ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 Online League Ideas (intelligent suggestions welcome)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vol  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very helpful if there was a "Leagues" tab on the main page instead of typing it in each time. It would also attract more users to the leagues. If this has been discussed or i missed something sry in advance.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Red Beard 124 PSN Name: DK
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO IT. Just do it. Seriously I would love this on XBL. Itsnot very fun playing random people. I wanna go on XBL and play against people who I know are gonna be a challenge to me. LETS DO THIS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
hansdc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, but songs will be chosen by a randomizer before the match right? Otherwise people could just pick the songs they know the SP paths from and outsqueeze the other player. Or retards selecting DWDTG and TTFAF every single time.
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70767

check out that league idea i had, you can challenge who you want to, you know what you're getting in to in terms of the other players songs, and you can show off as you climb the ladder!
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn it, I wish i had online for my Wii.....
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so its close to a year discussing about this. Is it gonna happen or what? I keep playing against people who suck and i want to be defeated for once

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
KumoriUchiha  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I really like this idea and want to see it happen, and since no one else has thus far decided to try to make, I will. For the X360, at least, since that is what I use.

Since this topic is so old, I don't know if everyone who was is still interested in this. For this reason I am going to send a PM to everyone who has posted in this thread that has posted scores for the 360 to find out. If anyone else is also interested, please let me know.

PM's coming tomorrow.
FATCH0  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT IDEA. But will it happen? I would realy like if some1 was to start talking about it. maybe start around the same time as the nfl?

My proposal is that we still have A, AA, and AAA but each group has 32 players (each person representing a NFL team. Each person plays the team that the actual NFL team you're saying you are will be going against. (i.e Im NE Pats and Suspense is SF 49'ers. Let's say they go against each other in the NFL lineup so me and Suspense go up against each other.)

at the playoffs we use the NFL's playoff scheme and make it all the same. In the end at GH Bowl the 2 division winners go up against each other. My idea would be to name them something GH realted.

We would of course have this for the PS3 and Wii. And each match would have the whole week to go against the person. If a game is not played then the most active person trying to get the game happen would get the win.

That s my proposal for this. If this doesnt happen I would love be the John Madden for this. (Person in charge.) I hope someone likes my idea.
KumoriUchiha  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I have now sent a PM to everyone who has posted in this thread to test if they are still interested in this.
I'm thinking 2 conferences, each with 3 divisions, each with 5 players. This gives a total of 30 players. We'll see what kind of response I get before finalizing the number of players.

Personally, I'd prefer a higher volume of games like in the NHL (maybe doing 2 or 3 each week), but consensus seems to want fewer. To not have too many games during the season, maybe this:
Play everyone in your division once. (4 games)
Play 3 people from each other division in your conference once (6 games)
Play 1 person from each cross-conference division once (3 games)
Total is 13 games. If we do 2/week it only takes 7 weeks.

Playoffs would include the top player in each division, and the next 5 in each conference for a total of 8 players per conference. Best of Sevens for each round could all be played in one meeting, so playoffs would take four weeks.

How does that sound?
FATCH0  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KumoriUchiha wrote:
Okay, so I have now sent a PM to everyone who has posted in this thread to test if they are still interested in this.
I'm thinking 2 conferences, each with 3 divisions, each with 5 players. This gives a total of 30 players. We'll see what kind of response I get before finalizing the number of players.

Personally, I'd prefer a higher volume of games like in the NHL (maybe doing 2 or 3 each week), but consensus seems to want fewer. To not have too many games during the season, maybe this:
Play everyone in your division once. (4 games)

Yo I would prefer if some1 with more experience in leagues as in how to run it and all that stuff would be involved. Im not saying you wouldnt do a great job and all but this certainly isnt a 1 man job. exp. is needed for this. You would ave to be on daily atleast 2 hours a day checking out matches and updating. Im sorry but I just think its too much of a task for you alone.
Play 3 people from each other division in your conference once (6 games)
Play 1 person from each cross-conference division once (3 games)
Total is 13 games. If we do 2/week it only takes 7 weeks.

Playoffs would include the top player in each division, and the next 5 in each conference for a total of 8 players per conference. Best of Sevens for each round could all be played in one meeting, so playoffs would take four weeks.

How does that sound?

KumoriUchiha  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where you're coming from. I don't have any experience in setting this type of thing up online, but rest assured: I can do this. I have been involved in organizing events in things other than guitar hero, such as Magic: The Gathering tournaments, local Halo 2 and Halo 3 events and other such things (yes, I am truly a nerd).

All I'm asking for is a chance.
FATCH0  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KumoriUchiha wrote:
I understand where you're coming from. I don't have any experience in setting this type of thing up online, but rest assured: I can do this. I have been involved in organizing events in things other than guitar hero, such as Magic: The Gathering tournaments, local Halo 2 and Halo 3 events and other such things (yes, I am truly a nerd).

All I'm asking for is a chance.

Go right ahead no one's stopping you.
KumoriUchiha  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far 5 people are in. I'm going to wait until after the weekend before I decide if I indeed will do this. I will then set dates and begin finalizing the format if enough people are in.
xXPennyPackerXx  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ll im in

My Thread

** Proud drummer of 2 years
and reeltar player of 5 years **
KumoriUchiha  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so so far I have eight people who are in. I'm going to give this until the 7th to get at least 16. If it does, I'll set up a schedule to begin on the 15th. With sixteen people, I'm looking at 2 games per week for 8 weeks during the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: