ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does anyone else have this strumming problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RadiantOpaque  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Does anyone else have this strumming problem? Reply with quote

I have this kind of problem where in a series of alt. strumming notes, when I change from one note to another, I HAVE to start that section on a downstrum, otherwise I screw up completely.

For instance:

In this section I would screw up because if I start the Yellow sequence on a downstrum, if I want to continue a down up down up pattern, I must start the Red sequence on an upstrum.

In this sequence however, I would hit it fine:

Because there are an even amount of Yellow notes.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its really that much of an issue you can force yourself to upstrum the first note so you can start the next note on a downstrum, but I really recommend just overcoming this obstacle by trying to forget about what strum youre actually on and just watching the fretting. Pretend that you didnt change notes and you just continued on normally strumming. You can practice these on Miss Murder's strumming sections and Even Flow's as well. The Seeker's bridge 1 and 2 would be your ultimate practice, because you will be changing notes and strumming very irregularly. Thats all I got.

New goals:
FC Slither [ ]
FC The Outsider [ ]
FC Seventeen, I Wanna Rock, or, R&R [ ]
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be best to practice starting on an upstrum. I'm not comfortable at all doing it in traffic, really, so pick out a song that has a pause before an alt-strum sequence. I do this at the beginning of Bad Reputation - I would ALWAYS overstrum if I tried to start on a downstrum, but I nail it every time when I start on an upstrum, and there's enough of a pause between each yellow stream that I can set up for it easily.

You might wanna try something like The Seeker, as there are quite a few breaks in the middle of the strumming, and each of those sections picks up after a hold note, which is more than enough time to set up for the upstrum. (Although The Seeker is really fucking weird at those parts, impossible to tell if you're gonna end on an upstrum or downstrum unless you've counted the notes yourself )
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do 2 downstrums in a row. I have this problem, so in the Noise Build in Killing in the Name, I will frequently donstrum the last note of one chord and then downstrum the very next note which starts a new bunch of chords.

\m/
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
Just do 2 downstrums in a row. I have this problem, so in the Noise Build in Killing in the Name, I will frequently donstrum the last note of one chord and then downstrum the very next note which starts a new bunch of chords.

This. it solves theproblem for me and is very easy to adjust to and use.
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
FlimFlam wrote:

This. it solves theproblem for me and is very easy to adjust to and use.

Indeed... in W3K, I use this for the strumming section before the solo... 2 downstrums on the blues and you're on your merry way

I still need a GH game >.<
zYgote  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double downstrumming in an alt-strumming passage seems like a huge unnecessary crutch. I'd stick to what theriff said.

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: