ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need a little help on hitting these kind of notes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggin-x  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Need a little help on hitting these kind of notes. Reply with quote

I played GH3 at a friends house for a couple of days, and then a week later bought it for myself. I've been playing it for about a week now, and can FC all Easy songs and all Medium songs pretty easily..I can pass songs on Hard but my score always sucks.

I struggle greatly trying to hit HOs, and hitting parts like

I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on how to easily hit these kind of notes. And also I lose track of where my hand is, sliding it from one end of the frets to the other..Anyone know how I could improve on this also?
timmy335  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a little help on hitting these kind of notes. Reply with quote

Wiggin-x wrote:
I played GH3 at a friends house for a couple of days, and then a week later bought it for myself. I've been playing it for about a week now, and can FC all Easy songs and all Medium songs pretty easily..I can pass songs on Hard but my score always sucks.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers on how to easily hit these kind of notes. And also I lose track of where my hand is, sliding it from one end of the frets to the other..Anyone know how I could improve on this also?
practice, and it will come in time, trust me. I've been playing since christmas, and I've almost five starred everything on expert.
Wiggin-x  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a little help on hitting these kind of notes. Reply with quote

timmy335 wrote:
Wiggin-x wrote:

practice, and it will come in time, trust me. I've been playing since christmas, and I've almost five starred everything on expert.

Hmm, I think i'm trying to run before I can walk...It's just so annoying when 100's of hammer-ons come scrolling at you and you miss every one of them D:
ApE  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't lose track of your hand position, because you should really only be sliding it over one color. For a section like

1 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 would be my fingering. Are you having trouble with a certain set of notes in particular or is it just ascending scales that are giving you problems?
timmy335  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a little help on hitting these kind of notes. Reply with quote

Wiggin-x wrote:
Hmm, I think i'm trying to run before I can walk...It's just so annoying when 100's of hammer-ons come scrolling at you and you miss every one of them D:
Yep, it happens to everyone at first.
Wiggin-x  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApE wrote:
You shouldn't lose track of your hand position, because you should really only be sliding it over one color. For a section like

1 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 would be my fingering. Are you having trouble with a certain set of notes in particular or is it just ascending scales that are giving you problems?

Yeah the asc-..ugh..what you said. I find it hard to time it. I think of it as tapping on the desks at school, where 1 finger comes down and taps after the other, you know what I mean. Well it's normally my pinky that cant handle the speed. Will it gain more dexterity over time?

EDIT: I lose track of my hand position because moving from Easy/Medium where each finger can stay in its place, up to Hard, im used to only having to hit (Not ascending thingys, just in general) so if i have my fingers on I would use my index finger to hit when I needed to hit ..Im not very good at explaining myself, sorry D:
ApE  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will gain more speed and control over time. As for the positioning, you should almost always be in position 2 (which is pinky on orange, ring finger on blue, middle finger on yellow, index for red and green). You should be using your index finger for both red and green (for the most part). If you practice doing this, you won't have to even think about where your fingers are/should be. It'll just be natural.
SaM-  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApE wrote:
You will gain more speed and control over time. As for the positioning, you should almost always be in position 2 (which is pinky on orange, ring finger on blue, middle finger on yellow, index for red and green). You should be using your index finger for both red and green (for the most part). If you practice doing this, you won't have to even think about where your fingers are/should be. It'll just be natural.

I shift positions and i find it to be more natural than using my index for both, i quite a lot of good players who do the same thing, it's all a matter of preference to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaM- wrote:
ApE wrote:

I shift positions and i find it to be more natural than using my index for both, i quite a lot of good players who do the same thing, it's all a matter of preference to be honest.

But this guy is having problems with his hand position and not remembering where his fingers are. Switching positions would only cause trouble for him. So I think the way to help him out would be to have him stay in one position (for the most part).
Wiggin-x  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApE wrote:
SaM- wrote:
ApE wrote:

But this guy is having problems with his hand position and not remembering where his fingers are. Switching positions would only cause trouble for him. So I think the way to help him out would be to have him stay in one position (for the most part).

I'm going to try your technique now. Thanks for the help, it's most appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: