ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Name is Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD27  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: My Name is Jonas 363k? Reply with quote

My friend has been helpin me with this song quite a bit and he said there is a way to get 363k. Im wonderin if anyone knows how to do this and wat the correct path and squeezes are. personal best is only 362250... 8 pts off the lead for 360. thats y u hold notes out as long as ur supposed to :''( .
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My Name is Jonas 363k? Reply with quote

SD27 wrote:
My friend has been helpin me with this song quite a bit and he said there is a way to get 363k. Im wonderin if anyone knows how to do this and wat the correct path and squeezes are. personal best is only 362250... 8 pts off the lead for 360. thats y u hold notes out as long as ur supposed to :''( .
Your friend is either misinformed or lying. As for the 8 points, it's not because you're letting go of hold notes early; it's because you're not squeezing the hold note in early enough at the end of your activation.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My Name is Jonas 363k? Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
SD27 wrote:
Your friend is either misinformed or lying. As for the 8 points, it's not because you're letting go of hold notes early; it's because you're not squeezing the hold note in early enough at the end of your activation.

Or the timing window might actually be big enough to double squeeze a chord, not just a note in the verses. The timing window is pretty large, but I doubt it's that large.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
Ending on 3 in My Name is Jonas is very bad.

In the path already posted, you are actually running over the fifth phrase, not having SP end right at it (which is how it appears on the chart). You have to run over a phrase in the first 5 phrases, but I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first and run over the third phrase.

So here are two paths:

"Optimal" FC path
This path includes all the basic squeezes (but no double squeezes). Successful execution of this path will get you the equivalent of 362050 + ticks on the last hold. Most players trying for a good score should follow this path.
Notice that you are actually squeezing the first note of the 3rd SP phrase into the first activation, so you run over that phrase. Another option is not to squeeze that note in, get the 3rd and 4th phrases, and run over the 5th phrase, hitting a chord squeeze in that activation (as the previously posted path would do). You get the same number of notes either way, but as I said previously, I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first.

Super-Optimal Path
This path includes 3 Yes We Can-esque double squeezes and will get you the upper bound score if you can actually execute it.
Notice that you do not squeeze in the first activation this time: you will run over the 5th phrase instead of the 3rd phrase.

I used the super optimal, and SP 2 immediately, and got 361,250. Think I missed some squeezes, but I couldn't really tell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRiff  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played the path labeled optimal and got 361250 what did I do wrong?

New goals:
FC Slither [ ]
FC The Outsider [ ]
FC Seventeen, I Wanna Rock, or, R&R [ ]
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRiff wrote:
I just played the path labeled optimal and got 361250 what did I do wrong?

Thats only 800 points off the target score which is just two chord squeezes...you might have just missed 2 squeezes or deployed the last activation early...I say just try again

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't know what it is, but I can hardly read the super optimal path... with the optimal path I usually get 362062, but I cant tell where you actually use the second activation... do you squeeze in the orange and blue note before the first chord, or do you only squeeze in the blue note before the first chord?

I wish I could've figured it out because I got 361666 just now which means I got an extra tick...

EDIT: I got 361666 three times in a row, so I guess I'll use the optimal path for now and try to get that extra tick.

Kevosuki  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

362,058 with barbaloot's optimal. i dont understand how you can get the extra 200 points....
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevosuki wrote:
362,058 with barbaloot's optimal. i dont understand how you can get the extra 200 points....

The optimal is actually 362650 according to debrs path. I just recently got 362262. The extra 200 I got came from the second activation... you have to do a crazy double squeeze and include the first orange note in measure 20, and the second BO chord in measure 23 it only took me a few tries to hit it; I might try to hit some of the other squeezes as well.

Jexeff  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand what to do at measure 13?
Saskatoons  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrr. i almost got optimal. that last little measure got me. i missed one note throughout the song. i will be uploading a pic for the score.
Chase25  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Jonas Reply with quote

Love this song.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have FC'd it tons of times. I love tapping at the beggining.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piratetrips12 wrote:
I have a score of 362,050 on this song and I really want to know where people get like the extra 8 points from :\. I always end in a 50.

Okay first of all squeezing = ? i've read the whole tut stuff and i'm still clueless, do i activate it as soon as i strum? slighty before?

Also without any knowledge of squeezing i got 361k on this
jujukappa  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you noticed that it is possible to hit notes either slightly early or slightly later that normal. Well since you can do that squeezing is a method that takes advantage of that. When you have star power you can activate it (for example) a little bit after the note you want. This in turn allows you to hit your first note with star power bonus while still giving you slightly more room to "squeeze' or hit slightly early the very last note before the star power ends. This method in alot of cases allows you to hit an extra note when you activate star power. which gives you more points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: