ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cliffs of Dover
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
f4phantom2500 wrote:
Barbaloot wrote:
k3v and pope got it right. Straight 2's is beats anything with a 3 in it and is optimal. However, if you combine the third and fourth activations into 4, you get exactly as many points, but you only have to hit one squeeze instead of two to do so, so 2-2-4-2-2-2 is simpler to execute.
Cliffs of Dover optimal FC path

Maybe I did the math wrong, but I came up with ~310k for an FC using that path. I've gotten 320k with a different path.

I'm pretty sure you did the math wrong. I got an estimated score of 323.5K from that path (using the final score on debr's blank chart + 4*points under SP).

Yeah, you're right; I redid the math and got 323.5k. I was in a rush when I did it the first time, so I figured I probably messed up somewhere.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Phenomenon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten really close to a five star for this, i keep blowing it on the chorus though.

Barbaloot's path seems most optimal.
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out that in terms of number of points, my path corresponds with debr's 20%-squeeze and 40%-squeeze paths (323.5 K). The rest of the points (in debr's higher squeeze charts) will come from double squeezes, which I did not and do not typically include on charts. For example, my fourth activation could be moved a beat earlier (to the R), and if you could then squeeze to the B note in m124 (which would be a 4 measure + .333-beat squeeze with exactly 4 measures of SP) you would get an extra note. Furthermore, if you are going for super-double-squeeze-optimal, splitting my 4 activation into 2-2 would allow more opportunities for double squeezes (remember, 2-2 gets exactly as many notes as 4 with regular, exact-measure squeezing).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your path, Barbaloot. I just re-FC'd with 322.5K. Just so you know, if you whammy enough SP out, it's pretty easy to activate one note earlier in the first activation, and still get everything until the break at the end of intro solo B. And I should have moved the fourth activation back to the Y or B because I always had a teeny bit of SP left over at the end of the activation. Anyway, I hope the 1st doesn't get taken too quickly. It wouldn't be too hard to re-FC it again. Also, one more note that I forgot; For some reason, in the 5th activation, my SP always ended at about the first red of the two, so I missed 2 notes (I think). I don't know if that's just not enough whammying on my part.

Last edited by munkyzero on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MunkyZero Wii Friend Code: 154733470839
JPrez44  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, im quite the idiot. I was using 2-2-2-2-3-3 trying to FC it since i can do every part of the song now, and it's just a matter of time. Thanks for the path Barbaloot, I should "actually" go over the chart like i usually do for songs before trying to FC a hard song and find out my scores shit for one damn reason.
CronoRegen  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, I'm really not good enough just to see saw my hand like that... i think thats what keeping me away from 5 stars

184k </3
slayer8462  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
k3v and pope got it right. Straight 2's is beats anything with a 3 in it and is optimal. However, if you combine the third and fourth activations into 4, you get exactly as many points, but you only have to hit one squeeze instead of two to do so, so 2-2-4-2-2-2 is simpler to execute.
Cliffs of Dover optimal FC path

I tested and used this path...i got 322650 with first place...check my youtube video. i think i got every squeeze that might be maximum score although i might have missed 1 squeeze
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The Snow Slayer
hsatakeit  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are way more points in the song than 322,650. And the next to last activation in the chart lasts way to long, i can barely get the last green in the activation, let alone up to the yellow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsa take it gh3
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the chart, there are 2.75+2.24+2.41+1.42 = 8.82 beats of whammy going into the second to last activation (and this already includes the .25 beat taken off each hold). According to debr's formula, this should yield 8.82*8/7.75 = 9.10 beats of SP on top of the 4 measures from the two phrases. The activation I drew is exactly 9 beats above 4 measures, so if you are falling 2 entire beats short, it means either the whammy formula is way off, or the holds on the chart are too long.

If you get precisely the notes marked on the chart I posted under SP, you should get about 323.5K. The rest of the points in debr's upper bound score come from (likely unrealistic) double squeezes which I did not include in the chart, including splitting up the 4 activation into 2-2 and hitting a double squeeze in each.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the path barbaloot helped me finally get my 5* on this

Beat Lou on Expert [X]
Pass TTFaF on Expert [X]
5* Expert Career Setlist [X]
5* TTFaF Expert (Long way to go - 406,618 87%)
hsatakeit  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbaloot wrote:
According to the chart, there are 2.75+2.24+2.41+1.42 = 8.82 beats of whammy going into the second to last activation (and this already includes the .25 beat taken off each hold). According to debr's formula, this should yield 8.82*8/7.75 = 9.10 beats of SP on top of the 4 measures from the two phrases. The activation I drew is exactly 9 beats above 4 measures, so if you are falling 2 entire beats short, it means either the whammy formula is way off, or the holds on the chart are too long.

If you get precisely the notes marked on the chart I posted under SP, you should get about 323.5K. The rest of the points in debr's upper bound score come from (likely unrealistic) double squeezes which I did not include in the chart, including splitting up the 4 activation into 2-2 and hitting a double squeeze in each.

Yes I dont miss out on any whammy, yet it ends much shorter. so somethings amiss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsa take it gh3
DDRDiesel  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImmortalX wrote:
Fuck. Thought I had it right.

Oh well. Time to try out the-

Oh wait. I can't hit the part of the first activation. Fuck the part.

God damn it, how does ANYBODY hit that?

And don't say tapping. Otherwise I'll cry.

Actually, I tap it, and though not consistently, I do quite well as far as getting through it. Left hand fingers 1-3 do and right hand taps

~Diesel
shaft1986  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImmortalX wrote:
Fuck. Thought I had it right.

Oh well. Time to try out the-

Oh wait. I can't hit the part of the first activation. Fuck the part.

God damn it, how does ANYBODY hit that?

And don't say tapping. Otherwise I'll cry.

I've been toying around with the Jordan Solo A method of playing a quick fall repeatedly. It gets tricky when you need to hit those green guys, but it's manageable, and it looks like

Of course, that's kinda cheating the game mechanics, but whatever.
Azer  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my prefer solo...
=D
96% (Joystike)
ScottxBlackout  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can't Even 4* the fucker! Its a really easy song too! The simple bits get me, i can FC the intro, including the dodgy bit right near the end of it. IT'S NOT FAIR!

Complete Hard [x]
Complete Expert [x]
No 3* [] (1 To Go!)
5* Cult of Personality [x]
5* Raining Blood []
5* F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X [] (God Damn....)
The Inhuman Achievement [x] (YES!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: