ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood 5* Expert Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonc43  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guide has helped me with everything except for the verse...
i have tried abusing the timing window but it doesnt work for me
im confident that i would have the five star if i could combo most of the verse....
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonc43 wrote:
this guide has helped me with everything except for the verse...
i have tried abusing the timing window but it doesnt work for me
im confident that i would have the five star if i could combo most of the verse....

Well how do you play gallops? Like in Barracuda.

Do you play them:

1.DUD UDU DUD UDU

2.DUD DUD DUD DUD

3.UDU UDU UDU UDU

However you play this is most likely the same sort of way you should play the verse. I'll explain more if you tell me which way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just abuse the timing window and do DUDUDU, then do second position for the chords while downstrumming. Works fairly well.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
jasonc43  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use method 1 for gallops
as for the timing window, i cant seem to abuse it (idk why)
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonc43 wrote:
i use method 1 for gallops
as for the timing window, i cant seem to abuse it (idk why)

Well you could just be going so insanely fast you go over the window anyways. Try slowing down. You don't have to go as fast as humanly possible. I think it's only, what, 10nps?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
jasonc43  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will try that thx
unfortunately, i just got the red ring of death so i cant play for a while
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
samtheman wrote:

Here's my suggestion" Learn how to tap the first Y-B trill in the flood. If you get Star Power, that is a shit-load of points right there.

I think that suggesting someone to be able to tap a 20 NPS trill for a 5* is kind of ridiculous, even if its not too difficult. There are plenty of points elsewhere in the song.

I think he meant the slower ones.

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrueSatanist wrote:
bjwdestroyer wrote:
samtheman wrote:

Here's my suggestion" Learn how to tap the first Y-B trill in the flood. If you get Star Power, that is a shit-load of points right there.

I think that suggesting someone to be able to tap a 20 NPS trill for a 5* is kind of ridiculous, even if its not too difficult. There are plenty of points elsewhere in the song.

I think he meant the slower ones.

I did the math the other day. They're all pretty much around 16-18nps except for the last one which are 19 and 20ish. So they're all fast.
oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, all of those trills suck bizz-allz except the slow one in the middle that you don't have to tap. I don't feel like any of them are necessary for the 5 star. Actually, I don't feel like Flood! is necessary for a 5 star at all except for the long line of greens at the very beginning. There's lots of points there that I could get fairly inconsistently.

Definitely the biggest thing with this song is SP usage. Be open minded. Just because most people use a path that includes Mosh 2 under SP doesn't mean you should have to. If you suck at Verse and Mosh 2, learn to rape Bridge and Chorus and use SP there. I had several runs before I finally 5 starred the song where I would use 4 SP phrases across Bridge and Chorus, and I could get over 210,000 with that one SP activation. When I finally did 5 star it, I activated a full bar right after the fifth SP in Mosh 2. No other activations. It really is about being able to keep your multiplier at 8 though. That's the problem with activating in Mosh 2 for a lot of people. If you miss one of the Z's after you activate it, you've really screwed yourself because there are not a lot of notes in this section and your activation is history by the time you get back to your 8X miltiplier. I was a lot more consistent with 100% Chorus and Bridge than I was with Mosh 2, and when I 5 starred the song, I actually only missed 1 note between Mosh 2 and Flood.

Experiment with alternate SP usage. It does no good to activate in a section you can't hit consistently. There is so little SP in this song that it is almost a requirement that you do not miss when you do get a chance to activate it. There are a lot of points to be had in Mosh 2 for sure, but not if you can't hit it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I need about 30k more on this song for 5*. Any tips I am using the path and just can't seem to get it.

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a tip for someone who wants a five star: learn mosh 1.

LOLWUT MOSH ONE IZ S00 HARD THO!!!!11!!

no, its not.

Its pretty quick scales, but its a simple repetive pattern with a couple easy chords thrown in. It does take practise to learn the speed, but when you learn it, you can get so many points out of it that it greatly helps any run. When i wanted to 5 star it, i couldnt hit any part. But after i learned mosh one, i used a 3-2 path, and almost fcing mosh 1 under sp was HUGE. i bombed the verse, fced mosh 2 (also huge), then bombed pretty much everything else and still got 227k.

tl;dr: learn mosh 1 and mosh 2, use the 3-2 path, and theres your 5-star.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moneybags137 wrote:
Ah I need about 30k more on this song for 5*. Any tips I am using the path and just can't seem to get it.

Do you have an 8x combo every time you use star power?

If not, maybe you should just sit down with a hard copy of the chart and create your own path. It'll probably help loads.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
Heres a tip for someone who wants a five star: learn mosh 1.

LOLWUT MOSH ONE IZ S00 HARD THO!!!!11!!

no, its not.

Its pretty quick scales, but its a simple repetive pattern with a couple easy chords thrown in. It does take practise to learn the speed, but when you learn it, you can get so many points out of it that it greatly helps any run. When i wanted to 5 star it, i couldnt hit any part. But after i learned mosh one, i used a 3-2 path, and almost fcing mosh 1 under sp was HUGE. i bombed the verse, fced mosh 2 (also huge), then bombed pretty much everything else and still got 227k.

tl;dr: learn mosh 1 and mosh 2, use the 3-2 path, and theres your 5-star.

This is pretty accurite.

If that's too hard for you, then another thing I reccomend would be to learn the Verse instead. With all that strumming and the chords, it's a lot of points, and it's much easier than it lloks!

1 1111111 3 2
0 0000002 4 3

1 11111 1 2 2
0 00002 2 3 3

Just that easy. The strumming isn't complicated, either.

Oh, and by the way, bjw, your avatar is the most annoying thing in the history of existence. That little dance makes me want to kill something.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)

Last edited by GHAddict on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get a looot of points:

FC a large chunk of Mosh 1, FC it while SP is on.
Get every SP, then activate in the chorus.

You just got a 5* if you didn't do too bad at the Verse + Mosh 2. The 3-3 path is the absolute best if you know how to do Mosh 1 and the chorus but not the Flood!.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll try that.

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: