ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lower tiers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jugenheimer  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Lower tiers Reply with quote

I think Neversoft did a pretty decent job on GH3 and I like it. For some reason though, something seems "out of place", if you know what I mean. One reason that I feel this could be the difficulty of the lower tier songs. Sure, some of the higher tier songs are taking GH to a new level of difficulty (BiF, Raining Blood, just to name a few), but what about some of the lower tier stuff? I remember songs like Search and Destroy, Carry On Wayward Son, Mother, and others as well. Songs like these were relatively easy but were also fun to play because of either their solos or the note tracking on them. The point I'm trying to make is that does it seem to any of you that the earlier songs are a bit too easy and maybe not as fun? I find that when I'm playing GH3, I usually go for the later tier stuff (5+ or so) rather than the lower ones, cause I find some of them "boring". However in GH2, I used to play more of less songs of the lower tiers as well.

This is just what I feel.
Pepino123  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree, which is why they should make a classic rock/metal face melter add on with 74 of the most insanely insane face melting songs ever....

it will make everyone happier.
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but I rarely played many of the lower tier songs. It was pretty much only Mother, S&D, and COWS. GH3 has Story of My Life and Rock and Roll all Nite. (Story of My life isn't hard, I just like playing it) Plus, Sunshine of Your Love kicks ass, albeit not very difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story of My Life is great, and it's also a nice song to play to get into the habit of GH3's new HO-PO system. It's easy, but fun. I'd say it's GH3's Surrender.

Only problem is it's too long and my FC runs always miss one note near the end.

But, I agree, there's nothing in the first few tiers on the level of Carry On Wayward Son with its odd time signatures and four awesome solos or the blistering punk of Search and Destroy with its crazy outro.
Except for Rock and Roll All Nite and The Seeker, everything in the first three tiers is already 99% or 100%ed, as opposed to 2 FCs (HSB, MW) and 2 99%s (Strutter, SatD) in the first three tiers of GH2.

GH2 did a really good job of keeping a good challenge throughout all the tiers, but the first three tiers of GH3 feel too easy.

On a tangential note, I'm kind of disappointed with the punk chosen for GH3. GH2 had S&D, CMH, and Institutionalized which were some awesome punk songs that weren't just chord-chord-chord-chord, and GH3 pales in comparison.
TB666  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the lower tier songs are good and overall fun to play.

"Paranoid" , "Talk Dirty to me", "Paint it, Black", "My name is Jonas" and others.
Out of the higher tier songs, only "One" and "Cliffs of Dover" is fun to play IMO.

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
WingsOfSteel  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB666 wrote:
Personally I think the lower tier songs are good and overall fun to play.

"Paranoid" , "Talk Dirty to me", "Paint it, Black", "My name is Jonas" and others.
Out of the higher tier songs, only "One" and "Cliffs of Dover" is fun to play IMO.

I actually view Tiers 1-3 as Lower Tier, 4-6 as Middle Tiers and 7-8 as Upper Tiers, so I wouldn't consider those two examples "lower."

But I guess we all have different opinions. (Also, seconding One and Cliffs of Dover as hella fun)
mac081793  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the early tiers..they were like nice lil' songs to warm u up for the uber songs to come.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow Ride is a badass Co-Op song. I love the Bassline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: