ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Raining Blood
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Timdogg1934  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty new to guitar hero and am not the greatest player, currently 92% through hard, and about 1/3 through expert, but I can't get a 5 star on medium on this song...what is the points cutoff...I have a high score of about 119,300. Thanks
Potatomasher  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck at this song, but have 5-starred it.

Using a good Star Power path will help. 2-3-2 is what I use. Check the note chart to figure out the best places to activate them.

Hyperspeed all the way up to 5 is probably a good idea on this one to get everything as spread apart as possible so you can read it more easily.

Other than that, find the sections you do the worst on, and take them to practice mode. For me, I 100% most anything other than the fast repeating greens at the start, and The Flood solo at the end, which I'm terrible at.

Also, you can find the cutoffs if you click Song Stats here on Scorehero.
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3-2 is the path I used for my latest score.

If you're having a lot of trouble keeping combo after the first two phrases I would just save 4 bars for measure 102. It's by far the easiest part of the song and it's worth just as many points as activating anywhere else.
yankees408  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my high score is 78,333 lol.

Last song I need to Five Star and like 4th I need to FC..
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can has optimal path?

2-next note
3-5th GR chord(start of measure 102)
2-right before the 8th R note, middle of measure 145

This got me 190,287. Can't see anything wrong with it.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
TheHeroOfCanton  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was the last song i needed to 5star everything, thanks for the note chart!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of the hardest songs i need to 5* and im using a controller cause i suck with the guitar and every song ive 5* up to this point was by controller lol. anyway ive tried many ways to get the 5* but my highest score is 117K, is there any easier way to get the cut-off score?

and what do people mean by like 2-3-2? that is confusing me. and i am new to this.
rkcr  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutantfreek wrote:
this is one of the hardest songs i need to 5* and im using a controller cause i suck with the guitar and every song ive 5* up to this point was by controller lol. anyway ive tried many ways to get the 5* but my highest score is 117K, is there any easier way to get the cut-off score?

and what do people mean by like 2-3-2? that is confusing me. and i am new to this.

2-3-2 refers to how many SP phrases to pick up before activating (in this case, 2 phrases, then 3 phrases, then 2 phrases). It's a quick notation for charts, and generally it's good enough for most people who have a passing knowledge of paths because they can figure out when to activate based on the numbers.
mutantfreek  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:
mutantfreek wrote:

2-3-2 refers to how many SP phrases to pick up before activating (in this case, 2 phrases, then 3 phrases, then 2 phrases). It's a quick notation for charts, and generally it's good enough for most people who have a passing knowledge of paths because they can figure out when to activate based on the numbers.
oh. thanks for the help. i finally 5*'d all medium songs so now im on to hard. my hands arent goin to love me after all this lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the above advice, because I also am having trouble 5*ing this song on Medium.

I got 122k and still only got 4 stars!

I'm not convinced that the only way to maintain a high average multiplier is by not missing any notes in the entire beginning:

Edit: Today I used starpower through the part I mentioned above, and didn't miss a note, then finished the song with 97% and got the 5 star.

Goal:
[ ] - Inhuman Achievement
[ ] - Fc some expert songs
Fatigue  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got a 5* with 126k with a 158 note streak and 94% hit using the 2-3-2 path described above. turning on hyper speed helped.
Giggedity  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah hi I have tried RB on medium and have got a HS of around 122k 96% and 188 note streak and still no 5*.BTW my avg multiplier was 2.748 I believe in GH2 it was 2.8x to 5* is it the same still?Help?

Thanks for the help

~Gigs
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the multiplier you need is still 2.8. I think I scored 124k 3 times in a row without getting the 5*. I finally did it with a 126k, so you're really close to the cut-off.

And yes, this song is a bitch to get 5* on. With most songs, as soon as I figure out the pattern to the section that's confusing me, I can rapidly increase my score. (E.g., figuring out the galloping triplets in KoC increased my score by 45k). But I never had that luck with Raining Blood and my increases have been very small.

EDIT: while the cutoff hasn't been officially proven yet, the calculated 5-star cutoff is 124,186. (Taken from Debr's spreadsheet in the Barfo Proof Project thread.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Cutoff Reply with quote

Ill Check it, I can Fc it so i can make some mistakes if i want:P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Medium All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: