ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
dramacomic: Miss Murder (GHSH) FC! / 21,090 overall FCs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjay  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama will be back, I'm sure of it.
I've had lengthy periods of inactivity myself. I've even gone as far as to call it a day, clear my Xbox cache of all things GH (all those lost scores!! )and gone back to playing Fallout or whatever it was I was playing at that time. The genre always calls me back in.
To play as much as he/me/we do you have to have a certain mentality and a love of the genre. So I don't doubt for one minute he will be back.
Absolute legend \m/
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As selfish as it sounds, I kinda hope he doesn't do any more hard so I can be 1st to 1 billion points there. But even then I hope he's okay.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
sjay  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
As selfish as it sounds, I kinda hope he doesn't do any more hard so I can be 1st to 1 billion points there. But even then I hope he's okay.

All well and good but we have been waiting and watching for you to finally hit the 2 billion individual score achievement for weeks now. When is that gonna happen ?

So as not to hijack this thread... Currently working on WT dlc and I got to say even there dramacomic still has lots to offer. Let's hope he comes back as relentless as ever.
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the concern! So sorry if I worried anyone! I still do have nothing but kind thoughts for you all in return, even if I don't pop on here and say as much (or at least not often as you deserve!). I dusted off a mic to start up some vox shenanigans on a whim and naturally this led to FC chasing and subsequently led me back to see how things were going in scorehero land and I wholly expected my thread to be buried and in need of strong resurrection but it's quite alive on its own thanks to your concern. You're all SO NICE for chiming in support even during my inactivity, that's really something else.

In any event, no particular reason for the extended absence apart from focusing on my health. I was (and still am) quite thin but I felt like I could stand to add some physical activity to my life to see if it would do me some good so I spent a good chunk of 2016 running, culminating in successful completion of a half marathon (13.1 miles / 21.1 km). This was predominantly inspired by my husband who runs marathons and half marathons all the time. It was certainly quite challenging, both physically and mentally, so I'm glad I was able to finish it on my own steam. It took me 2 hours and 27 minutes to complete this distance, which I thought was a fairly lackluster time but in retrospect I suppose it was respectable for a first timer and was still in the top half of the many thousands of participants so yeah... random real life event FC I guess? O_o

In any event, I suppose you could say I have returned. Honestly I'm at an age where a year doesn't feel like a long time to me anymore, although I guess it is a somewhat lengthy dry spell. sjay knows EXACTLY what's up though - it's nothing short of a fact that I'm never abandoning this hobby permanently, no matter how long in between FCs/score updates it may take.

Last known FCing before this update was December 13 2015 with some randomness on GHWoR Medium Drums. My actual last FC was for the song "Motivation" and my comment for it was that I could use some (referring to motivation, as it were). Guess I was in a bit of a Charlie Brown headspace at the time! A bit of a rest and rejuvenation was definitely in order, even said rest period lasted 11.7 months or so.

I suppose I will have a lot to revisit, but vox is what tickled my fancy for now and for my re-entry into the FC fracas I ended up going with just a random selection of GH DLC (H + X vox). Nothing particularly challenging or noteworthy, but I've gotten this far on quantity over quality so quantity is what I have for us yet again! Current total after finishing posting will be 20,091. Even though I've started adding to the grand totals again and even though I still haven't been surpassed (as far as I know?) for FC total, I still think I'm quite catchable and would love to see someone else reach the 20k milestone. IT CAN BE DONE, I ASSURE YOU! :D

I didn't realize I was that close to a billion points on Hard, that's actually kind of hilarious that I've been sitting at 999 million something for this long without even realizing it, but I suppose cracking a billion would be the first short term goal to achieve (sorry to disappoint voided!), and then I'll see how well my instruments are doing and reassess whatever I can still manage with what I have. Still no next-gen console (I guess it's CURRENT-gen now?) so no RB4 yet and I don't much fancy getting GHL for this system so it'll still be pretty much picking up where I left off and plugging away towards 25k and maybe even 30k with otherwise no huge surprises that I can foresee in store. Never say never though!

Hope everyone's had a good year if you're reading this and please catch me up on all the latest happenings. Thanks again for your concern and support, it does mean quite a great deal to me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooo! I wanted to be first...eventually!

Oh, well, you kinda really deserve that. I can't complain.

Good to see you're still well. Though...are you a girl, or gay? I just never thought about it before, and when you mentioned your husband I just started to wonder. Don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

And I will probably hit 20K scores sometime within the decade. Probably. I think, anyways. We'll see.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
sjay  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see your OK dramacomic \m/\m/
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see you are ok and doing well. sometimes, we have to take a short break/soem distance so we can come back stronger with motivation. I understand that feeling very well as I kind of want to stop some times, but my passion for this game kicks in and I come back do a game or 2. The amount of song is what generally push me off a little bit but once im half way through it, I push harder and finish it off in a little to no time (GHTV im looking at you).

Welcome back (?)

Last edited by Cabanon on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back(ish) Drama! I am glad that you are doing well and you are enjoying life. I find it rather amusing that you took up running as a pasttime, as the other super prolific member of the Score Hero universe, TimEbaysAll also went that route about two years ago. He now does triathalons if you believe it, and recently did quite well in one of the hardest races in the country.

Just under 2.5 hours for a half marathon? That's about a 11 min mile, VERY good for someone who hasn't been running for half of their lives. I could probably manage that for about a 5K at the moment, but I am terribly out of shape due to having bad knees. Doing 45 min of 1000+ calories an hour elliptical not withstanding, my body would NOT enjoy running at this point. I ran in high school and college, until injuries finally forced me to stop. It turns out my right leg is shorter than the left by about 4 cm, and that's what caused me to have repeated injuries when I was competing at sub 4% body fat. Running is a fantastic hobby, and I highly recommend at least trying it for anyone that is not obese (tis very hard on the knees that way).

Are you planning on working up to a marathon? Sticking with halves? Just running for yourself? Maybe considering moving onto triathalons? There are a lot more options out there for the semi competitive athlete/ weekend warrior than there were just 15 years ago, so as long as you live in a reasonably large metropolitan area you shouldn't want for competitions if that is your route.

As for GH stuff, I am glad that you still enjoy it. I think your short term goal should be for 1 billion on Hard, easily achieved with Hard Vox on DLC. After that, do you have any plans? Glad to have you back.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:

it's nothing short of a fact that I'm never abandoning this hobby permanently, no matter how long in between FCs/score updates it may take.

Hell yeah, that's what I like to see. These rhythm games are just too damn fun

Good to see an old member back in action. Congrats on the half marathon and working to improve your health. I took up running about 3 years ago and it has definitely changed my life for the better too!

Hope to see more from you in the near future!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Good to see you're still well. Though...are you a girl, or gay? I just never thought about it before, and when you mentioned your husband I just started to wonder. Don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

I believe he came out on SH a few years back. I seem to remember me commenting something about how all the most epic players seem to be gay- drama, arvain, and Fug, iirc. Still holds true, lol.

Also, great to see you're still doing well (and not yet giving up on this game ;) ) I totally understand what you mean when you say you'll never be fully over guitar hero. I can see myself coming back now and again for years to come.

And congrats with the running stuff, I used to run cross country in high school... there's a reason I haven't kept up with it since graduating, lol. Take's a lot of dedication, to be sure. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back, drama. I'm sooooooo glad you are back, and I first saw a score you posted on the homepage, and I was like "maybe I misread skinnywhitecomic's name" because I seem to get those two confused LOL. I was completely suprised when drama was there. Rock on \m/

Also, congrats with the running stuff. I can't run very long because I am very out of shape (especially for a nearly-16 year old kid), but I do like to walk (to the candy store, that is, Kappa). But seriously, I like to walk a mile or two everyday and go down to the record store or the game store, or some place else in the mall (like if I need to get batteries or something). It's great to see fellow GH/RB players are not just sitting on their asses all day like I used to :D

Cheers again, drama \m/
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcoming back <333 Glad to see familiar and new names alike.

voided you are still giving me quite a run for my money and although I will likely be the first to reach 1 billion on Hard next update you are still very much surpassing me in skill! Well done with the well earned 2 billion unique score milestone pass and best of luck with your additional new lefty endeavors!

sjay well done on being quite the accomplished bassist in my absence! Fair warning I may be re-vying for that top bassist unique score slot in the coming weeks/months, so I totally hope we're both bassist billionaires before long

Cabanon!! Glad to hear from you again, and yes the volume of songs to cover is usually what seems the most difficult aspect of this stuff. It's pretty much impossible to cover everything. For DLC songs disappear sometimes too, so at the back of my mind I already know I won't FC everything out there, but I'm still impressed with your efforts to get the Easy and Medium FCs all covered and/or whatever the GHL equivalent is (I'm still way behind on that!)

bushidox you crazy cat I am very humbled and grateful that you chimed in on this thread during my inactivity hoping to hear from me and sorry it took me so long to get back in here! I appreciate your keeping up with all the community updates and threads, and I can echo your sentiments about giving running a try!

suhdude thanks for the support and good luck with Texas Flood!! I am thoroughly impressed with your GH1H dominance. Way back when I first tried TF I never thought I'd succeed, even with close calls and heart breaking overstrums, so don't let it get the best of you and I know you will be capable of that FGFC!

alex - Agreed, I honestly think the die-hard players in the community will be around for a very long time, especially those of us who stuck with it after its sharp popularity decline. I'm sure we'll be waving hello on this forum and checking up on whatever remaining accomplishments are left in 2020 and 2030 :D

UltraHero - yes the comics can be easily interchanged (skinny and I actually seem to have quite a lot in common in addition to screen names ending in "comic"). Good on you for doing the extra long walking stuff! I also enjoy having an extra mile or two walk during my day and I take public transit to work so sometimes when I'm early I get off a stop early and walk the extra blocks for fun or meditative purposes.

=====================

Sorry for any confusion! I can confirm that yes my gender is male and I am in a same sex relationship; we've been a couple for 13 years and officially married for 3 years, so I do use the term husband now although I tend not to ascribe to most labels or stereotypes. Alex is correct that I first broached this topic years ago but in true dramacomic fashion it was buried in a wall of text, which itself was buried under a wall of FCs (this was for the 13337 update), as I was pretty nervous about talking about it at the time but I'm significantly less secretive about it now so don't feel bad for asking :)

I was intrigued that most of us seem to have some running background/present experience in addition to the rhythm gaming. I guess they have some things in common, at least in terms of levels of dedication and commitment. I don't have any plans to do a full marathon and the thought of a triathlon is daunting, but I might do another half and see how I feel. As a comparison I used to think Hard FCs were the highest difficulty I could master, so a half marathon is like Hard difficulty, which means there may be something on the Expert level down the line. Yay analogies!

Had a great day and a half of getting back into RB3 (and a bit of Blitz too, as it turns out), since I forgot how crazy my list of available songs/FCs is and I still have a bunch of songs that I downloaded and either never played or only played on one instrument/difficulty. The guitar was good enough to tackle some Expert bass DLC so that was encouraging, and the drums were ok enough to do Easy for now and likely Medium won't be too far behind (Hard/Expert will likely be in dribs and drabs if anything).

Time to update the spreadsheet and OP as well. Got lots of outdated stuff for housekeeping Enjoy the rest of your week!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Glad to hear everything is going so well.

And yes, a 2.5 hour half marathon ain't nuthin' to be ashamed of! My first marathon was several years ago, and finished in 4:54, so you're doin' just fine!

And I'm happy that you and your husband are doing well! I am always worried for LGBT friends, especially given our current political climate. It can't be easy, but I'm glad you and your partner are doing great! I know we're just internet friends and what not, but please let me know if there is ever anything I can do on the east coast to help you out!

And keep up the march to a BILLION POINTS. My God, I don't think I've ever seen a billion of anything. That's just unfathomable. From one comic to another, keep being awesome!

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much obliged for the support, my fellow comic friend. You may see it as being "just an internet friend" but your support is amazing and I'm truly grateful and humbled. In my neck of the woods we seem to be generally undeterred by the political climate, despite the election results, but east coast support is certainly more than welcome! We used to live in Virginia which was (at that time) much less supportive in general, but I get the sense public opinion is swaying much more in our favor and although there are still plenty of detractors, my hope is that they are just high in outspokenness and not in quantity.

Incidentally, I don't even know if I can finish a full marathon let alone do it in 4:54. That's awesome. And you say that was your FIRST marathon, meaning there have possibly been more since then with faster times perhaps? I will call upon you for further inspiration if I'm ever crazy enough to register for another race. The jury's still out on that ;)

1 billion unique hard points expected at next Saturday update. Stay tuned!
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By proxy this means I am also the first to obtain a billion unique points on 2 difficulties. (Easy and Medium are a ways off, but never say never etc.). Shoutouts to psx for still having the lead in the Overall column :D

Not sure what it was that put me over the billion since most of my scores this week were random, but I will say it was On The Backs of Angels Hard Keys FC since that's the only Hard keys FC I obtained recently so it stands out. It wasn't really super challenging despite being devil tier material, but it did take many restarts because it's Dream Theater and that's how that goes for me :p

Next "short" term goal is to obtain 5000 FCs per difficulty. Current breakdown is 5058 Easy / 4710 Medium / 5748 Hard / 4667 Expert (20183 total), so only need a couple hundred on Medium and Expert. With Medium I'll probably try to incorporate a FGFC since I've been tiptoeing around my remaining Medium FGFC possibilities (honestly, I don't want to run out of potentials). Knowing me I'm not going to abandon Easy/Hard stuff while this is ongoing. Most of this will be on RB3 since that has the most unplayed DLC options, especially for Expert vox (Expert guitar and even bass can be surprisingly difficult for FCs where RB DLC is concerned). So yeah, hoping for 290 more Medium and 333 more Expert FCs for this goal, which should be feasible by I dunno... March maybe? Just a guess.

Yes, it's nice to be back That is all for now, carry on!

Last edited by dramacomic on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
Page 122 of 126

Jump to: