ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cult of Personality
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannymiller  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got 232k on this song

i got 100% on everything but the first solo,start soloing,and keep soloing.

i went
3[second g-b-y-r after solo]
2[in the middle of keep soloing at the green note in the sp phrase]
2-activate at first green in outro

i doubt this optimal so any help?

GH2:
Beat Jordan [ ]

GH3:
Beat Raining Blood [x]
Beat Lou[x]
Get Past TTFAF Intro[ ]
4* Raining Blood [ ]

Rock Band:
Beat GGAHT [x]
atreyurox  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant 5 star this yet and ive guess ive got to learn to combo the solos because the star power doesnt work for me right now

Beat TTFAF
5* Set List on Expert
Get No 1 on a song
FC 10 songs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: meatshield
MasterMaje  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 294k with WAY more than just minus 3.

I'm trying Barbaloot's path nao.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
twanger  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. This is the song I'm stuck on. The second solo is what kills me.
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 305k with my own path, so I guess I should go use K3v's path.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beginning is Malcolm X talking. x3 the end is FDR.

Barbaloots got me 299.9k!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
InuYasha62  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a path for someone who can't fc the last three solos? I can fc the first one just fine, and i get the first sp phrase of the next solo, then... i'm terrible. If you wanna see, check my youtube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB37lwSCpIg
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's curious, here's the path for one who wants to 5* but can't pass the solo w/o SP.

2 - next note
2 - next note
3 - at some point that you may need to activate in "Start Soloing!"
(As for the 4 that show up in the solo...if you manage to hit 2 of them, go crazy, but this will skip by those...S4? >_>)
note: make sure you activate before the end of "Start Soloing!" or the SP will run over the phrase at the beginning of "Don't Stop Soloing!"
2 - measure 111 (this one DOES require you to hit the one at the beginning of "Don't Stop Soloing", which shouldn't be too hard)

I was having trouble 5*ing this one, and that did the trick. It got me 211k, which is some 17k over the 5* cutoff, with only 1 mistake outside of the solos and 70%-75% in each solo section, so it has a little room for error outside the solos, but don't get sloppy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, here's a path that I managed to throw together with my limited pathing skills and minuscule understanding of the whammy formula.

This is for those who can pass the solos, but can't perhaps combo them (particularly the first solo.)

Pic (yes I know it's a little messy): http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w137/Archknight78/copnosp.jpg
I'd like to note I guessed on half of the activation endings. But the starting times are still as they should be.

For those too lazy/unable to see the pic

3 - Next note
2 - Next note *****(can someone more skilled than I figure out if the next phrase would be overwritten without compression?)

Here's where a little change comes in. On the picture, the activation I'm describing has a red line above it.

If you manage to hit the chorus phrase plus the other two phrases in Start Soloing!, then use the optimal activation overwriting the Keep Soloing! phrases. However, if you miss one of the Start Soloing phrases, activate immediately after you get the first Keep Soloing! phrase. If you miss both Start Soloing phrases, that throws my path off-track, and I suggest finding a path for yourself if you can't hit at least one of the Start Soloing phrases.

So the next activation is either:
3 - first green of m82, start of the Keep Soloing phrase's scales
or
3 - Next note

Then, the last activation is getting the Don't Stop Soloing phrase and the verse phrases and activating at the end (first green of 110.)

So, altogether

3 - Next note
2 - Next note (again, compression possibly needed?)
3 - Keep soloing phrase OR next note (explained above)
2 - start of m110, after the break

Lastly, I'll mention it one more time, correct the second activation if compression is needed; I'm gonna test it first-hand and see if/how much compression is needed, but an exact answer would be nice.

Last edited by Akaleth on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Akaleth
titans77  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always used barbaloots path, thus getting me 359k on a -3 run (3 missed notes were in the solo not under starpower) which put me back around 4k points

Use barbaloots path if you can combo the solo when you have starpower activated
Kiyrugoji in response to the heroin hero t-shirt dilema wrote:
Maybe it's not what we all think... maybe he just wants a Pepsi.
just one pepsi.
and she wouldn't give it to him
shadowbane  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'm getting uber close to fcing this song, only haven't fced the start soloing part so far, and about 50% chance i hit solo1 and keep soloing while playing. i need to know where people get all sqeeze's. the first activation i always get. then the 2nd one i activate/squeeze the 3 cord notes and end on the yellow long note for squeeze and ticks. then the one you activate on the green and ends on the red i get, but the activation during solo's i'm unshur about, i whammy all and use in middle of star phrase after yellow whammy on green note, i try to hit it late, and activate late to try to get more notes in at end of star power but what note is it spose to end on? this is the activation during keep soloing. i'm not shur where it ends. but as for the last activation, you can activate 1 note earlier on the yellow instead of red, and end on the last note of red. note the last activation, i strum during the pull offs yellow note late and strum early for hitting red note. tricky but i've done it. any help?

Edit: yeah, i have a vid, but its on my friends wii, so it was different for me to play on but perfect star power lol. also if you go to my friends profile, you'll find my vid of me 100% the intro to dragon force w/o tapping. and a very easier way to do it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPVFj2op_Y
100%-FC cult of personality[ ]-5
100%-FC Cliffs of Dover[ ]-3 and had tapped both orange parts.
Dude, Don't Taze me Bro;
Now mastering co-op, try to beat any of our 1st's overall or just ps2 1st's. also its sad we got optimal for closer before anyone too. cept maby ticks lol
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:

Move the 2nd to last one up to the G note, and it's optimal. Thanks to pope for the path.

i think i know a better way, correct me if i'm wrong.

Starting from after the 3rd activation:

Use SP right away after the next two SP phrases. There should be enough time that you don't overrun the 1st phrase in the solo. The next activation should be after the orange sustain after the 2nd SP phrase. The last activation should be immediately after the SP phrase after the solo. This path gets you an additional activation, a better last activation, and a more efficient SP use (you lose a little less than 2 paths on the way you mentioned: you only get the short sustain of one phrase and you overrun another. with my path you are left with one.)

the only part of this path that might not be correct would be what would become the 4th activation; you might overrun the SP phrases, but i dont think you would.

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotgunmerc wrote:

the only part of this path that might not be correct would be what would become the 4th activation; you might overrun the SP phrases, but i dont think you would.
You would.
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignore

Last edited by Shotgunmerc on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just watched jameslikecoulter's video of the song where he used Barbaloot's path...i checked out on the assumption that 2 SP phrases = 4 seconds of SP (i think thats what it is anyway) and there was plenty of time going by my path. you wouldn't overrun in the 4th activation of my path.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: