass :P That song is so awesomely brutal.
HvTitans83  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i FCed the spidercrawl twice, both times i did it i failed the song. the verse i believe, whatever it is right after the crawl. i am terrible at it. when i finally passed it i only 96%ed it
-Beat Lou [X]
- 10 FCs [] 9
-top 100 [] like 130
5* everything [ ] raining blood, the way it ends, take this life, and TtFaF left
niemassacre  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't move my hand on the neck quick enough to reposition my hand - so I've been trying to leave my hand in the higher position (index on red) and just slide to the green when that group comes up. I can't get past 38% though, and in practice I'm usually in the 45-55% range for full speed. I'm sure one reason I fail is because I can't really get my strumming down, so by the middle I'm probably just wildly flailing at the bar. Argh.
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HvTitans83 wrote:
i FCed the spidercrawl twice, both times i did it i failed the song. the verse i believe, whatever it is right after the crawl. i am terrible at it. when i finally passed it i only 96%ed it
I think its the verse or mosh 2 but its the part where it has one green, then 5 greens then some chords, right?

I think thats what it is...
sknysklz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason whether or not i use star power or not i fail at about 36% on this song. ive only gotten past mosh 1 once and then proceeded to fail at about 95% song completed. since then i cannot get past mosh 1 and i am about ready to snap the removable neck of my guitar in half. does anyone know why star power seems to have no effect when i use it here? it seems like it has less saving power than in gh2
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sknysklz wrote:
for some reason whether or not i use star power or not i fail at about 36% on this song. ive only gotten past mosh 1 once and then proceeded to fail at about 95% song completed. since then i cannot get past mosh 1 and i am about ready to snap the removable neck of my guitar in half. does anyone know why star power seems to have no effect when i use it here? it seems like it has less saving power than in gh2

The spider crawl goes at 2/4 time which makes star power expire disturbingly fast.

You really do have to be capable of clearing at least half of the spider crawl without SP or you won't be passing this song.
sknysklz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey catfish thanks so much for the tips....finally passed on my second try today thanks to you
HvTitans83  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish wrote:
HvTitans83 wrote:
I think its the verse or mosh 2 but its the part where it has one green, then 5 greens then some chords, right?

I think thats what it is...

yeah thats it, evenb taking it into practice for 10 minutes, the highest i can hit is 67%
-Beat Lou [X]
- 10 FCs [] 9
-top 100 [] like 130
5* everything [ ] raining blood, the way it ends, take this life, and TtFaF left
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I suck at that part too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: