ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FUCK RAINING BLOOD!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BloodDeath  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is going to seem random but just give it a try. I was stuck on this song forever. I eventually beat it but mosh 1 gave me so many problems.

I ended up finding a thread with some one talking about a slight lag with the wireless controllers.Something about the signal having a slight delay when you are hitting buttons. I don't have an lcd tv or any fancy tv at all and never had any lag issues with previous guitar hero games.

The guy suggested going into calibrate lag and manually setting the lag to somewhere between 25-30 ms. I ended up trying it and it seemed like I was hitting shit that i was missing before. So I decided to really test it and play Raining Blood. When I hit mosh 1 I almost FC'd the damn riff. I couldn't believe it.

You should really just try this. I know for a fact I would have passed that song on the first try if I knew about calibrate lag. I guess it's possible that it was my tv but I just have a plain old normal tv from wal-mart and never had to do this ever.

Now for a strategy... I pretty much strummed the start of each scale going down and pulled off very quickly. Since I've done this with the lag I can beat this song every time now.

Just give it a shot. It could work.
metallica1832  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i beat it after about 32 attempts im guessing, lol time to get raped by lou a thousand times
niemassacre  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just did it. And then promptly lost in the verse because I was so surprised. My final method here is to keep my hand on the upper notes and slide down to green. It wasn't pretty, but I did get through. Now that I know I can do it, I'm sure I'll get through again. Just gotta practice the verse...
LordAnarchy  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used 4321 fingering on the whole thing, thats just what felt natural when i was playing it, and i made it through after a few tries after getting the rhythm of the chords that were snuck in

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat it. Finally. My personal method was to keep my hands on the R-O keys the whole time and ignore the in-between-crawl notes, and just pull down to the green during the crawls. Just scour these forums for the various methods and find one that works pretty well for you and practice. Then, practice the Verse, cause I failed twice after the Mosh section just trying to get into the next area.

Good luck! It's really doable!
Brandnew70x7  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dumb song, I know this will be blasphemy to a lot o fpeople, but I think Slayer sounds like shit outside of guitar hero as well. This song is just an abomination to my ears and not because it's metal but because it's just so fucking stupidly fast that it isn't even music it sounds like television static or chewbacca taking a shit.

and I dont dig the whole GRR WERE SERIOUS WE WEAR BLACK AND LIKE PENTAGRAMS shit.
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandnew70x7 wrote:
it's just so fucking stupidly fast that it isn't even music it sounds like television static or chewbacca taking a shit.

Mostly sigged. Haha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
Brandnew70x7  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd honestly rather play the Nickelback Discography 3 times than play this song once.
MyChemicalShred  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a tip, dont fuck with Slayer
Brandnew70x7  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Satan will rise from the bowels of a Hot Topic store to crush me!
Mesaray  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Topic, That's great!! I agree with Brandnew70x7 to an extent.
Fast is one thing, but this is INSANE!!! The spider crawls are tough to get down, but the "Flood" seems to be a bunch of random riffs and runs with no melodic order to them. I'm not knocking Kerry King though. He could play circles around me anyday.
BloodDeath  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesaray wrote:
Hot Topic, That's great!! I agree with Brandnew70x7 to an extent.
Fast is one thing, but this is INSANE!!! The spider crawls are tough to get down, but the "Flood" seems to be a bunch of random riffs and runs with no melodic order to them. I'm not knocking Kerry King though. He could play circles around me anyday.

Well it's not supposed to have any melody. It's even titled as "Noise" in the booklet for Reign In Blood. Thats the point,it's supposed to be aggressive and just ugly sounding.
thecire  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it....that ridiculous shit in the start after all the sustains i can nail...but when it comes to the fast strumming and chord transition i can't get it. It's my only non-bonus song left to 5*. Im sitting at 205K but im getting annoyed
weediscool  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah cause slayer and hot topic go hand and hand.

qq more
Mesaray  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood. The randomness of the chord chart reminds me of Psychobilly Freakout. At least it's not easy, to me anyway. Kerry King should be proud!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: