ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Black Sunshine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Hard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now I'm confused. On JC's chart, all of the measures appear to be in 4/4 time signature. However, some of the measures in debr's chart are in 6/4 time signature. Does someone know which chart is right? I'll try to find out myself which is right, but if someone could tell me which chart is right, then I could really start on finding out the exact activations.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
OK, now I'm confused. On JC's chart, all of the measures appear to be in 4/4 time signature. However, some of the measures in debr's chart are in 6/4 time signature. Does someone know which chart is right? I'll try to find out myself which is right, but if someone could tell me which chart is right, then I could really start on finding out the exact activations.

Debr's. It's also easy in game to distinguish from the fact that SP drains really slowly, despite being such a high-bpm song.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:

I think both can be considered correct, just depends on how you want to do the measures, since 2 measures of 6/4 is the same as 3 measures of 4/4.

debr's chart is not in this thread, but I'm pretty sure the 6/4 bits must be the notes in between the sustains, and it sounds more "correct" (not sure what term to use) to put those beats in groups of 6 rather than groups of 4, but 4/4 still works as far as I know, it's just more awkward to count.

In terms of finding the right activation points, you'd probably be better off just finding a certain note you can use, rather than worry about what measure it's in, otherwise just stick to the 4/4 chart and don't worry about the time signature change.

That's just my suggestion, since I've never been able to find optimum paths before.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the optimal path.

2-next note
2-right before measure 45, ends right before the next SP phrase
3-middle of 3rd O, ends right before next SP phrase
2-1st R
2-Y note right before the sweep at measure 129, same amount of points as if you activated right on the sweep, easier to pull off

EDIT:Fixed the second activation.

DOUBLE EDIT:Wait, no I didn't! *facepalm* NOW it's fixed.

TRIPLE EDIT:Fixed some dumb spelling errors.

KoE wrote:

Last edited by BrianBAM19 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Hi7  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just HAD to release that AFTER week 1

Goals:
6* Hard (TTFAF) [ ]
7* Hard [ ]
65 Hard FC's [ ]
45 Expert FC's [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hiseven7
JR626  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, that makes me feel better then. I had the exact same path as BrianBAM, but only FC'd this once with it and missed some important whammying so I didn't get as good of a score.
blake7787  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the last activation do you mean 169? 159? just not seeing how you can activate it at 129... im sure just a mental error/typo of sorts.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blake7787 wrote:
on the last activation do you mean 169? 159? just not seeing how you can activate it at 129... im sure just a mental error/typo of sorts.
Yikes, forgot to point out I was using debr's chart, not JC's. JC's chart doesn't have the correct time signatures, and the measure numbers are off. Look above for the reason why debr's charts are correct. On the last activation, it's measure 129 on debr's chart, and measure 160 on JC's chart.

Anyone wanting to look at debr's chart can look here, since that's whose charts I use.

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh3-ps2/hard/blacksunshine.blank.png

EDIT:
dramacomic wrote:
BrianBAM19 wrote:

In terms of finding the right activation points, you'd probably be better off just finding a certain note you can use, rather than worry about what measure it's in, otherwise just stick to the 4/4 chart and don't worry about the time signature change.
I usually point out a certain note in my paths, but the problem is that I needed to know the correct time signatures to determine where the star power was going to end, especially on the first and 4th activations, where they started in 6/4 time.

KoE wrote:
Hi7  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
Here's the optimal path.

2-next note
2-right before measure 65, ends right before the next SP phrase
3-middle of 3rd O, ends rihgt before next SP phrase
2-1st R
2-Y note right before the sweep at measure 129, same amount of points as if you activated right on the sweep, easier to pull off

I don't understand how you can get 2 SP and activate on 65 for the second activation. If you were to activate on 65 that would net 4 SP's...

Edit: Nevermind. I see you used JCirri's chart for the second activation... You shouldn't switch charts like that. It confuses me

Goals:
6* Hard (TTFAF) [ ]
7* Hard [ ]
65 Hard FC's [ ]
45 Expert FC's [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hiseven7
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, not sure why I did that. Fixing right now, thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT:I think that might have just been a typo. On debr's chart, it's right before measure 45, not 65.

KoE wrote:
esneky  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"2-right before measure 45, ends right before the next SP phrase"

Just an FYI that you can whammy enough to go over the next SP phrase. I had enough to go over both notes in the phrase but not enough to reach the note after them.
BobSanders  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if I'm trying to five star it? Would that still be a good path? Please let me know......
smithal3  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSanders wrote:
What if I'm trying to five star it? Would that still be a good path? Please let me know......

If you are just trying to 5* it then use your SP on any spot where you can keep a 4x (or 8x w/SP) multipier the whole time.

Most of these SP paths are only useful if you assume an FC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: