ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Disposable Heroes Solo B
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GP69  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Disposable Heroes Solo B Reply with quote

I REALLY need to find a way to hit this somewhat consistently, otherwise my head will explode.

Why am I so desperate? Because apparently I FCed PAST Solo B in a real run, and choked in Solo C (because of me being nervous and that stupid whammy SP note before the triplet strumming and having to immediately activate SP...add that together and you get a choke)...

So now, I've been non-stop practicing solo B for like 15-30 minutes and only FCed it like once or twice out of like 50+ tries...

Add the fact that those piece of shit slider notes don't help shit...I think that's the main reason why my fucking combo keeps breaking...stupid fucking notes don't wanna be hit a millisecond too early or late...

sorry...but as you can see, this is REALLY pissing me off, I don't want to give up Disposable Heroes without a fight, I know I can FC this and I'm asking for your help before I go on a rampage

kthanksgoodbai
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
Parama  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit this nearly every time. Hardest part is getting the transition into the trips.

It's kinda hard to get used to. The first time I tried using this method on the trips, however, I FCed them (I ignored the stuff before the trips). Just keep practicing it and you should get it eventually.

Now if I could only hit Solo A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't anchor. This literally works every single time now for me. Hit it a bit early all the way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGtJZHwnJs

Wrong song, same speed, same deal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

Don't anchor. This literally works every single time now for me. Hit it a bit early all the way through.

I tried that for both Dyers Eve and Disposable Heroes, doesn't seem to work for me, but if I can't do anything else, then I'll try this again
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP69 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

I tried that for both Dyers Eve and Disposable Heroes, doesn't seem to work for me, but if I can't do anything else, then I'll try this again

Stick with it for 5 mins or so before you write it off. That's how long it took me. It's a weird method so don't expect to get it in 2 or 3 tries lol.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:

I hit this nearly every time. Hardest part is getting the transition into the trips.

It's kinda hard to get used to. The first time I tried using this method on the trips, however, I FCed them (I ignored the stuff before the trips). Just keep practicing it and you should get it eventually.

hmm...I guess I'll try that, I'll try tomorrow because it's late now

Parama wrote:
Now if I could only hit Solo A

I'm very consistent at Solo A...here's my method if you're interested (assuming that the part I'm about to explain to you is the part you're having trouble with):

------------

^hold those with 3-4 then do the with 3-2-1

then there's the -----------

From the that was before that, you have 1 at the note, so move your way up from there, hit the red strums with 1 then slide the 1 to yellow, and do the soloing while anchoring the yellow with 1, and slide down to red when you need to. Do that until the first yellow strum, then from there, go back to 2nd position and play the rest of solo A

I hope I explained that well...and do know that when I say "1" I mean your index finger
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this literally works for me every time. Definitely hit it a little early all the way through, like smoky said. I use the same method for the Dyer's Eve trips except I hit the first two trips one-handed to give my tapping hand time to get up to the buttons. For Disposable Heroes, you have plenty of time to move your tapping hand up because of all the HOPOs before the trips and you don't have to strum. Hope this helped!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

And this literally works for me every time. Definitely hit it a little early all the way through, like smoky said. I use the same method for the Dyer's Eve trips except I hit the first two trips one-handed to give my tapping hand time to get up to the buttons. For Disposable Heroes, you have plenty of time to move your tapping hand up because of all the HOPOs before the trips and you don't have to strum. Hope this helped!

we'll see about that tomorrow...this is actually the method I have always used but I didn't consider hitting the notes a bit early since I assumed you have to hit them perfectly on time
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP69 wrote:
we'll see about that tomorrow...this is actually the method I have always used but I didn't consider hitting the notes a bit early since I assumed you have to hit them perfectly on time
That's the case with GHWt. On WT, you'd have to the slider notes slightly early, but not with GHM or SH.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
GP69 wrote:
That's the case with GHWt. On WT, you'd have to the slider notes slightly early, but not with GHM or SH.

Even on WT you should hit them early. Trying to hit Satch solo F on time leads to disaster, but going early lets me FC it 50%-75% of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Even on WT you should hit them early. Trying to hit Satch solo F on time leads to disaster, but going early lets me FC it 50%-75% of the time.
Exactly what I was trying to say... now that I think about I could've re-phrased it better earlier.
GP69  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!

So I tried all your methods...still no shit...I'm starting to lose hope...

BUT...I think I found a method that lets me hit this part at least somewhat consistent...

I use smoky's 6-finger tapping thing...but I only tap the second triplet, and one hand the rest...by doing this I FCed it about 3 times this morning. However, this was out of like 30 tries so I still need consistency, I still feel that I need help...I WON'T GIVE UP ON THIS!!! (but this is really frustrating me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I will return from work at 3:30, let's hope by then I'll show some more progress...otherwise I'll live the rest of my life slapping myself for choking in solo C in a real run
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. Any reason why you only tap one of the trips?
GP69  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Hmm, interesting. Any reason why you only tap one of the trips?

I don't know...it seems to work more often than my other method though. The thing is...there's too many triplets for me to hit it 1-handed (it's too fast for me to keep up) but tapping them doesn't help that much either...so I 1-hand the first triplet, tap the second one smoky-style, and 1-hand the rest...though the hardest part is the tapping because it seems to break my combo most of the time...I honestly don't know why though

...using this method, I have less trips to 1-hand and I don't have to hit them fast for as long as if I 1-hand all of them (I FCed The Judas Kiss so I guess that also helps with my fast descending triplet skills)
Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increase your lag setting by 10-20 ms (Try it to find what you need). Then, just stick to your first method, but concentrate on the 2nd, 4th and 6th triplets. You want to tap them quickly, and on time (not early cuz you played with the lag). Just ignore the 1st, 3rd and 5th trips, alt-tapping will take care of them easily.

DO NOT go too fast, it's easy to break combo.

DO your tapping motion quickly. If you do it too slowly, you will hit the B, then pull-off to the red before hitting the Y, breaking your combo. This is why purple notes are so annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: