ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Name is Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jujukappa  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when using the super optimal path what should your score be at the start of measure 31. I can get it to 170,150 but im not sure if I hit the last chord from the previous star power. I just always use this measure as a check point in case your wondering why I mention measure 31.
HellnFire666  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, how many ticks are possible on the last activation (assuming no double squeeze)? I can get 362066 very consistently, i wonder if more are possible?
ghvoodoo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:

"Optimal" FC path
This path includes all the basic squeezes (but no double squeezes). Successful execution of this path will get you the equivalent of 362050 + ticks on the last hold. Most players trying for a good score should follow this path.
Notice that you are actually squeezing the first note of the 3rd SP phrase into the first activation, so you run over that phrase. Another option is not to squeeze that note in, get the 3rd and 4th phrases, and run over the 5th phrase, hitting a chord squeeze in that activation (as the previously posted path would do). You get the same number of notes either way, but as I said previously, I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first.

ok so what exactly are "ticks"?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: VooDoo678
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghvoodoo wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:

"Optimal" FC path
This path includes all the basic squeezes (but no double squeezes). Successful execution of this path will get you the equivalent of 362050 + ticks on the last hold. Most players trying for a good score should follow this path.
Notice that you are actually squeezing the first note of the 3rd SP phrase into the first activation, so you run over that phrase. Another option is not to squeeze that note in, get the 3rd and 4th phrases, and run over the 5th phrase, hitting a chord squeeze in that activation (as the previously posted path would do). You get the same number of notes either way, but as I said previously, I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first.

ok so what exactly are "ticks"?

Tick: A unit of hold points. At a x1 multiplier, it is worth 1 point. It is most commonly seen as a unit of 4 points, considering that those who discuss it are attempting to obtain ticks in addition to achieving an FC, which requires maintaining a x4 multiplier throughout the song.

You can also find any other acronyms here:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25112

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
DaveLombardo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant squeeze at all im still clueless to it, and the maximum you can get without squeezing is 361,050
With a 2-2-2-2 path
DreJ1212  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what I did wrong with my path?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUEwCxnSYZw
Warning: incredibly low volume, turn your speakers up.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DreJ1212 PSN Name: DreJ1212
northtxhurricane  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same score I got on my vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umjf_aFWrZo

http://www.youtube.com/user/idontreallyknowno

My Youtube Account...plenty of Guitar Hero videos.
ScreamerzPro  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
Ending on 3 in My Name is Jonas is very bad.

In the path already posted, you are actually running over the fifth phrase, not having SP end right at it (which is how it appears on the chart). You have to run over a phrase in the first 5 phrases, but I would prefer to get the squeeze out of the way first and run over the third phrase.

So here are two paths:

"Optimal" FC path

Super-Optimal Path
This path includes 3 Yes We Can-esque double squeezes and will get you the upper bound score if you can actually execute it.
Notice that you do not squeeze in the first activation this time: you will run over the 5th phrase instead of the 3rd phrase.

I Used this path and ended up with...361,058... i'm not sure if i did it worng though, :P i'm kinda new to the SP Path stuff.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ScreamerzPro PSN Name: OfficialReplay12
Devildude122  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i missed things in super cuz i only got 361258

IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh3-ps2/expert/mynameisjonas.hundred-zero.best.png

Optimal.

Kainde  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at the bradleyzoo most optimal SP chart today and i saw that the paths were like this: 2-2-S1-2-2-S1. what does the S1 mean?
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kainde wrote:
i was looking at the bradleyzoo most optimal SP chart today and i saw that the paths were like this: 2-2-S1-2-2-S1. what does the S1 mean?

Welcome to Scorehero.

New to ScoreHero? Read here!

it means that you override that SP phrase with the use of starpower since you get more points that way

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
1KnightStands  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering; In the Super Opimal Path, is the very last activation even possible? I don't think the timing window is big enough, but to be honest, I haven't tried it yet.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1KnightStands wrote:
I'm just wondering; In the Super Opimal Path, is the very last activation even possible? I don't think the timing window is big enough, but to be honest, I haven't tried it yet.

Yeah, it's possible. But it's probably easier to move it to a couple of notes earlier. Timing-wise it's basically the same as the 2nd (and 3rd) activation.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
1KnightStands  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah now after playing this song for like 40 mins I see that it's very possible, just not a day at the beach. Oh and could someone help me out on the third activation? You know, where you have to hit the end of the timing window in of the first of the strand of GYB chords and then hit the G B in that long hammer on? If you didn't understand me, look at the 3rd activation in bradleyzoo's path above. I just need some help getting the blue note .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: