ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood 5* Expert Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBrightBeast  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips, but like i said before, i fail at everything in a real run, even if i fc it loads in practise mode -.-

i'lltry learning the bridge, even though i totally suck at that.

EDIT: In mosh 2 its the that i really cannot consistantly hit.

i tried in position 1, position 2, and i just really cannot hit it. its the blue or the red that screws me up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBrightBeast wrote:
thanks for the tips, but like i said before, i fail at everything in a real run, even if i fc it loads in practise mode -.-

i'lltry learning the bridge, even though i totally suck at that.

EDIT: In mosh 2 its the that i really cannot consistantly hit.

i tried in position 1, position 2, and i just really cannot hit it. its the blue or the red that screws me up

I prefer to alt-strum the part before it, just after the chords (the Y is a down-strum). Anchor Y for a very short time, hit blue, twist your wirst while keeping your finger together to pull-off the red, hit the yellow and finally, at the end of the twist, pull-off the yellow to hit the r. Twist your wirst the other way to hit the last Y.

For the chorus, everytime you have , play them quickly. This will give you enough time to move from 1st position to 2nd, and to place your fingers correctly over the next chord. I actually got a -1 on the song in the chorus: rushed the chord while my fingers were not placed correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Tips: (From most important)

#1: Learn the chorus, and use 4 SP phrases in those chords. FCing the chords under SP give 51.2k points. If you aren't consistent with the SP in Mosh 1 or the one in the verse, you should ONLY activate in the chords for maximum points. If you are, activate in hard rain, then in the chords.

#2: Learn the bridge. You will activate in the chords, so you absolutely want to have a 4x when activating.

#3: Learn Mosh 2. Every time you miss there, you lose between 5 and 6k points.

#4: Try to hit Mosh 1 SP. The first few notes of Mosh 1 are slower, take advantage of that.

You are completely right. Its just that the chorus is 3 SP phrases long, so activate a bit earlier or practice the Flood strumming I guess.

BTW, Mosh 1's first notes are slower? x)
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVRatcher wrote:

Yes, Mosh 1 has a slight tempo increase after the Star Power. You can see the chart here. Look at measures 49-50. You can see an 18 BPM increase there, and the tempo fluctuates until the end of Mosh 1 in between 214 and 219. Those minor tempo changes don't affect the speed more than a fraction of a note a second, but the main one brings the speed up from 13.4 NPS to 14.6 NPS, which is a fairly big jump.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
TheBrightBeast  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im at 182K points now, thanks to Pas26 telling me to learn the bridge and the chorus, do i really need the verse, as in can i not get 5* w/o it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVRatcher wrote:

You are completely right. Its just that the chorus is 3 SP phrases long, so activate a bit earlier or practice the Flood strumming I guess.

No, the chorus is 4 SP phrase long: 8 measures.

And yes, the SP phrase in Mosh 1 is slower than the rest of Mosh 1.

IIRC, on my first 5* of the song I got a fantastic Mosh 1, then a good Verse, but bombed the Bridge and Mosh 2. I got like 1 k over the cutoff... I grinded it to hell though, like 2-3 hours in a row.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
AVRatcher wrote:

No, the chorus is 4 SP phrase long: 8 measures.

And yes, the SP phrase in Mosh 1 is slower than the rest of Mosh 1.

IIRC, on my first 5* of the song I got a fantastic Mosh 1, then a good Verse, but bombed the Bridge and Mosh 2. I got like 1 k over the cutoff... I grinded it to hell though, like 2-3 hours in a row.

Well, if chorus is 4 SH phrases long, my bad. I usually use SP there and I was pretty sure it was 3 SPs long. But thanks for the info.

Oh and you just discovered why I always miss in the end of Mosh 1 haha thanks!

And I got my first 5* by 300 points so yeah lol it was exactly one year ago.
TheBrightBeast  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YAY 241K lol :P

just want to say thx to everyone who helped my 5* this song ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBrightBeast wrote:

Congrats. That's a really good score for a first 5*. I barely made the cutoff the first time, and I only now have 250k or something.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
TheBrightBeast wrote:

Congrats. That's a really good score for a first 5*. I barely made the cutoff the first time, and I only now have 250k or something.

Really? When I first 5*ed Raining Blood, I barely made the cutoff and I was all "ZOMG I FUCKING WIN AT LIFE BECAUSE OF A VIDEO GAME." A huge mental block went down and my next score was 270k. Then 295. Then almost 330. Once you realize you can, you do. On my first 5*, I had to use SP on mosh 1 because I was going to fail. On all 3 of my next runs I FC'd it. Once you tear down those little mental blockades, everything gets better.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: