ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Name is Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1KnightStands wrote:
Yeah now after playing this song for like 40 mins I see that it's very possible, just not a day at the beach. Oh and could someone help me out on the third activation? You know, where you have to hit the end of the timing window in of the first of the strand of GYB chords and then hit the G B in that long hammer on? If you didn't understand me, look at the 3rd activation in bradleyzoo's path above. I just need some help getting the blue note .

I found that activation to be easier than the 2nd and last activations. You have to do a really good front end squeeze, but that's all there is to it. The last note is a HOPO and if you just fret it very early (earlier than you would be allowed to in GH:A and GH2) you'll automatically hit it as early as possible. Strumming it has no effect what so ever. Usually when you back end squeeze you have to hit the note, but not too early. But in this case you can fret it as early as you want as long as you don't miss the note before it, so it's pretty easy. So basically it's all about the front end squeeze, which just has to be very late. Try to stretch it as far as you can and you should be able to get it down after a while.

But never trust me when I say a squeeze is easy...
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
HandsomeDandy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could hit optimal on just oneee freaking song.

i cant beat 362,050.

everytime i play i get that....i cant even get 8 more points.

PSN: PM Me For It.
My Accomlishments Thread
1KnightStands  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandsomeDandy wrote:
i wish i could hit optimal on just oneee freaking song.

i cant beat 362,050.

everytime i play i get that....i cant even get 8 more points.

Getting optimal is just a matter of experience, practice, and determination.

If you want to get those extra 8 points (actually, it's possible to get 20 extra points I think), all you have to do is hit the LAST activation's very first red strum note extremely late and hit the YB sustain chord (A.K.A. Long note/chord) extremely early.

If you want to learn where the double squeezes are so you can practice getting optimal, use
this optimal chart here.

I hope this helped you.

NOTE: When trying to hit the double squeezes, you have to hit the very first note/chord in the activation as late as possible (meaning when barely a thousandth of the note/chord is still in the timing window). Good luck. [/b][/url]
sasuketheavenger  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

DOES SP PHRASES COUNT TOWARD FC'S???!?!?
cuz i fc'd sumthing but i got 9/10
wanted 2 kno if it counted
HELP
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

sasuketheavenger wrote:
DOES SP PHRASES COUNT TOWARD FC'S???!?!?
cuz i fc'd sumthing but i got 9/10
wanted 2 kno if it counted
HELP

no, it does not matter how many SP phrases that you get during a song. As long as you hit all of the notes in the same combo, then it is counted as an FC.

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
NukeboySC  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just found out something intresting. I've FC'd this song couple of times, and gotten around 360k. But it seems I'm missing one SP phrase. Wouldn't it be wiser to wait for a 3rd starpower and then activate at the end of the song, exactley when there is the R/B strum???
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the upperbound path, notice where the last activation takes place.
Notice the note counts under measures 46-49. Those 4 measures add up to 5000. If you activated right away after the 3rd star power, you would only get roughly 3875 (The 3 star powers would last till the end of the song).
So, even though it would normally seem like a good idea, there are more notes before the 3rd sp phrase than after - mostly due to the 2 sustains.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, but does this give an optimal score??? It should be more than around 360k. Maybe 370k as best???
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NukeboySC wrote:
Nice, but does this give an optimal score??? It should be more than around 360k. Maybe 370k as best???

The path that JohnnyGrey linked is from bradleyzoo.com, which contains paths based on a computer program designed to calculate optimal scores. They're not always perfect, but in this case it is. As for your question about overrunning, it sometimes happens that the layout of star power in a song places a phrase in or very near a point-heavy section in such a way that it's impossible to activate over the section without the overrun. In these cases, the potential extra points from getting the phrase are may be outweighed by the higher point density, and so it would be profitable to overrun.

In the specific case of My Name is Jonas, the last phrase in the song is part of a measure of chords that is worth a lot of points. Since that phrase is so close to the end, getting it really wouldn't add very many points (since even if you activated right after getting it you would still have star power left over at the end of the song), and so it's better to overrun it and get the point-heavy measure. Fortunately, you really don't have to do these calculations since bradleyzoo has done them for you .
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian

Last edited by zsjostrom35 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
NukeboySC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed I squeezed all the starpowers in the song the first time I got the optimal score. The second time i FC'd i didn't squeeze and only ended up with 340k.
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NukeboySC wrote:
I just noticed I squeezed all the starpowers in the song the first time I got the optimal score. The second time i FC'd i didn't squeeze and only ended up with 340k.

Im not exactly sure what you are talking about because you dont lose 20 thousand points by squeezing. Though if activate one note too late on the first activation you would override the third starpower and therefore losing a lot of points. But i doubt that you had the optimal score since only a couple of the best squeezers have atttained this score.

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
NukeboySC  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, guess i didn't know what iw as talking about Sorry for the wierd reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: