ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 7 information Thread! - Starts Nov 25th!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Season 7 information Thread! - Starts Nov 25th! Reply with quote

Guys,

Update: Season 7 will officially kick off on Nov 25th! Also, let it be known that we will combine all 4 platforms into one. While we are not 100% sure there are not minor discrepencies between platforms, if they exist, we don't feel it will be a determining factor in actual results. We'll play it a bit by ear for this first GH3 season.

Season 7 will be for GH3 only. Downloadable content will not be part of the song rotation.

____original post below______

Sorry to keep many of you in suspense for so long. Barfo, elx and I had been tossing around ideas for awhile now for Season 7. They included the following:

1. Run Season 7 identical to Season 6
2. Run Season 7 as a mixed GH2/80s for PS2 and GH2 for Xbox
3. Wait on Season 7 until GH3 comes out and run a GH3 season

In the end, we unanimously decided to take option 3. The main reasons are the following:

1. At this point, there is only 2 week before GH3 launch and that does not give us enough time without overlapping.
2. Most everybody will drop out of a league in favor of playing the new game once it starts.
3. Barfo, elx and I are just a little burnt after 6 seasons and needed a bit of a break/vacation.

Therefore, leagues are on a bit of a hiatus right now until GH3 comes out. The current thought is to give people (in the US anyway) about 2 weeks with the new game prior to starting up Season 7.

In the meantime, we will be starting a GH3 sightread here shortly which will obviously parallel the release of GH3. Watch for that shortly.

Sorry if this news dissappoints anybody greatly. Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions I may not have answered already..and post your thoughts on if this was a good/bad decision. We won't be changing our minds at this point, but you are welcome to your voice your opinion.

Last edited by rabies on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your decision to wait for GH3, I'm just a little burnt out playing it.

Very much looking forward to the sight-read, but I was wondering if the results will be separated by system (PS3, 360, etc)?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
RStah44  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a good decision because if another season went on you would feel alot more burnt out then you are now. Also people would be nagging for a gh3 season. I think you could put the signups up for season 7 soon, i'm sure that doesn't hurt anyone and then you'll be ready.
[X] Rank Top 500 in Expert
Leagues:
S5 B-league- 2nd Regular Season- Quarter Finalist in Playoffs
S6 OB-league- 15th Regular Season- Round 1 Finalist in Playoffs
Backspace  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Season 7 information Thread! Reply with quote

Yay I was hoping you'd do it this way. I know personally that if you ran it for GH2/80's I would be doing 1 play through of each song and then going back to GH3 or just dropping out all together. I do have a few questions about season 7 though.

First, are you planning on splitting the leagues by consoles this season? I know it's difficult to tell before the games released but since Barfo seems to be in the know with the neversoft people I thought I'd ask.

Also are you planning on waiting until the games released in Europe before you start the leagues even if it's longer then 2 weeks? Personally I think it'd be a good idea since like you said you need a break and it would suck for European players to come into season 7 already a week or two behind (I'm from the U.S. so I'm not biased by living in Europe btw).
mikeybaby  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question on behalf of the European GHers like myself on scorehero, or indeed any other nation this may apply to. From the sources that I've found, it looks like we won't be getting the game for nearly a month after the US (places I've seen put the release date down as the 23rd November, and 30th for Wii). If that's the case and this starts 2 weeks after the US release, will we be able to sign up and just miss out on the first week or so and continue later on into the league, or will we have to wait till season 8.

Thought I'd check this out because I know that seperating people into individual leagues is done working with scores posted and week 1 scores so a huge group of people submitting later on could lead to confusion. Also, if we can participate, because I know league seperations also rely on posted scores, and as we'll get the game late, many may not be able to get a significant ammount of scores posted before signing up.

I hope it'd be possible to work this out, I participated in season 5 and 6 and thought they were great fun and would love to compete in this one aswell. Thanks for letting us avid leaguers know what's happening and enjoy your break

"All I do is sit down at the [laptop] and start hitting the keys. Getting them in the right order, that's the trick... that's the trick" The immortal words of Garth Marenghi
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this probably was the best decision you guys could have made. Feel free to take your well-deserved break.

On a side though, do you know what you guys are going to do about all the chart videos that have been on Youtube/etc.? Obviously it won't be entirely a sightread for some people.

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
RStah44  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragoonKain wrote:
Yeah, this probably was the best decision you guys could have made. Feel free to take your well-deserved break.

On a side though, do you know what you guys are going to do about all the chart videos that have been on Youtube/etc.? Obviously it won't be entirely a sightread for some people.

damn, I would have never noticed about the chart videos on youtube. Fuck that was a good point good job Dragoonkain.
[X] Rank Top 500 in Expert
Leagues:
S5 B-league- 2nd Regular Season- Quarter Finalist in Playoffs
S6 OB-league- 15th Regular Season- Round 1 Finalist in Playoffs
Stevo  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When GH3 Comes out in Europe can we have a European GH3 Sightread plz with no Yankee players
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice and you guys deserve a break, and whoever has a problem with that needs to try running 6 seasons of leagues... I've done it elsewhere I know it's pretty much a thankless, time-consuming "job." So thanks for all that ya'll do and I'm looking forward to the sight read and Season 7!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Killoff  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea.

But I was thinking of something as a one/two week tournament-style thing (Everyone signed up plays against one another though), then the half of those people with the highest scores make it to the next round, and so on and so on until it ends or until GH3 comes out. And if a member is willing to help run it, that would be helpful.

But my ideas mean nothing
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeybaby wrote:
Just a question on behalf of the European GHers like myself on scorehero, or indeed any other nation this may apply to. From the sources that I've found, it looks like we won't be getting the game for nearly a month after the US (places I've seen put the release date down as the 23rd November, and 30th for Wii). If that's the case and this starts 2 weeks after the US release, will we be able to sign up and just miss out on the first week or so and continue later on into the league, or will we have to wait till season 8.

Thought I'd check this out because I know that seperating people into individual leagues is done working with scores posted and week 1 scores so a huge group of people submitting later on could lead to confusion. Also, if we can participate, because I know league seperations also rely on posted scores, and as we'll get the game late, many may not be able to get a significant ammount of scores posted before signing up.

Yeah, I'd basically agree with that. There's also the issue that, even if you start as soon as it's released over here, everyone else will have a month's practice over us so it'll be a significantly skewed and hence probably not worth us taking part anyway.

I accept that it's just an unfortunate consequence of something that's out of your control... just, I guess it means the participation, at least for season 7, will be noticeably low on non-Americans. Not that I imagine anyone's really bothered, but I wonder if it could cause a few issues with minimum participant levels?

Also, as someone else said, would there be any chance of a Euro-specific sightread competition? Obviously it wasn't necessary for GH80s because the delay was only a few days, but people won't be happy about waiting more than a month for the results... I don't mind running the administration myself if you're all too busy with season 7 by then?

(EDIT: I've since read the information topic about the sightread competition, with the closing date of November 11th... we're definitely out then. If you don't want to run an official Euro sightread competition, do I at least have your permission to run an unofficial one?)

Anyway, see you in season 8 or 9, I guess... enjoy your break.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Also, as someone else said, would there be any chance of a Euro-specific sightread competition? Obviously it wasn't necessary for GH80s because the delay was only a few days, but people won't be happy about waiting more than a month for the results... I don't mind running the administration myself if you're all too busy with season 7 by then?

(EDIT: I've since read the information topic about the sightread competition, with the closing date of November 11th... we're definitely out then. If you don't want to run an official Euro sightread competition, do I at least have your permission to run an unofficial one?)

Yeah it sucks about the release date but its out of our control, etc etc. If there had been any way to fineagle that so that we could have had them (either S7 or GH3SR) include the euro contingent that would have been ideal, but with almost 4 weeks between them it was just too long to work around.

If there was truly enough interest to justify running a euro-specific sightread contest (id like to see minimum of 20 or so score per difficulty division), im open to possibly running one, how about we'll wait until mid november when the first one is winding down and then put up a sign up thread and see if theres enough interest?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
If there was truly enough interest to justify running a euro-specific sightread contest (id like to see minimum of 20 or so score per difficulty division), im open to possibly running one, how about we'll wait until mid november when the first one is winding down and then put up a sign up thread and see if theres enough interest?

Yeah, sounds reasonable. I predict we'll struggle to get 20 per division, but we'll see how it goes.

(By the way... I hope I didn't come off like I was bitching, I really wasn't. I know you guys wouldn't leave us out if there was any possible way to include us.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
elx  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, as far as the decision to split or combine the consoles for GH3, that decision will most likely mirror whatever decision is made for the site in general. I guess we will just have to see what happens.
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great descision guys. Do you still plan to do C,OB,B,A,AA,AAA
as the different leagues?

Also, are there twists? I hope not because I just want a good score.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: