ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How is online? *To people who own GH3*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonkeyDood15  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: How is online? *To people who own GH3* Reply with quote

I just watched this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hg2nHDsYhL8

And thought it looked awesome. But I just wanted to ask other people also. Online is one of the features of GH3 that I am looking forward to the most.
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you now, online is AWESOME. Simply fucking awesome. Some of the most fun I've had playing GH.

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
xllApocalypsellx  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly man the online is awesome, I have a Shitty connection and I get Zero lag. They really pulled it off ^_^
UTSBlaze  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonkeyDood send me a friend request on live so we can play some time.

iLeY uK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTSBlaze wrote:
DonkeyDood send me a friend request on live so we can play some time.

iLeY uK

OK then. That'll be great

What skill level do you play? Also are u better then me? lol. Probably are.

Also thanks for responses guys. 25 days to go for us in EU
UTSBlaze  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On GH2 I can 5* all expert songs up to Freya and a few after that. But I'm nowhere near getting the log.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTSBlaze wrote:
On GH2 I can 5* all expert songs up to Freya and a few after that. But I'm nowhere near getting the log.

Thats around my skill. I dont mean to brag but I have the gh2 log and 80's log but it took ages :P

Lookin forward to challenge
UTSBlaze  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok lol. Co-op is more what I'm looking foreward to anyway. But TTF&F looks a fun as in pro face off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTSBlaze wrote:
It's ok lol. Co-op is more what I'm looking foreward to anyway. But TTF&F looks a fun as in pro face off.

Yeah any mode, I dun care lol. I wanna make ur battle my first online battle
UTSBlaze  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I can't wait to get GH3 now. Only 24 more days to go. That is if amazon deliver on time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I am a little upset with online! 2nd person on played was some guy named thundershadow or something like that and his score was going up even when there were no notes comeing down on his chart. My kid kept yelling at me dad look his score is going up and he is not even playing WTF!!! So I dont know if this was a glitch with the new online or someone has already found a way to cheat the system but first day gave me a bad taste. I hope if he was cheating his dam xbox burns up on his ass!!
All guitar playing!! Have been playing guitar for 27 years. I love to teach guitar and talk guitar. Dont limit yourself to just one style of playing and last its not the guitar that makes the player but the player that makes the guitar!
DonkeyDood15  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibanezhead wrote:
actually I am a little upset with online! 2nd person on played was some guy named thundershadow or something like that and his score was going up even when there were no notes comeing down on his chart. My kid kept yelling at me dad look his score is going up and he is not even playing WTF!!! So I dont know if this was a glitch with the new online or someone has already found a way to cheat the system but first day gave me a bad taste. I hope if he was cheating his dam xbox burns up on his ass!!

Hmm... Maybe that was lag. Like he had a bad connection, he plays some notes, his score sticks. He waits a bit and then his score goes up from those past notes. I think he might just have been very laggy, but since neversoft have made it so the notecharts are in time with eachother and stuff online, it might not reflect the lag.

just my guess.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(360 version) I've done co-op, battle mode, and Pro Face-Off all online and every one was awesome. Being able to play co-op with my brother online without having to wait for our monthly get togethers is incredible, and it is really just about the same amount of fun as having someone right there. To me at least.

I did have one weird glitch with Star Power in co-op. It'd show my partner with SP activated, and not for me... but it'd keep telling me to activate star power. And then once his star power ran out, we had a full bar of star power again. It was really really strange.

Last edited by Huwonk on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Huwonk
FriscoSteve  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The online play is great. It's so much fun having each person pick their song(s) and then seeing who comes out on top. You get to play TTFAF and Cliffs of Dover a lot too.

The downside of it is that most of the time when you try to join a match it fails to connect. The other bad thing is the leaderboard layout is terrible, and I still don't understand how the scoring works.

Also, I haven't found a way to invite a friend to a match. I was trying to do a private player match with pro faceoff, but couldn't find any way to invite someone. Does anyone know how to do this?
tonyeck  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online was fantastic - till yesterday. Could join any games (on Verizon FiOS internet), could only host, and that would be fine. Any time I did join a game it would put me in the middle of a song or towards the end? It was weird.

Plus if I ever did quick search it would always return a "connection failed"

Playing friends was working better however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: