ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHEX replacing earlier songs, corrupting others?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: GHEX replacing earlier songs, corrupting others? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else has that problem.
If I replace songs low alphabetically like w-y, I have no problems.

But If I try to replace something up high like carry me home, it ends up corrupting every song after it.
All the vgs files say bad, and I cant hear any of them, and they all freeze.

Whats the safest point to go up?
Or is my replacement too big?
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well do they still work in game? I've replaced a lot of different songs and haven't really had a problem with any non-replaced songs freezing up. Ghex just seems to be a little finicky, which is to be expected since it's the first version and all.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had the same problem just now and was just coming here to discuss it. I have 6 songs replaced in Ghex currently, Yes We Can, Red Lottery, Mother, Surrender, Cherry Pie and Parasite. I tried to replace some more earlier and it would not work, got the same corrupted vgs problems as TheGlow, but, i can still re-replace any of the above 6 songs, which is what i ended up doing.

Seems strange as mine doesn't seem to be abc related, (i.e both Cherry Pie and Yes We Can are fine) but Ghex just seemed to...reach it's limit for replacing stuff.

I did think it might still work when burned because of the .mid error you always get, but i didn't fancy wasting another disc to test.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 2nd time its happened.
I mean if gotten fall of pangea, an F replaced fine.
but just now I did yeswecan, no prob.
went up to carry me home, replaced the mid. got the standard error.
then highlight the vgs, which I havent touched yet, and it says error, as if I replace it already. but wont let me play the vgs, says its invalid.
and EVERY song after that alphabetically, ones I havent touched, i get an error for the mid and the vgs again.

Replacing up that high gives me an eta of 4-5mins as well.
should one work backwards alphabetically or just start at the top? this is where im semi baffled.

Again I have an emulator so I can run most of these preps2 to make sure they dont crash and show up fine on the Setlist screen.
And then I have hdd loader so I dont even need to waste discs.

Shame we cant remove all those practice vgs, save some space since theyll do us no good but taking up space.

Off to work now. Hope some people mess with this some more.
Obviously it can be done, kypuppy has the full gh1->2 which is my real aim. And just stickin customs on the blank spots.

actually just before leaving i was thinkin, Sottle says his legit are corrupted but his previously editor are fine.
Must be sticking em at the end and breaks something somewhere. So maybe if ALL of them are then replace with something, they work again. *shrug*

And if we replace all the practice vgs with quick 1 sec vgs or some such, will that shrink the ark?
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever things get convoluted with my current .ark, I just copy it off the retail disk again and start over. I've noticed Ghex sometimes giving me that error to a song that I didn't do anything to, so I just chalk it up to the program being finicky, and don't think that anything is actually wrong.

What emulator do you use that can run GH2 well enough to test an .iso?
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod, I have 3 copies on my hdd, but Im just getting tired of copying it over n over, thats 2-4 mins.

For the emu, i dont recall, pcsx2 or some such. Ill double check later.
default settings, loads up the game fine, intro movie slowed down some, but again I can ge tto the setlist fine and see the notes pop up.
Ive always cancelled it at that point, didnt bother to try playing.
usb adapters dont work so well with the SG, at least no whammy bar.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going ahead and ignoring the corrupted untouched ones and tryin to make the gh1 version. Some are corrupted, some arent.
then continuing ahead, some that were corrupted, arent anymore and vice versa
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod, I ignored the corrupted ones. replaced tier 1-6 with gh1 songs, replaced the bonus songs, etc.
the only 1 still corrupted was freebird, so i put another one back in,a nd it works fine.

I havent played it 100% but even rats was VERY low on the volume. the crowd was cheering louder than them.

Texas flood was a blast with the new hopo
katamakel  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten a few reports of this behavior in ghex but I've never encountered it myself nor have I had the time to try to get it.

If I had repro steps for getting the error all the way from "I copied the .ark/.hdr from the original disc", that would help a heap in finding the bug.

ghex actually doesn't care about file sizes, types, names or anything else when replacing files.
You could even replace a .vgs with a .bmp if you wanted. Wouldn't work, but you could

Thanks for being patient with this first version of ghex, and me not having a lot of time to fix things immediately!
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for repro it, I got it the one time replacing madhouse with a custom, then Carry Me Home, and the carryme home caused the corruption. You wont get a pop up or anything about other songs being corrupted, you have to just go ahead to a another song you never touched, highlight it, THEN it tells you its corrupted.

Its all good. i dont know if it makes a diff, but I know if I move lets say freebird, it shows a dialogue of the other files that need moving, And then places it at the end.
So if I end up moving a total of 10 files, by #10, the last ones will be the last 9 I did, understand?
Well when I had that corruption take place, I forgot which song in particular trigger it in this case, but it said Elephant Bones, Fall of pangea, Freebird, and Jordan were now corrupt. Improper midi, not the 65407 error and an error when highlighting vgs, with no playback option. so I went and put them back in extract from earlier, then they work fine.

But as a side effect when moving other files, in between those 10 i replaced earlier, Freebird showed, then freebird p95, the practice files, the voc, etc. Files I never touched, so they shouldnt have been moved to the back.
So It looks like it fumbles briefly.

But I ignored it, replaced elephant/pangea with the gh1 songs I had in mind, and put freebird and jordan back, no problems so far.

Although Even Rats played back really low,t he crowd was drowning it out, but BATM was fine. Since I didnt do any vgs editing, im confused there, but so far so good.
I wouldnt have been able to do this much without your goodness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: