ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FUCK RAINING BLOOD!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMW7243  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: FUCK RAINING BLOOD!!! Reply with quote

Oh my god, Raining Blood has just about made me wanna stop playing Guitar Hero altogether. I can beat ANY other song on Expert with 4 or 5 stars but I can't get past Mosh 1 in RB. I've browsed other topics on this and tried their advice and NOTHING works.

Star Power doesn't give any kind of help at all, and another topic said to just play 2-5 and forget the green key through the mosh but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm about to just give up with GH for good because of this song.
ledoyster  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh just use the unlock all cheat or something. I've been stuck on it for about 5 hours of play, just doing mosh 1 over and over and not getting it. This chart = Neversoft should not make guitar hero games. I can't believe something like this made it onto the career setlist...
TakeshiSkunk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on, I 4starred it on my second try. It's a sweet song and the chart isn't THAT bad.
tthevoicee  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed.

fuck raining blood in the asshole, full of blood.

fuckin song

i know eventually ill pass One, but raining blood is just stupidly insane.
HurricaNe2k9  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather play Raining Blood than One. I fucking HATE One SO fucking much, it makes me want to go kill people I'm not even kidding
TakeshiSkunk  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is pretty awesome too. Great song at the very least.

I can't figure out what the hell I'm missing in the solo. I never hear any misses but my gauge just steadily drops throughout it. I won't count it as cleared until I've done it without star power.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining Blood is fun, I actually have trouble with the rest of the song more than the spider crawl (Mosh 1).

I hit it like this -

and just slide my fingers as fast as I can muster. I've almost comboed the entire section (losing the combos to little misses and the stupid chords that break up the spam) with my highest yet being like 85%.

Just keep at it and strum sporadically in case you miss. Do NOT count on hitting the pulloffs. The occasional over strum is not going to hurt your rock gauge significantly - and hell, with that many notes flying by that close together, what are the odds that you'll actually mis strum?

One thing that might help is focusing on the first two SP phrases. Possibly the third one if you focus really hard on the first section of the spider crawl.

If you can get the star power, try to get through about 3 sections of the crawl before hitting it and you should be golden - especially if you nail all three SP phrases for 3/4 gauge.

Note that the crawl drops to 2/4 time though so star power fades EXTREMELY fast - save it for the last possible moment if at all possible.

Good luck!
DMW7243  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat One on my first try, it wasn't nothing to me. Raining Blood is fuckin' nuts.

The only song on GHIII that I failed AT ALL besides Raining Blood is Before I Forget. I failed it one time on the G+Y, R+B, Y+O, REPEAT part. I beat it on my second try. I just tried Raining Blood for the TWENTIETH time and I still can't get past that beginning Mosh.

Thanks for helping guys, I'll just keep trying for the rest of my life. :P
But seriously, I'll keep trying, hopefully one of these days, I'll get it.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just tried Raining Blood for the TWENTIETH time and I still can't get past that beginning Mosh.

Just keep at it. One thing that might help is maybe dropping down to Slow in training and practice sliding fast.
Wontu  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
im gunna assume u failed at the trills in the solos cuz thats what gave me a hard time.
the trills are the hopos which go RYRYRYRY or something like that
what i did was move my index finger to R and middle to Y and hold R down and tap Y
i barely passed ... took me about 12 tries?
i got the achievemnt for failing 10 times
Knuckx117  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE that damn spider crawl... I managed to get to the end of it, then failed before the stream of greens... if I could get there, then I'm sure I could stumble my way through the rest of the song and save my SP for "The Flood!"
Knuckx117  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Crap... I just switched back to my SG, and suddenly I pwn'ed the 3rd SP phrase. XD

Still failed the song though... damn 2/4 time
KJHall  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: FUCK RAINING BLOOD!!! Reply with quote

DMW7243 wrote:
Oh my god, Raining Blood has just about made me wanna stop playing Guitar Hero altogether. I can beat ANY other song on Expert with 4 or 5 stars but I can't get past Mosh 1 in RB. I've browsed other topics on this and tried their advice and NOTHING works.

Star Power doesn't give any kind of help at all, and another topic said to just play 2-5 and forget the green key through the mosh but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm about to just give up with GH for good because of this song.

Here's my tip: Go into practice mode and select Mosh 1. Put it on slowest. Play until you atleast 98% it (took me one try). Move up to slower, and 100% it. Play it a couple more times, just to get your fingers up to speed. Then move up to slow, and continue to play until you get atleast 95%. Then continue to repeat it until either 100% or until your fingers feel comfortable.

Finally, go back to the career mode, and attempt to play the song once again. Collect all of the star power (if you miss one of the two before mosh 1, restart the song), and try to survive as much of the mosh as possible, only setting it off when your meter is changing from yellow to red. Then just try to kickstart your fingers back to the way they were playing at the beginning of mosh 1. You should survive it, and continue to the rest of the song.

If your fingers get tired, quickly try to pause it and wait about 45 seconds before unpausing. As long as you can keep up with the rest of the song and the flood doesn't give you too many problems, you should pass it.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the first time i played raining blood, i just looked at it and was like "fuck that its not happening". Then i failed the song and picked my jaw up off the floor. this is gonna be like psychobilly freakout was, really hard and not that fun to play.
catfish  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made a thread with a little amount of tips here.-http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33761, including a video, showing that it IS in fact, possible.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: