ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lay Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
playadog11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurman91 wrote:
i dont think squeezing that yellow and still getting the orange is possible by regular means. maybe with easy expert but not with this timing window. with no whammying in the phrases before it, i dont think it would be possible.

are you talking about the 2nd activation? if so then it is possible you have to strum that note early.
hheemm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menzer wrote:
I feel like it should be possible to get another 200 on top of this, but I can't pull off the squeeze...

On the second activation, instead of waiting until the set of BO chords, activating on the 2nd single Y after SP and then hitting the first RB chord in measure 40 might be possible. Can anyone check if that would actually work? I feel like it should, but I can't do it.

Is this what you mean?
My first try with Paint so don't laugh.

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laydownjl6.png
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hheemm wrote:
Menzer wrote:
I feel like it should be possible to get another 200 on top of this, but I can't pull off the squeeze...

On the second activation, instead of waiting until the set of BO chords, activating on the 2nd single Y after SP and then hitting the first RB chord in measure 40 might be possible. Can anyone check if that would actually work? I feel like it should, but I can't do it.

Is this what you mean?
My first try with Paint so don't laugh.

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laydownjl6.png

Almost right, but the 2nd activation is 2 measures too short. it ends in measure 40, not 38.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, i was mistaken, i thought it was a different activation, i might be able to try this and do it, who knows, hopefully somebody wont pull an easy expert squeeze, i shall eat their unborn children.

EDIT: i tried the squeeze, and its not all that different than the other path, doesnt give you 200 more, i missed the squeeze a couple of times and got 300,9xx so if i got the chord it would be 301,3xx which is no different than the other path, except this is a harder squeeze, better to stick with the other path.
batsmak  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, I missed the squeeze and got 301,1xx...
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, i probably activated after i hit the note, i will try again, but now is late and i dont feel like playing anymore
witwix  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that squeeze on my 2nd try, you can also activate 1 note earlier on the 3rd, and still get that chord, but I've said that too much, league, etc.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after re-doing it, your right, its better, but thats all i can say too
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't know what the heck is wrong, but if I follow the optimal path exactly, I get somewhere from 300,7xx to 300,9xx. I know I'm getting all of the squeezes. Should I be getting more points than that with just the path, nothing changed? I miraculously got in the modded squeeze on the 2nd activation, and my score was still only 301118. People are getting like 301,500-301-400 on the Wii leaderboards, making it seem like squeezing this is really easy. Wait, I sometimes forget how many points you get for what. If I can somehow (because I suck at squeezing) get in the better 2nd act. squeeze and the extra note in the 3rd act., that extra note would add another 400 to my score, making me up around everyone else. My squeezing ability + needing it for leagues = lose.

EDIT: Nevermind, only one person on Wii has 301500+. The next ones down are 3013xx.
witwix  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got both those squeezes, and I don't know HOW you're missing points in the 1st and last, because it's not possible>_> you'd have 301706
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix wrote:
If you got both those squeezes, and I don't know HOW you're missing points in the 1st and last, because it's not possible>_> you'd have 301706

I'll try to make it a little bit clearer:

300,700-300,900 if I follow the normal path.

301,100 when I got in the modded 2nd squeeze, but the normal path's 3rd squeeze

So if I got in both of the better squeezes (modded 2nd and extra note on the 3rd) I'd still only have around 301,500, because the extra note on the third would add 400. If the optimal score with both of the better squeezes is 301,700, then I don't know how I'd be missing 200 points since notes under SP can't be worth less than 400. Sorry if I'm making this sound confusing.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero wrote:
witwix wrote:

So if I got in both of the better squeezes (modded 2nd and extra note on the 3rd) I'd still only have around 301,500, because the extra note on the third would add 400. If the optimal score with both of the better squeezes is 301,700, then I don't know how I'd be missing 200 points since notes under SP can't be worth less than 400. Sorry if I'm making this sound confusing.

i think you're still missing the 2nd squeeze's chord, if you got that it would be 301,500. the 3rd squeeze would get you 301,700 if you get it. hopefully that will solve the problem.
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurman91 wrote:
munkyzero wrote:
witwix wrote:

i think you're still missing the 2nd squeeze's chord, if you got that it would be 301,500. the 3rd squeeze would get you 301,700 if you get it. hopefully that will solve the problem.

Wait, I haven't been thinking correctly. I was thinking like if you miss 1 note from a squeeze, you'd be losing 400 points, but I forgot that you'd still be hitting the note with no SP and getting 200 points, therefore only losing 200. So I guess everything works out okay, but that also means I still can't get that 2nd squeeze. The 3rd squeeze seems even more impossible with that extra note at the beginning.

Last edited by munkyzero on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MunkyZero Wii Friend Code: 154733470839
batsmak  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix wrote:

wow... you have said too much! I was going to settle with my 301,5xx run... I need that last squeeze.
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the 2nd squeeze, and I decided I'm not even going to try for 301,700. It already took me a gazillion tries to get the 2nd squeeze; getting both it and the 3rd in one run is extremely unrealistic for me. Now I only have 3 songs left to get scores for this week.

EDIT: Just saw your score and damn, witwix, why do you have to be in my league??? Your skittlez are 1337.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: