ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
La Grange
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La Grange optimal path

I get that going 2-3 at the beginning beats going 3-2 by 200 points, pre-multiplier.

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
La Grange optimal path

I get that going 2-3 at the beginning beats going 3-2 by 200 points, pre-multiplier.

A slightly easier way of doing the second activation, which eliminates the need to activate on a hopo, is to go 4 notes later on the strummable Y note. Same amount of notes, but just a little less of timing window to work with.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Thurman91  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piso wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:
La Grange optimal path

A slightly easier way of doing the second activation, which eliminates the need to activate on a hopo, is to go 4 notes later on the strummable Y note. Same amount of notes, but just a little less of timing window to work with.

interesting, could be easier for me to get that 200 im missing. still have first but im not satisfied since i know someone will drop me.
Matt276  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, 2-3-3-2 might be slightly better than 2-3-2-3, depending on how much whammy you can get on some of those later phrases. Assuming all whammying is cut off by 1/4 beat at the end of each hold, you can deal with the last 5 phrases like this:

3: Activate on BO in 109, squeeze to G in 116.
2: Activate on R in 130, squeeze to B hold in 137.

This would give you 5370 points, while your last two activations give you 5230. I think the phrase full of 1-beat holds gives you less SP, but if you can get a half bar (oops, I mean 3 bulbs ) from it or very close, you could squeeze from the first R in 131 to the B hold and still get 5270 points. Your path is probably right, but I wanted to point this out to make sure you looked at this possibility.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I determined the optimal path was first by assuming you'll want an activation between the fifth and six phrases (which is the densest part of the song), which commits you to either 2-3 or 3-2 for both the first 5 and last 5 phrases. I determined that in each case, 2-3 got more points than 3-2. Finally, I dropped the original assumption, and the only reasonable new path to total up was 2-2-2-2-2, but 2-3-2-3 beat it out by a wide margin. So yes, I did consider the possibility of ending 3-2. Also, I've noticed that when you have lots of small SP whammies, the amount of SP you get tends to be less than what debr's formula predicts, so I doubt getting more whammy than expected from that one phrase is an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i need to learn how to squeeze in this songs activations....
xGHLegendx  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the SP path i just FCed it and got 251k i used 2 3 2 3
Jebsax2006  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Barbaloot's path, but only got me 255k. maybe i missed some ticks on that last blue hold, but that is a hard squeeze.

I used Zehmtrioux's path and got me 256176 with good squeezing. I know his path is not optimal considering I did it pretty much perfect, and still not top 10. Where are thoes ticks coming from that gets ppl 256,500+???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: