ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision Announces National Guitar Hero III Tournament!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janus5k  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and make it to LA after school - I should be able to get there before 5 to register.

How disturbing.
dantheman4525  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sluggo, i won the austin tournament and got a pretty good score on the "secret song". I heard some random kid won the GA one and sucked it up on the secret song. So that would be the first four stops, but since then, i havent heard anything about anyone winning the other stops.
socolive  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on winning the SF stop on wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Since it's the last one, maybe they won't make me sign NDA's. I don't think I have any chance at getting to the last 2 short of divine intervention, but Hot Topic has sick baby clothes.

2007 Family Values Guitar Hero 2 Competition Regional Winner, Mountain View, CA

2007 Pontiac/Activision Guitar Hero 3 Competition Regional Winner, San Francisco, CA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RSC75
Janus5k  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was certainly fun - I managed to qualify despite missing three SP phrases in 3's and 7's (though I don't remember breaking combo outside of those ) and played against sluggo for the rounds of eight and four. Which I guess makes up for not getting to in the last two tournaments I've been to.

On #ofB, I started out with a massive streak but spazzed out during the solo and missed an SP phrase, which allowed him to come back and beat me 552k to 542k. This didn't end up mattering, though, as I still qualified for the next round.

I missed the first note of Cliffs of Dover.

That and I had apparently SP at the end when I thought I didn't. Otherwise I didn't do too badly, getting 258k to sluggo's 271k. It's probably good that I didn't make the finals because I suck at Knights. Plus the other guy, Spencer, beat my high score. I was like whoa. Then we were all thrown out so that he could play the not-so-secret song.

Competition was surprisingly stiff - I only got the fifth highest score in the qualifiers with 339k, and most of the people who qualified that I saw got 99% on it. It seemed decently well organized, though the announcer was really annoying, and someone from Neversoft named Chris was there. Was it Chris Vance?

In any case, congratulations to Spencer for winning - I don't know if he has an account here or not.

How disturbing.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from the LA tourney. I played pretty well and made the final, but completely bombed the intro on the last tune and never recovered. 2nd will have to do for me.

There were some pretty good players -- the scores through the final 8 and final 4 were all pretty close together -- but I'm not sure there was a juggernaut like Hellashes or Priest or Kov at this stop. (The winner was "Spencer" -- not sure if he's on SH).

As it turns out, Chris Vance was there with some Neversoft people taking some home video, so there might be some footage of me playing the final song behind my head once I decided it was out of reach. Chris also played an exhibition against the winner on Before I Forget and beat him, although it was in doubt for a while.

Grats and good luck to Dan and all the other winners so far. I thought this tourney was pretty well run, and I might try to attend the final in LA next week depending on when it's held.

Edit: And oh yeah, Janus and I faced off in the rounds of 8 and 4, which was fun in itself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love tournaments, I wish I could've gone to this one. Sounds like it was fun and well put together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
I'm less than an hour away from Buford, but I don't get out of work unitl after 5:00. I'm definitely at a disadvantage, as I don't own GH III. Plus I'd have to drive there once to register, and then again to play. But hell, for a new car I can rent the game for a week.

Tough call. I'll have to look into the logistics of it further to see what I can do. I doubt I can do it, but I'll let everyone know for certain if I can go.

And I agree...doesn't seem too "national" to me. The people in the southeast got screwed royally. Buford GA? Really? Who goes there?

I go to Buford. Thats where my girlfriend lives im like 10 minutes away. Buford High School is a 2A school, so that proves like no one lives there. Why didn't they hold the tourney at like North Point mall, right north of Atlanta?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socolive wrote:
I'm planning on winning the SF stop on wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Since it's the last one, maybe they won't make me sign NDA's. I don't think I have any chance at getting to the last 2 short of divine intervention, but Hot Topic has sick baby clothes.

Which time slot did you sign up for?

I'm in the 5-6PM one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socolive wrote:

You'll be signing NDA's. I just signed up for that tourney earlier today.

I'm there 5-6. Good luck to everyone else?
socolive  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as planned, I won the SF stop.

My 3s and 7s score was 3rd, about 350k.

My #otB score was 1st. I forget what that score was.. 570k ish?

My CoD score was 2nd. 272k

My KoC score won it, at about 456k or so. Don't remember exactly. I know I crushed my old high score, which was 430k. Got really lucky on the tremolo parts (RRRRRRRRRR G R YYYYYYYYYYY etc.) with some star power activation and sweet 8x multis.

I am confident that my score on the "secret song" will not get me to LA, though I did beat my personal best by about 80k.

Nick, sorry I didn't get a chance to get a photo with you. I really wanted to...

Thanks to everyone at Hot Topic, who were all super nice. Thanks also to Adam, who remembered me from the Family Values tour and gave me props over the PA. Thanks also to Monica (it was monica, right? my bad memory...) for being so nice and for interviewing me. Hopefully that footage will surface somewhere...

Thanks also to the other players for being totally cool and fun to play with. We should all do it again.. like this Saturday at my tourney in Santa Rosa! ;) Hope to see you all there!

2007 Family Values Guitar Hero 2 Competition Regional Winner, Mountain View, CA

2007 Pontiac/Activision Guitar Hero 3 Competition Regional Winner, San Francisco, CA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RSC75
TheVacuum7  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great time...I'll just have to stick with local tournaments and hope that all the players are bad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: