ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood 5* Expert Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eruption1978vht2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, the verse is driving me fucking crazy! The verse is holding me back from 5 stars! I can do it in slow but when I go do it on normal speed, I always miss the transition from RY to BO and YB. Any tips?

I have on every Career song in every Guitar Hero game!!!
GH [x]
GH II [x]
GH 80s [x]
GH III [x]

Rock Band 5* - 58/58
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: eruption
FoxNtd  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahab wrote:
destroyers raining blood guide > than fox's uber misirlou guide.

The sole reason for your having posting that is to openly flame me and I'm getting sick of it. If I catch you doing it again, I'm PMing a mod and reporting what you're doing with your posts.

bjw you'll have to add a link to a note chart image once we have them available. Why did you say it's lame to alt-strum gallops? That's how I do them (since I alt-strum basically everything) and I do it perfectly. It makes a lot more sense than frantically downstrumming three times per gallop.

Can you give any insight about Mosh 1 not registering because I keep failing there because the damn notes don't register! In practice I waited for the O note for the high scale and strummed it and all I got was a plink. I can do decent on Slow in practice but at full speed I'm lucky to hit anything. I hit more in Jordan Solo B than this.

SP tips were good and I just need to figure out how to get those scale to register. After Mosh 1 I should be able to get 5* if I got the SP where I need it.

Good guide.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome guide man, hilarious read! Thanks!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
eruption1978vht2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxNtd wrote:
Ahab wrote:

The sole reason for your having posting that is to openly flame me and I'm getting sick of it. If I catch you doing it again, I'm PMing a mod and reporting what you're doing with your posts.

bjw you'll have to add a link to a note chart image once we have them available. Why did you say it's lame to alt-strum gallops? That's how I do them (since I alt-strum basically everything) and I do it perfectly. It makes a lot more sense than frantically downstrumming three times per gallop.

Can you give any insight about Mosh 1 not registering because I keep failing there because the damn notes don't register! In practice I waited for the O note for the high scale and strummed it and all I got was a plink. I can do decent on Slow in practice but at full speed I'm lucky to hit anything. I hit more in Jordan Solo B than this.

SP tips were good and I just need to figure out how to get those scale to register. After Mosh 1 I should be able to get 5* if I got the SP where I need it.

Good guide.

Try strumming through Mosh 1. I can usually start a combo in it but I lose it and start strumming everyting.

I have on every Career song in every Guitar Hero game!!!
GH [x]
GH II [x]
GH 80s [x]
GH III [x]

Rock Band 5* - 58/58
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: eruption
MoriPon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx for the guide
but no metter how much i train, i can't even pass that MOSH1 XD

my problem is that i dont, and almost cant, use my stuipd little finger XD
im playing with 3 fingers... somehow
but i survived with 3 fingers until now, and i will finish GH3 with 2 fingers
XD
i have only 3 songs left to finish (one,raining blood, and the last song) + bonus songs...
it will take some time :X
hotshotguy65  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Awesome guide.

Just a follow-up question - what's a score we should reasonably aim for when entering the Chorus? This is going to essentially make or break most five-stars. It's too tough to hold a combo in the Flood to expect any big points out of there.
im not sure about the chorus but when you get to the GR chords over and over you want around 155k
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Just a follow-up question - what's a score we should reasonably aim for when entering the Chorus? This is going to essentially make or break most five-stars. It's too tough to hold a combo in the Flood to expect any big points out of there.

I'll be adding a statistics portion soon with estimates in terms of what points will cut it and which will not, but I can say that when you enter the second portion of the Bridge (aka, the part that isn't those two chords being repeated in slow succession), you should ideally have 170-180k.

FoxNtd wrote:
Ahab wrote:

FoxNtd wrote:

yeah, I'll be adding the note chart once JC or whomever gets them up. As for the strumming comment, read my gallop advice over again. I said that alt-strumming through all the gallops (in other words, pretending the gaps do not exist), is lame as it is cheap, but it's awesome

FoxNtd wrote:

No idea, I think because of the apparent shorter timing window for strums (or so people say), the same happens for HOPOs. This is why I can't pass TtFaF

eruption1978vht2 wrote:
VERSE FTL!!!

Yeah, the RY BO YB part isn't necessarily pretty, and is arguably the only hard part in the verse once you get the general technique down. Personally, I use 23 34 34 for this, as I have gotten really use to stretching. I'm guessing you won't find this comfortable though, so I reccommend hopping into position 2 and hitting them as 13 34 23. Note that the space between the RY BO YB and the green tremolo is actually larger than the RY RY YB YB and the green tremolo: in other words, you have more time to make the transition back to getting your index on green. If you already do this, then I really do not know what to suggest, other than practice more until the fingering and speed becomes more fluid. It's the Six chorus all over again
bananaslug  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide im hoping for a 5 star soon,
this should be stickied and made the official raining blood guide

Barbaloot wrote:
dmaster13 wrote:
Dang it. Oh well. What will happen if this get locked? I won't get IP banned will I?

Just edit the title to "How do I donate money to Scorehero?" and make everyone who replied to you on the first page look like a jackass.
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guide! Too bad it doesn't really present anything I didn't already know...

Oh, and I officially hate the verse. Whenever I do good there, I end up fucking up Mosh 2, and when I do terribly there, I ace everything else and come up about 10k short of 5*. This song pisses me the fuck off!

The worst part is that this song requires so much perfectionism... Even Psychobilly Freakout and Misirlou had some leeway for 5*, you might mess up in a number of sections in each song, but there were enough spots to get points that you could make up for it... Raining Blood has one spot to get points, and that damn bit is the worst fucking combo breaker... and 7 starpower? Ugh... >_<

[/rant]

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

170-180K at that point to even have a shot at the five-star?

I'm sitting on like 128K through the entire song right now
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
170-180K at that point to even have a shot at the five-star?

I'm sitting on like 128K through the entire song right now

Well, it doesn't have to be 170k-180k, especially if you kick ass in the second half of the bridge and the chorus. But if you arn't too great at those sections, 170k-180k is nice to have (it will probably be around the 160's right when the bridge actually begins though).

And Finalizer... well, looks like you just need a lucky run where you don't make stupid mistakes.
Tomcove  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, I'll be sure and give this stuff a try the next time I get to play (Stupid family wanting to watch college football...)

I didn't even know half of the parts of the song you were talking about, cause I've never even gotten past Mosh 1... I'm assuming the knowledge in this guide can be used for simply passing the song, as well as 5*ing it, yes?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: tomcove6888
imascreenlooker  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never post here, i usually just lurk around for help but this just helped me 5 star raining blood FINALLY (after 50+ tries)

and i want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH
FreQman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet guide. I should try these techniques later. But one thing:

bjwdestroyer wrote:
Unlike Mosh 1, Mosh 2 actually doesn’t kill babies. In fact, Mosh 2 makes 5*s happen.

Yeah, just thought I'd correct you in case the typo threw people off and made them die.

Last edited by FreQman on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Vattal  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm really weird. I can get past Mosh 1 fine, combing parts of it, never leaving green, but then Verse Comes around, and I can't combo that at all, and then when Mosh 2 comes around, I drop my combo =( It has happened exactly like that for about my past 15 runs, and it's balls annoying =(

Last song I have to 5* on the career too =(

Btw, I find it a TON easier to do Mosh 1 by strumming at like 8th notes or so. I just alt-strum my way through the descending madness, and it goes a lot better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: